lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Parlays

Pretty funny how many guys bet parlays on here. The funniest part is how they bet 5/6/7/8/9/ teamers.

Parlays are only good for two teamers and very rarely at that.

Guys stop betting parlays. The funniest thing is how you clowns bet 9 team parlays and win 8 of 9 but no game straight up. Just imagine you would have been up 7 units on that parlay if you played it straight.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Agree with you. Two teams parlays are good if you have an edge. Other than that, they are losers.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

I just read this after I posted my parlay thread

I normally don't but I figure for a few bucks every now and then it is ok. But if someone thinks they are going to beat the books with parlays they are mistaken.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I live off 2-teamers (ML) and do well.......Fun to take a few dogs straight up on parlays for a monster payout but haven't done this in a while

Agreed on your main point......multiple-team parlays are mainly for fun/ recreational/small players

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Pretty funny how many guys bet parlays on here. The funniest part is how they bet 5/6/7/8/9/ teamers.

Parlays are only good for two teamers and very rarely at that.

Guys stop betting parlays. The funniest thing is how you clowns bet 9 team parlays and win 8 of 9 but no game straight up. Just imagine you would have been up 7 units on that parlay if you played it straight.
    but if you hit that 9 or 10 teamer its 10k compared to maybe a 1000 depending on the odds of course. Parlays are fine as long as you pick your spots.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

diagree....parlays are the only way to win big money.
    Points Awarded:

Ice House gave vyomguy 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

i guess you can look at it like this, we all realize parlays are bad bets because of the odds..however if you are betting games straight the only way you will make a big score is if you win a few in a row..so ideally the best bet is open parlays and you pick and choose your spots..perhaps a 4 team open and try to pick a winner a day if you can have the discipline..another good part about a parlay is if you're having a rough day you may be able to get a few losers out of your system in one bet.

hoop22
    hoop22's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

sometimes u have no choice, u want me to bet my whole ten bucks on a single game?

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    diagree....parlays are the only way to win big money.
    Sharp post

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

If u have a huge bankroll then single plays are good

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

If you play big favorite money lines you're not going to play them on their own. Easy money on a parlay.

immy5150
    immy5150's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

depends on how good you are at picking doesn't it....picking parlays with 6 teams with ML -400 or better pays +135 or better...not bad
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

parleys, teasers, action reverses, sucker plays, hard enought to win one game let alone two....

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

its just simple math, your odds of winning decrease with the number of games you play, but if you want to have fun and you dont have a lot of $$ to lay down on one game a parlay card is the way to go.

vyomguy

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    parleys, teasers, action reverses, sucker plays, hard enought to win one game let alone two....
    so you cant pick 2 winners for parlays...but you can pick 2 winners in straight bets ?

The bottom line is you have to know how to pick winners. If you cant do that, then it doesnt matter if you bet parlays or straight bets.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree but gambling is just a hobby to some people like myself and is no different than buying a Powerball ticket.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Pretty funny how many guys bet parlays on here. The funniest part is how they bet 5/6/7/8/9/ teamers. Parlays are only good for two teamers and very rarely at that. Guys stop betting parlays. The funniest thing is how you clowns bet 9 team parlays and win 8 of 9 but no game straight up. Just imagine you would have been up 7 units on that parlay if you played it straight.
    You're exactly right. Parlays tend to kill bank rolls.

I have done 10 team parlays in the past and hit 7 or 8 teams a couple of times. While it's easy to say I would be up a lot just betting each game individually, I usually don't bet that many games at a time and if I did, I would probably get killed.

Likewise, when I do a 7 or 8 teamer, I usually only throw like $4 or $5 on it. The payout is decent and if I lose so what. It's mainly just for fun. I think in the past year there have been three days in which I have hit these. I typically do two or three of them which slight variations. One day I hate two out of the three parlays I placed. It was pretty awesome.

I do this mainly for fun and try to come out on top. It's not my primary source of income. It's more of a hobby than anything.

But yeah, you're exactly right about parlays. It's not the wisest bet.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I won a large payout parlay when I first started betting, it ruined me for awhile cuz I thought I had an edge. Ended up losing it all back of course.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlay is much more fun.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Parlays excellent for small bankrolls

Parlays good if you like lots of action without investing a lot

Open parlays excellent

Parlays only way to make big scores

JR007

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    so you cant pick 2 winners for parlays...but you can pick 2 winners in straight bets ?

The bottom line is you have to know how to pick winners. If you cant do that, then it doesnt matter if you bet parlays or straight bets.
    have to win two to win your bet, otherwise it's a loss, win one lose one ( only lose juice)

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Parlays excellent for small bankrolls

Parlays good if you like lots of action without investing a lot

Open parlays excellent

Parlays only way to make big scores
    If JJ wants you to play them....

vyomguy

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post

have to win two to win your bet, otherwise it's a loss, win one lose one ( only lose juice)
    If you dont have confidence to pick 2 winners...then quit gambling.

Gambling is not for pussies.

JR007

dude, you are not getting true odds of 2 to 1, 13.5/5..........