BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The unedited version or edited version of movie Slapshot you see on tv?Huge disparity

I never saw the unedited version of Slapshot until recently and man,it's amazing they could pull the editing job off where they spliced the film up to make it suitable for mainstream viewing tv.The guy on the Johnstown Chiefs who played the perverted creepy guy with all the off color comments recently died and he said he never saw the film until the end of his life and was totally embarrassed and ashamed being in it.I thought to myself,he was pretty good at the made for tv part he played and should laugh about it.After seeing the unedited versioin,I can see why as a religious guy he would feel ashamed.All in all though,most SBR posters would give up anything if they could be in a real life situation like playing for the ficticious version of the Johnstown Chiefs in 1977.

Paul Newman hated the movie and was embarrassed being in it.Hell,it was one of his best roles.It beats that social justice crap stuff he was in the rest of his life after that.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

My favorite scene in the movie is the opening one.