redsoxfreak91
    redsoxfreak91's Avatar Become A Pro!

betting strategy

I have been contemplating this method for a while now and can not see of a reason why it would not be successful so I joined this site to get some opinions. Obviously for any spread bet you make you have the juice which makes it not 100% profit but 90% profit when you win. So bet 100, win 90. Well the line is the most even amount to give between the two teams so I would say that it is about 50/50 if you just randomly picked the spread. Well what if you put 110 dollars on a spread and increased it each time you lost enough to still win the amount you should have won in the first bet. For Example:
    Patriots -7 (-110) 110 to win 100 LOSS
    Panthers +7(-110) 233 to win 210 LOSS
    Rams +20(-110) 481 to win 433 LOSS
    Ravens -7(-110) 1016 to win 914 Win

So the total would be:
    Risk 1830 (110+233+481+1016)
    Win 1930 (1016+914)
    Profit 100

I know that is a lot if you lose 3 straight or more, but if you follow sports well enough I believe you should hit at least 30% of picks. Someone smarter than me please look this over and discuss how this strategy would be sufficient or inefficient.

lightweight
    lightweight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1064

What you describe is commonly known as the martingale strategy/system; which is several hundred years old.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

let me know when you lose 8 in a row kid

redsoxfreak91

ya i figured people have used it as its not that hard to think of, but I want to know if others have used it and made profits

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

some people have had success with various chase systems in different sports

redsoxfreak91

well prob. should have looked up those terms as they were about word for word of what I said ha. I have been sports gambling for about 4 years now pretty consistently and have gotten to a point where I win more than I lose (in money terms not in bets made that is) but I started reading about these systems and I wanted to see if any real sport gamblers use any of these. I think the chase system could work if I only picked games I was kind of confident in, but not with random lines like I stated in my first post. But please tell of any strategies or tips you use when betting that helps put a little side money in the pockets to have extra money to make teaser and parlay bets that I make most my money on.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

If you have to bet or use some sort of chase system, I would think MLB would be more ideal for this, since there are games day after day until the playoffs of course. The NFL for most of the year has games two times a week.

With your own example you are laying 1830 to win 100. So it gets extreme really fast. Best of luck.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

No one can stop you trying the system but ever since I witnessed 19 consecutive Blacks on the Roulette wheel the martingale system never seemed as enticing.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfreak91 View Post
    ya i figured people have used it as its not that hard to think of, but I want to know if others have used it and made profits
    It will bury you. Even in your example, you're risking 1016 to win 100 on a 50/50 proposition. Search the forums and you'll find lots of people who get burried. There was this one thread a guy made where he lost $5000 bankroll in one day using it. Great thread, it really should be stickied.

It sounds good in theory, but when you break down the numbers, it's a road to ruin.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I think the chase system could work if I only picked games I was kind of confident in, but not with random lines
    You have the same chance of winning games with random lines as you do with games that you're really confident in.

redsoxfreak91

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    It will bury you. Even in your example, you're risking 1016 to win 100 on a 50/50 proposition. Search the forums and you'll find lots of people who get burried. There was this one thread a guy made where he lost $5000 bankroll in one day using it. Great thread, it really should be stickied.

It sounds good in theory, but when you break down the numbers, it's a road to ruin.

This is why I wanted to come to a forum before even trying it. I dont mind sticking with teaser bets that I have been winning a lot with this football season. I've bet props a few times but never really took a huge liking in betting them but have heard people make lots of money off them. Does anyone like betting props and find them favorable if you know what your doing?

redsoxfreak91

also can anyone post a link to the season stats of win percentages of o/u bets, home team covers and all that stuff, im trying to find it on google but I cant

Zuon
    Zuon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 708

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfreak91 View Post
    also can anyone post a link to the season stats of win percentages of o/u bets, home team covers and all that stuff, im trying to find it on google but I cant
    The martingale can work one time.
    If you want to use the martingale as usual strategy, your destiny is the disrupt.
    you can have a optimal 60% hit rate (but if you have it, you don't need for use the martingale, you became rich with flat bet), but surely, your lose strike after or before will arrive.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the only chase system that might work is one that involves betting the ML on home favorites in baseball 3 straight times in a series.

The only way you'd lose is if a favorite got swept at home. Very unlikely, so you could MAYBE go the whole season without getting slapped with a loss.

artist
    artist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Just go with the top teams in ncaaf teaser them if your scared.. Check out their ats cover if you don't believe

redsoxfreak91

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    I think the only chase system that might work is one that involves betting the ML on home favorites in baseball 3 straight times in a series.

The only way you'd lose is if a favorite got swept at home. Very unlikely, so you could MAYBE go the whole season without getting slapped with a loss.
    I like that idea, i am going to explore different statistics and find a good system of percentages to potentially find the right formula to make the chase system work for quick money but not for any long term success as I believe teaser bets are the best way for that.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post

HAHAHA....Unreal! Your saying you could go a whole season without a home favorite getting swept??
    HAHA....won't happen. I dont have numbers, but I guarantee this will never happen.