FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Thank God I didn't bet for that fight...

Might be a riot in Vegas.
    Last edited by FuzzyDunlop; 10-15-11 at 11:11 PM. Reason: I know the title doesn't make sense....now.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm catching this right now. Just what exactly happen in this fight?

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

What fight?

bigboydan

does it appear that Hopkins has a shoulder injury?

Tree Rollins

Ohhhhhh the Hopkins fight...What happened? I didn't even know boxing still exists.

FuzzyDunlop

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    does it appear that Hopkins has a shoulder injury?
    Possibly elbow more than shoulder. This ruling is worse than what Dawson did.

bigboydan

Alfredo Berrios ESPN:
    They called it a technical knockout. WOW! At 2:48. Dawson is the new champ

FuzzyDunlop

Dawson now wants Manny. lolololol

FuzzyDunlop

These interviews are looney tunes. B-Hop rolled his shoulder.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    Possibly elbow more than shoulder. This ruling is worse than what Dawson did.
    I agree sir. Totally classless

Tree Rollins

Dana White is laughing his ass off.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

wow this sounds like some total bullshit after reading a live blog of what happened.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    Dawson now wants Manny. lolololol
    He said he wants Pascal not Manny.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Joke of a ruling. A dark day for boxing.

The last two PPV's have ended in disappointing fashion.

bigboydan

I'm just happy I bet Dawson -155 in the fight.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

boxing

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Joke of a ruling. A dark day for boxing. The last two PPV's have ended in disappointing fashion.
    No kidding. I was so disgusted by the Mayweather "fight", that i swore off boxing unless Tyson comes out of retirement or Manny fights Mayweather.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    boxing
    Word ...who the **** is paying 49 or 54 whatever it is for this garbage... I was at AZteca boxing gym friday talking to the head trainer ... Boxing guys dont understand their sport is on life support.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

It couldnt have been worse than that Paul Williams decision a few months ago

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

old man saved himself a beating.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

boxing?

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

CASHED Chad Dawson -140 7x to win 5x!!!! Happy on the Upside of this one!!

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33428

I wasn't expecting the fight to stink in the way I've read it did, but with these two guys getting in the ring it seemed pretty obvious this fight would suck from a spectator's point of view. I'm as big a boxing fan as anybody, but people who fell for paying to see BHop and Dawson sort of deserve what they got.

The fight card to watch yesterday was Cleverly/ Bellew and DeGale/ Wilczewski. Two phenomenal, big time fights that played to a packed house and huge Euro tv ratings. Of course, the "boxing is dead" crowd won't mention this because they're ignorant of that card's existence.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

ian if it was ruled an accidental foul under four rounds, and any fighter can't continue, means no contest regardless of who is winning on the cards right? what if a fighter is winning on the cards, fight is under 4 rounds, fighter gets intentionally fouled, fighter can't continue, what would be the ruling? what if a fighter is up on the scorecards fight under 4 rounds, but gets called for an intentional foul where the losing fighting claims he can't continue, what would be the ruling? if 4 rounds or after the losing fighter intentionally fouls and the winning fighter, fighter can't continue, what happens? if 4 rounds or beyond the winning fighter intentionally fouls and the losing fighter can't continue, what happens? thanks
    Last edited by phillybadboy; 10-16-11 at 02:49 AM.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

this wasn't a major boxing ppv folks, they didnt even really advertise it

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    ian if it was ruled an accidental foul under four rounds, and any fighter can't continue, means no contest regardless of who is winning on the cards right? what if a fighter is winning on the cards, fight is under 4 rounds, fighter gets intentionally fouled, fighter can't continue, what would be the ruling? what if a fighter is up on the scorecards fight under 4 rounds, but gets called for an intentional foul where the losing fighting claims he can't continue, what would be the ruling? if 4 rounds or after the losing fighter intentionally fouls and the winning fighter, fighter can't continue, what happens? if 4 rounds or beyond the winning fighter intentionally fouls and the losing fighter can't continue, what happens? thanks
    Anytime it's an accidental (like a head butt) or intentional foul and the fighter can't continue then it's a non decision if less than 4 rounds. After 4 rounds it goes to the judges cards. The only thing the intentional foul does is possibly take away points from the offender if the ref chooses to. The ref could deem the act egregious and could also disqualify the offender. Other than that, it doesn't matter if it's accidental or intentionally. If it's under 4 rounds and the fighter can't continue then it's a technical draw. If at least 4 rounds are completed the judges score the partial round & turn in their cards. The fight is scored as an official fight.

Interesting that the judge here didn't think there was a foul. If he did, he would have probably taken a point away from Dawson. Since he didn't deduct a point and say there wasn't a foul then he deemed no foul, accidental or intentional. Since there's no foul, Hopkins had to continue to fight which he didn't, thus the TKO. The judge actually screamed out "no" as Dawson was picking Hopkins up but he never deducted a point. He probably thought Hopkins was faking but he should have been more clear in his instructions with Hopkins that he needed to get up or get TKO'd.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Unless CA has weird rules, an accidental foul at that point in the fight makes it a no contest. An intentional foul makes it a DQ regardless of the round and who was ahead on the cards. That's assuming the fighter is unable to continue, like when a headbutt causes a boxer's eye to swell shut. If the ref thought BHop quit, then it's a TKO. My guess is that the ref thought BHop was okay, but was trying to weasel his way into a DQ win by claiming the inability to fight, and therefore ruled it a TKO win for Dawson.

My personal feeling is that the CSAC should have a non-partisan doctor examine Hopkins' shoulder. If it's legit injured, they should change it to a no-contest. If his shoulder is more or less okay and Hopkins was faking it (which with BHop is totally possible) then I think the TKO should stand.

phillybadboy

ian, mac4life i'm gettin two different answers, regarding if an intentional foul resulting in a fighter not continuing going to the cards or DQ

phillybadboy

more boxing fans than i thought

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

ian, mac4life i'm gettin two different answers, regarding if an intentional foul resulting in a fighter not continuing going to the cards or DQ
    If an intentional foul prevents a fighter from continuing it's a DQ (like when Arthur Abraham knocked out Andre Dirrell after he slipped and was on his knees.) That's my understanding of it anyway. I have seen fights where an intentional foul in an early round prevented a fighter from continuing and it was ruled a no-contest, but that was in Europe and it was universally hailed as a BS ruling.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

no,it wasn`t...the ref distinctly said,"no foul"....he said it several times....it wasn`t a "tko"...it was a "stoppage due to injury and the fighter couldn`t continue".....

listen to the ref,not lederman,lampley and kellerman...they all had a vested interest(hbo and golden boy) in giving hopkins side of the issue.....

the ref is the arbiter...not the announcers...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

ha yeah, the ref said "no foul" at least 10 times!

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

boxing is a joke now.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Riggggged

FuzzyDunlop