bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    invested nothing?? How about their body.
    Invested their body, oh brother . They play fukin basketball, that's not an investment, I dont go to the basketball court and say Im bout to go invest my body, I hope I get paid at least 5 mil a year or whats the point. The ghetto monkeys mightve spent a few extra hours on the court instead of earning 8 bucks an hour at McDs or slingin crack but that's bout it.

The owners have invested billions

Given those 2 "investments" how can you justify the owners LOSING 300 million a year while the players make 2.1 billion a year? Clearly there needs to be some negotiation here and if the players cant see that then theyll have to take their dribbling skills to China and see if theyll somehow make more over there.

The owners are just looking to break even with this current deal, hard to call that greedy
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 10-16-11 at 03:31 PM.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    I suppose if I were to become a plumbers assistant, hoping to become a well-paid plumber some day, you would say that I had invested my life into plumbing. So, when a real plumber with a real business ( which he has invested his life AND risked his capital to start ) hires me -- I guess I have the right to tell this business man how much he will pay me? Since I have invested my whole life into this business, the owner of the plumbing business should understand that I have the right to demand that he give me all his profits plus a little.
    You're comparing apples to bullshit, plumbers are a dime a dozen, there's only a couple of guys in the world that can compete in the NBA....

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Invested their body, oh brother . They play fukin basketball, that's not an investment, I dont go to the basketball court and say Im bout to go invest my body, I hope this pays off at least 5 mil a year or whats the point. The ghetto monkeys mightve spent a few extra hours on the court instead of earning 8 bucks an hour at McDs or slingin crack but that's bout it.

The owners have invested billions

Given those 2 "investments" how can you justify the owners LOSING 300 million a year while the players make 2.1 billion a year? Clearly there needs to be some negotiation here and if the players cant see it then they can take their dribbling skills to China and see if theyll make more over there
    Yes, yes. Anybody has the talent to play basketball... While I see regular guys play a pickup game with artest, shannon brown at the Hollywood YMCA and cry like little bitches.

bettilimbroke999

So u feel the NBA should basically be run like a charity, 300 mil losses for the owners 2.1 billion profits for the players simply bc the players are the best ball dribblers?

Good luck to you in this world if you expect the owner of the business you work at to give you all the profits plus money out of his pocket just bc you are very good at your job

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

So u feel the NBA should basically be run like a charity, 300 mil losses for the owners 2.1 billion profits for the players simply bc the players are the best ball dribblers?

Good luck to you with your negotiation if you expect the owner of the business you work at to give you all the profits plus money out of his pocket just bc you are very good at your job
    Exactly. That's why there's no incentive whatsoever for the owners to give in. They're in it for the long haul and that's why the cancelled the first two weeks so fast.

If the players don't like it, they can have fun learning Chinese.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Where are they going to get new players? Go to the YMCA and pick up Joe the plumber and Bobby the part time clerk to play for the Los Angeles Lakers? Can you imagine Jack Nicholson watching that game? He will pull out his own eyes out of disgust. Without the current NBA players the NBA is dead. END OF THE STORY.
    Out of college. Current players will do a lot of showing up. And a lot of players will show up from other countries. Do you really believe there are no basketball players around? Geez, you could probably find a bunch in high school yet if not on just about any inner city bb court.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

It amazes me that so many people thing there is such a vast gulf of talent differential between the average NBAer and the droves of college players that don't go pro. Why is it that the big stars get all the calls from the refs? Without preferential treatment many of these stars would regress to the mean.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Rose is a bitch. As much as I love the NBA and making money off of it if this is the case and this guys are this fuked in the head. Cancel the NBA

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

It amazes me that so many people thing there is such a vast gulf of talent differential between the average NBAer and the droves of college players that don't go pro.
    It amazes me that People can compare college basketball games to NBA games... I can see it and I hate the NBA.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

Players like to think they have leverage but they don't and will soon realize that. It is not the owner's fault that many guy like to live above their means despite making millions a year. The owners didn't become billionaires by spending their money aimlessly and losing millions a year by paying players millions. Players, mind you, that have no sense of money management and like to blow their loads on worthless crap before they realize that they don't have any more money.

The NBA is a business and a losing one at that with the way it's set up. The players like to think they can create their own league and still be successful, but it's far from that easy. Then again, they can go overseas make alot of money (be it less money than they are making now) yet most of these players won't like living in these countries where things are very different then they are in America and simply couldn't hack it.
    Last edited by Gonz312; 10-16-11 at 04:19 PM.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

owners should get 60%, players 40%

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Alot of uninformed comments in this thread...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TehSharp

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I always figured SBR posters were morons but these idiots backing the players in this situation are fukking priceless.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Out of college. Current players will do a lot of showing up. And a lot of players will show up from other countries. Do you really believe there are no basketball players around? Geez, you could probably find a bunch in high school yet if not on just about any inner city bb court.
    Then after the first season of your genius plan ends with the NBA of college players and Chinese imports the owners will lose 600 million after the attendance at the Lakers game drops to 500 paid customers per game and that includes the player's families and friends who had free tickets for the game.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Call me racist, which I'm sure some will. But there is an overriding black mentality that says, "Even though I don't understand what's going on or the economics involved, I am not getting what I was before or what I want so the white man must be doing me wrong and I'm not taking it."

Bluehorseshoe

Then after the first season of your genius plan ends with the NBA of college players and Chinese imports the owners will lose 600 million after the attendance at the Lakers game drops to 500 paid customers per game and that includes the player's families and friends who had free tickets for the game.
    Right. Everybody is going to dump their season tickets for the Lakers.

It's all about money management. The NBA wouldn't make as much (mostly TV revenue) if they lost their stars, but not as much money would be going out. People are going to watch no matter what. You realize the Clippers are only one of five teams to make a profit year after year. You know why? The scumbag, cheap owner treats it like a business.

Another thing, if the owners give the players what they want, say goodbye to small market teams. Without a hard cap, N.O. and all the other teams barely hanging are gone, which means less jobs for players. I'm sure the stars of the league give a shit about that.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

The players have invested NOTHING and get a bigger piece of the pie than the owners. Does that seem right to you??
    That's business broseph. It's not uncommon for labor costs to be greater than the profit. Do the nba owners think they're exempt from costs of doing business? Gtfooh

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    That's business broseph. It's not uncommon for labor costs to be greater than the profit. Do the nba owners think they're exempt from costs of doing business? Gtfooh
    When labor costs are 300 mil greater than revenues - other expenses you've got a serious problem

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

When labor costs are 300 mil greater than revenues - other expenses you've got a serious problem
    Everything is relative homie. Not to mention that there are ways to increase the revenue without adding labor.

If NBA was nearly as creative as MLB then that wouldn't be the case. Is it even possible to watch nba games online? Look at how many different ways you can watch MLB games. Nba tv is also terrible. Their studio shows look like a high school production.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

I don't get your point. I have heard both sides labeled as greedy. However, there is nothing wrong with greed. Greed makes the world go around. But that greed needs to be tempered with common sense. Everyone wants to make as much as he can, obviously. The athletes should get as much as they can. The owners should get as much as they can. But there comes a point at which they are only hurting themselves. If they don't allow their business partners ( the owners ) to get a fair deal, they are simply dealing themselves out of business. AND, who is it that you think doesn't have a college education around here? AND, what is the significance if some of us are not college educated?
    My point is people here are clueless.....don't know basic things like economics, accounting, etc....

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Call me racist, which I'm sure some will. But there is an overriding black mentality that says, "Even though I don't understand what's going on or the economics involved, I am not getting what I was before or what I want so the white man must be doing me wrong and I'm not taking it."
    I think this is a big factor, the owners have basically said alright we will give you ALL the profits from the business, we simply want to run this business at a break even instead of donating 300 mil a year from our pockets like we did under the previous CBA

Response from players: **** you, we aint gonna take that shit deal! Yea Im sure theres tons of opportunities abroad for a bench player for the Hornets to make a million a year overseas Good Luck!

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post

My point is people here are clueless.....don't know basic things like economics, accounting, etc....
    Well you sure showed us with your in depth analysis of the situation.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I always figured SBR posters were morons but these idiots backing the players in this situation are fukking priceless.
    A disgruntled fukk calling people morons is priceless.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Yep. This is great.

Another point that all these "owners first" folks are failing to comprehend is that it is an owners fault for not making money. If you are an owner and pay Rashard Lewis $10 million a year that is on you. That is not the players fault. Look at Donald Sterling, guaranteed he made a lot of money last year. Some of these owners need to go back to rethink how they run their team.

If owners stop playing middle of the road type of players 10 million a year they can solve all of their supposed "financial woes." There should be zero demand for a player like Rashard Lewis or Hedu Turkoglu to play for your team for $10 million a year. That is all on the owners.

bettilimbroke999

Not sure if these numbers are accurate or not but even if the NBA is lying and these #s are accurate the profit is miniscule compared to other sports. Look I assure you of one thing in this situation, the owners will win and the players will lose, how much they want to lose is up to them. If they cancel the season the players will lose 2.1 billion and the owners 200 million if your numbers are correct or save 300 million if the NBA's #s are correct, either way the players will lose and eventually have to agree to the owner's reasonable demands anyway.

Besides a hard cap should be required in pro sports anyway, unless they want to eliminate small market teams altogether. Allowing LA to spend whatever they want and compete vs Charlotte is a ridiculous concept
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 10-16-11 at 06:04 PM.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

A disgruntled fukk calling people morons is priceless.
    How am I disgruntled? Idiot.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

How am I disgruntled? Idiot.
    you don't see it??Idiot.

bettilimbroke999

I'm tall and black (can jump high)....I deserve AT LEAST 5 million a year. Any less and I'll go play for Vietnam

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

I'm tall and black (can jump high)....I deserve AT LEAST 5 million a year. Any less and I'll go play for Vietnam

You're a racist moron. Get fukked.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Right. Everybody is going to dump their season tickets for the Lakers.

It's all about money management. The NBA wouldn't make as much (mostly TV revenue) if they lost their stars, but not as much money would be going out. People are going to watch no matter what. You realize the Clippers are only one of five teams to make a profit year after year. You know why? The scumbag, cheap owner treats it like a business.

Another thing, if the owners give the players what they want, say goodbye to small market teams. Without a hard cap, N.O. and all the other teams barely hanging are gone, which means less jobs for players. I'm sure the stars of the league give a shit about that.
    No one is going to see college players and Chinese and Slovakian players play in the NBA. So half the teams will fold. Teams like the Clippers, Kings, Hawks, Bucks etc.. The reason people watch the NBA it's because of the megastars like Lebron and Kobe. Look at the MLS. They don't have the best soccer stars in the world and it sucks big time. No one watches it and no one is making money in it. Is that what you want for NBA?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

you don't see it??Idiot.
    If you can't tell the difference between me and Derrick Rose, and why one of us would be considered disgruntled while the other merely participating in commentary of Derrick Rose and his disgruntled state then you are an absolutely moron.

Though from what I've read of your posts that isn't by any means a stretch of the imagination.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

If you can't tell the difference between me and Derrick Rose, and why one of us would be considered disgruntled while the other merely participating in commentary of Derrick Rose and his disgruntled state then you are a absolutely moron.

Though from what I've read of your posts that isn't by any means a stretch of the imagination.

How is Derrick rose disgruntled?? Because he says a comment that took him 10 minutes to say then proceeded to fukk some hoodrats in a limo.

While keyboarding, goes into threads and starts calling sbr posters dumb, morons, idiot, etc thru a keyboard. You must be really smart.

Bluehorseshoe

No one is going to see college players and Chinese and Slovakian players play in the NBA. So half the teams will fold. Teams like the Clippers, Kings, Hawks, Bucks etc.. The reason people watch the NBA it's because of the megastars like Lebron and Kobe. Look at the MLS. They don't have the best soccer stars in the world and it sucks big time. No one watches it and no one is making money in it. Is that what you want for NBA?
    They don't have to bring in players from other countries. If they locked out for a year and the NBA decided to start fresh, every two tier player would be waiting on line to come back. It's not going to be worth it for the Corey Maggette's of the world to go over seas and play. If that was the caliber of the NBA, you and I would still watch because of gambling. (Which means TV revenue. Not at the same income as before of course.)

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for the owners.

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

You think all of these teams will fail without "NBA" players? Remember that the teams you are saying will fail have shitty players on them anyway. Do you think its going to make a difference if they fill them with cheaper shitty players? The players will fold, they dont have the money managment to stick this out long term. Fill the teams with new talent and people will find there way into the seats to watch some breakout new star that plays in the new league. Start to get into the season and the teams that are winning will fill the seats regardless of who plays on the team. People just want to cheer for a winning team.

And dont forget that these owners were never just handed the keys to these franchises. These are business men who have made a lot of money in other areas and in fact are still making money doing other things. Stop paying players and it just stops taking away the profit from their other business'. They will be alright.

First 12345 ... Last