milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I want the Brewers to win so badly it hurts...

with all due respect to opie's thread, the brewers are playing for everyone today. cardinals one of the most hated teams in baseball.
    going on 40 years of being a season ticket holder here, and without a doubt today is the biggest game of any kind in the history of the city of milwaukee.

with the pushed back start time (thanks for nothing rangers!) i now have about 12 hours to pace, bite my nails, drink, etc etc.

i've been to the world series, nba finals, mlb/nba all-star games, us open golf (2008!), pga championships, etc etc. but today will be the biggest sporting event ever, and let's pull together every prayer to make it even bigger tomorrow.

doesn't the whole world want to see carpenter/gallardo for a game 7 with the most electrifying/loud audience in the history of baseball?

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

yea i'd rather have it be a 4'oclock EST start.. It's surprising how many people think the Cards are a respected team, when they really are hated throughout baseball.. Just gotta hope the score is 0-0 when the Brewers come up in the 1st

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

I am pulling for the Brew Crew. Am a Blue Jays and Phillies fan but I have always had a soft spot for the Brewers and for the city of Milwaukee. I hope they crush LaRussa's whiny Cards.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

i think the only cardinals are only hated in Milwaukee and Chicago (and maybe now in Philly).... its ok, you're hated too

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I want the Brewers to win too, Mike. For several reasons......I hate the Cardinals, I like cheese, and most importantly.....I want the Brewers to win because I like Milwaukee Mike. And I want Mike to wake up tomorrow feeling just as great as I do right now.

With all of the grief and heartbreak involved in being a fanatical fan of certain teams, you spend most of your time wondering why you put yourself through all of the misery? Then, once in a great while, the Gods give you a moment, and you get to see what its all about.

Good luck, Mikey! I'll be pulling for 'ya, pal.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nosniboR11

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    i think the only cardinals are only hated in Milwaukee and Chicago (and maybe now in Philly).... its ok, you're hated too
    You finished my thought, what a shock, two homers from Wisconsin hating on the Cards.

Newsflash, there are lots of people that would love to see Tony Plush sitting down with fastball sticking out of his ear, and Grienke having a psychological breakdown, doing the flounder on the pitching mound.

roundcake
    roundcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

go brew crew!!

milwaukee mike

opie you are a class act as always. best of luck to the rangers in the world series.

but if you're playing the brewers, bring us back nelson cruz please! we should've never let him go...

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Cardinals being one of the most hated teams in baseball might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Are you going to cry tonight after St Louis ends it?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    with all due respect to opie's thread, the brewers are playing for everyone today. cardinals one of the most hated teams in baseball.
    going on 40 years of being a season ticket holder here, and without a doubt today is the biggest game of any kind in the history of the city of milwaukee.

with the pushed back start time (thanks for nothing rangers!) i now have about 12 hours to pace, bite my nails, drink, etc etc.

i've been to the world series, nba finals, mlb/nba all-star games, us open golf (2008!), pga championships, etc etc. but today will be the biggest sporting event ever, and let's pull together every prayer to make it even bigger tomorrow.

doesn't the whole world want to see carpenter/gallardo for a game 7 with the most electrifying/loud audience in the history of baseball?
    Does it hurt like that?
    Name:  Capture38.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  12.4 KB

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    Cardinals being one of the most hated teams in baseball might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

only everyone in the central hates you. cubs brewers reds.

hell you even had to trade some of your own young players because they can't stand your team.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want them to lose so badly it hurts lol. I have STL +675 to win the NL pennant

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post

really?

so tony la russa is universally loved? is that because he led the beginning of the steroid era with canseco and his dugout buddy mcgwire?

either larussa is the dumbest, blindest manager in the history of baseball (not likely) or he did the WRONG thing by ignoring and/or helping blatant cheating in the a's clubhouse. to think this guy hasn't been punished one bit for this is sickening to many baseball fans' stomachs.

and larussa's bush-league beanball tactics and smug attitude are hardly an acquired taste...

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

this was the reds last yr thinking are all big and bad, u see how that worked out last yr?

cards are winners every yr, we been here before nothing new to us

gl brewcrew

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

let's pull together every prayer to make it even bigger tomorrow. doesn't the whole world want to see carpenter/gallardo for a game 7 with the most electrifying/loud audience in the history of baseball?

Too funny. I think Brew Crew wins tonight. Series? I dunno.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    this was the reds last yr thinking are all big and bad, u see how that worked out last yr?

cards are winners every yr, we been here before nothing new to us

gl brewcrew
    best of luck to you too onetrickpony.

not sure cards are "winners every year" (implying brewers are one-hit wonders) - brewers/cardinals have each made the playoffs twice over the last 5 years. and the cardinals had 0 playoff game wins since 2006.

there's a ridiculous amount of trash talking by cardinals fans, which is why i think they turn off a lot of people:
    1) as a fan you never made a single play in any game, so why are you taking the credit?
    2) it's bad sportsmanship, especially to say stuff like "when the cardinals win are you going to cry". if you've really "been there before and it's nothing new" then maybe your fans should show a little maturity.

i didn't see any packers fans on message boards asking bears fans if they were going to cry after the nfc championship game last year...

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Something's wrong with Marcum, hasn't pitched well in a while I can't see him winning it

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    only everyone in the central hates you. cubs brewers reds.

hell you even had to trade some of your own young players because they can't stand your team.
    Because we'll always be on top and you'll always be jealous losers.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

I didnt care who won when series started but after watching mil act after a couple wins, i hope they get their asses kicked and i see that it is going to happen. Dont act like you win a world series after 1 win. Better luck next year

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

So much mis-information and whiny MIL homer-ism, that's what really hurts.

When I can walk the streets of New York after the Cards finished off the Phillies sporting my Cards jersey and actual born and raised new yorkers are walking up to me giving me props... And even Braves fans are now cheering us on...

Calling us 'most hated' is just your opinion coming from your tiny (and apparently bitter) corner of the world.

Also, even if there was a game 7, it wouldn't be the most 'electrifying/loud audience in the history of baseball', the Cards had that covered the game we finished off the Tigers to win the World Series in 2006

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I didnt care who won when series started but after watching mil act after a couple wins, i hope they get their asses kicked and i see that it is going to happen. Dont act like you win a world series after 1 win. Better luck next year
    Exactly, act like you've been a winner before, gentleman! T-Plush has been adopted by some kind of hero in Milwaukee but the truth is he's a terrible influence and a bush league joker who will never be remembered as a great player when it's all said and done. He's just a chump riding his 5 minutes of fame.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers in 7 View Post
    yea i'd rather have it be a 4'oclock EST start.. It's surprising how many people think the Cards are a respected team, when they really are hated throughout baseball.. Just gotta hope the score is 0-0 when the Brewers come up in the 1st
    the brewers are actually the most hated team in baseball..nyjer is a clown, prince and your setup man both said there gone..it amazes me how people root for this team. Greinke talking shit with his 9 era? Give me a break

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

REDBIRDS!!!!!! Classless Brew crew get off the field.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Alberta conquers Nyjeria.

I'm sure glad Morgan ran his mouth and told "Alberta" to have fun watching the crew in the playoffs. Now my beloved Cardinals are going to be playing in the World Series!

The Cardinals aren't hated either. You may hate them because you're a Brewers fan but most people respect the Cardinals organization.

zsr

Plusha couldnt see albert if she had her gloves on Hows nyjers 190 batting avg?? Hows greinkes 9.00 era?? Only fitting all the brewers talking shit couldnt back it up. Cardinals whooped there ass and the brewers deserved it

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Plusha couldnt see albert if she had her gloves on Hows nyjers 190 batting avg?? Hows greinkes 9.00 era?? Only fitting all the brewers talking shit couldnt back it up. Cardinals whooped there ass and the brewers deserved it
    Yep. Morgan is a nobody.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

If Morgan really said that stuff in the regular season... when the Cards were still far back in the WC race... then this series outcome is nothing more than karma, which is real.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    If Morgan really said that stuff in the regular season... when the Cards were still far back in the WC race... then this series outcome is nothing more than karma, which is real.
    I'll find that exact quote....

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Cream rises to the top.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    He posted it on twitter. Guy is a clown. Brewers got exactly what was coming to them. Like i said, how can anyone root for this team??

BigDofBA

OK, Morgan got a hit off Carpenter in a game and started yelling at him talking shit.

After the game Morgan made this tweet on Twitter. It was September 8th and the Cardinals were like 11 back of the Brewers.

"Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!"

Well Nyjer, I sure hope you "injoy" watching the Cardinals in the World Series!

And how are the Cardinals a hated team again Mr. Brewers fan?

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    So much mis-information and whiny MIL homer-ism, that's what really hurts.

When I can walk the streets of New York after the Cards finished off the Phillies sporting my Cards jersey and actual born and raised new yorkers are walking up to me giving me props... And even Braves fans are now cheering us on...

Calling us 'most hated' is just your opinion coming from your tiny (and apparently bitter) corner of the world.

Also, even if there was a game 7, it wouldn't be the most 'electrifying/loud audience in the history of baseball', the Cards had that covered the game we finished off the Tigers to win the World Series in 2006
    congrats cards backers.

talk about mis-information! i didn't say "most hated" i said "one of the most hated teams" and as i explained it's because you have one of the most hated managers (and mcgwire doesn't help either).

i also would like to point out that miller park with a closed roof is much louder than busch stadium old or new. there haven't been many domed teams in baseball with success, toronto was one but their fan base is nowhere near as passionate as a st louis or milwaukee. so even though you complain about "homer-ism" you're quite guilty of it and there's no way your open air stadium was the loudest in the history of baseball.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Sorry about your Brewers, Mike. To be totally honest, not sure I wouldn't rather face the Cards more than your Brewers, but I hate it for you.

Anyone who's a sports fan has been in your shoes many, many times. I wish you well, and help my Rangers bring this one!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

12 Last