priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question for those with girlfriends or wives...

Serious question... what to do you when you lose a really bad beat or have a bad day/week? Most gamblers they let it affect their moods, so for those of us who try to live normal lives, how should we handle it? I know I have backed out on a date night once after a really bad beat and my g/f was pissed as hell about that. On nights I have to take her out, I don't check my bets just to make sure I'm not going to be in a bad mood.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

all i can say is you have to find a girl that understands the gambling..im lucky i got one that does..still it gets pretty rough after bad beats like for instance the other night when i had under in the cards 7.5 and they wormed out the 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th..well we had plans to go out but i told her **** it im not in the mood and that was that...still nothing beats having a few drinks and good sex after a shitty day of gambling...you gotta remind yourself it wont be your last bet or bad beat and just shake it off and remember to enjoy the other things in life or this shit will drive you insane.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    all i can say is you have to find a girl that understands the gambling..im lucky i got one that does..still it gets pretty rough after bad beats like for instance the other night when i had under in the cards 7.5 and they wormed out the 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th..well we had plans to go out but i told her **** it im not in the mood and that was that...still nothing beats having a few drinks and good sex after a shitty day of gambling...you gotta remind yourself it wont be your last bet or bad beat and just shake it off and remember to enjoy the other things in life or this shit will drive you insane.
    Agreed. I also never tell her how much I bet... I think she thinks I'm betting for $100 or $200 bucks at most. If she knew I bet thousands, she'd probably be upset.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

and make sure when you do go out you enjoy it and dont be afraid to spend a lil coin...also try to take her to diff places like a play, a museum and a bottle of wine, bullshit lil cruise dinner..whatever...just dont be dragging her to watch a game at a bar all the time cause that gets old..this way even if you dont go out as much its quality not quantity and things should be chill

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

I guess i'm one of the few lucky ones.. She just say aww i'm sorry you lost.. Then teases me all night for being the moron to bet on the "x" team or the over/under on the game..