will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

How do I stay an NBA fan?

I've been an NBA fan for 35 years (out of my 40). Yes folks, I do remember Earl the Pearl Monroe, Walt Clyde Frazier, Tiny Archibald...you get the picture.

I love to watch basketball. It's an escape from everyday life stresses. David Stern and the Players Association have the nerve to withhold something that true fans really covet. I love going to take the bus to MSG and watching the Knicks play and hanging out in the city.

These people are rich. There are players that aren't rich (the only one's that I have sympathy for). I'm an Italian-Jew but I hate to say it, David Stern is acting like the bad stereotype that Jewish people get. For god sakes, have some sympathy on loyal fans. Why should we be hurt for this? (not even talking about betting). When you see clips of Stern, he has a smug look on his face. What a selfish son of a bitch

If Basketball starts up 3 or 4 months late, how do I just accept this? People give in because they want to be entertained. I would give anything to see 2,000 people in the crowd at MSG as fans fight back against the NBA. Will it ever happen ? No...Fans should realize that we pay for their salaries, arena maintenance, etc Without fans, David Stern is screwed.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

I think its bullsh-it too but will what your saying really change peoples minds about this? I think they are total scumbags to even concider this lockout, all the money they are making and are still not happy. Some people dont even have jobs and these idiots are crying.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

go play some old school nba jams to keep you goin

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It is going to feel weird without the nba especially Nov, Dec

Hope they settle

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Go watch cbb, better anyway.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It is going to feel weird without the nba especially Nov, Dec

Hope they settle

When football is winding down,we'll only have college hoops (which is cool) and hockey (which I've lost touch with)

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

bumping the thread.. I want to know what people think. The fans pay for the salaries, etc. If the NBA starts up in January, you'd be cool with it?----I'm so pissed about the selfishness

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Be angry and upset, but don't stop becoming a fan. Nothing ever goes a smoothly as we would like it to. Use this time to do something different until it comes back, which it will come back for a shorten season. College basketball, hockey, and football will all be here together soon, maybe try to appreciate the different types of other sports..

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

who cares if the NBA is in a lockout right now. The NBA is a waste of space, college basketball is way better then the garbage shit

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a Canadian and until the Raptors joined the league (I was 12) I never really cared much for basketball. When the Raps won their first ever game and mighty mouse was pumped up like god's gift to basketball in Canada I became an average fan. With the lockout and shittinness of the Raps year in/year out, I'll just once again fully dedicate myself to hockey and a bit of football.

This was the same in the 94 MLB lockout. The Blue Jays were selling out 45k+ every game, then in 95 they only started getting umpteen thousand. Now they say it's high teens/low 2s but you only see maybe 10k in the stadium.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

stop whining, it is not a right to see nba games, ya they are fukking over the fans, they dont care tho cause they think most will comeback, the only way you can hurt them at all is too not spend money at their games or watch them on tv

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

There are several larger trends that are working against the NBA and will probably equate to another lockout in the near future, or the whole next season being squandered. First, there's money overseas, which means that players are able to holdout and there's not the same urgency to make a give-take deal, as there is when other leagues go through a lockout. Second, the owners are facing some major financial crises. You have NBA fans, whom are made up mostly of middle to upper middle-class white people who are being hit hard and are not willing to shell out the bucks to see as many games as they would have, a decade or more ago. In a majority of the smaller markets, owners are screwed. Then, there's improved technology, the thuggery that the NBA gets a lot of attention for, and all the other issues. David Stern is trying his best and I applaud him for at least trying to reign in the league, but its obviously beyond his abilities. So, I'd encourage the owners to play the the players' games right now...don't cave into their arguments, let the players dispute among themselves, as only the league's biggest names are going to get paid, while the majority of players are going to find a hard time getting work. Once they realize that there's a small window of opportunity to make the dough, newer players become draft-eligible and aren't going to have a strong allegiance to the union, things will work out and the NBA will resume.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

I wonder if NBA TV will start showing European and Chinese League games?