WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Fielder laughing and joking in 9th with 2 outs

If the players don't care why should anybody else

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its a game, try to keep that in mind.

You shouldn't care that much, sure it hurts a bit if your a fan of the team, but if its really affecting you then somethings wrong.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

because they don't care that much. They get paid regardless.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

This is the thread where all the talentless hamburgers tell the guys who are doing it how they should be doing it

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    This is the thread where all the talentless hamburgers tell the guys who are doing it how they should be doing it
    I don't know if you realize this or not, but you just categorized yourself as a talentless hamburger. Just sayin.

It don't affect me in any way but I can guarantee you that the vast majority of MLB players would not be laughing in that situation. It just struck me as weird. I had no bets on the game and my "team" is the Braves. I would not want Fielder playing for the Braves after seeing that.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

I get it but we all joke around at work at some point or another, right? It just so happens that their work is watched by millions.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    I don't know if you realize this or not, but you just categorized yourself as a talentless hamburger. Just sayin.

It don't affect me in any way but I can guarantee you that the vast majority of MLB players would not be laughing in that situation. It just struck me as weird. I had no bets on the game and my "team" is the Braves. I would not want Fielder playing for the Braves after seeing that.
    If you don't want fielder on your team you must not like your team. He is an assett to any team and I haven't heard people say anything bad about him.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

***** got paid, why should he care?

It's the same thinking people have that "teams" will be losing to get "Luck" when most of the players are playing for themselves/contracts/money. Why would they want someone to come in and take their possible money or lose their job.

If a player had choice of $100 million no rings and 100k and 5 rings, what do you think they'd pick?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I see where the OP is coming from... but let's put it this way... how many times are players cracking jokes off camera? I'm sure it's more times than we think... it's just unfortunate that Fielder was doing it on camera.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    Its a game, try to keep that in mind.

You shouldn't care that much, sure it hurts a bit if your a fan of the team, but if its really affecting you then somethings wrong.
    I disagree.....this is their job and they are getting paid a heck of a lot to do this job.....and at this point in the season that is unacceptable

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Yeah, how dare he laugh and enjoy himself with his friends? The series isn't over, and he did his best defensively and in all his at bats. What more do you want from the guy?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I'm not the guy telling another guy how he should be acting in a situation I'll never be in

I can also promise you that your favorite hardest playing brave could give a fuk if you want him to be a brave. If you think otherwise you have to be under 20.
    Last edited by InTheDrink; 10-12-11 at 11:25 PM.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

so what..

donkson
    donkson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1797

As shocking as it might seem not everyone does everything the exact same way.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fielder does not care

Those personality types are ones you do not want on your team

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Was Fielder batting?

I didnt watch the end but if he was laughing in the dugout there was not much he could do at that stage to influence the game is there?

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

That is Fielders personality. Nothing wrong with it, why would I want a guy to get all rar rar and then to suck because he was trying to force it. Fielders personality is greatly suited for the game of baseball.

WileOut

Every other Brewer looked like they were about to throw up. Fielder was laughing hard. Yes the camera showed a shot where you could see most of the players in the dugout with 2 outs in the 9th. I don't want somebody who doesn't care if they win or not on my team. I can guarantee you that every manager in baseball would say the same thing.

A lot of the white players actually looked pale like they were getting sick over it. Winning at that stage in the season matters to most players. I can guarantee you that.
    Last edited by WileOut; 10-13-11 at 12:53 AM.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Pro athletes don't care if gamblers pay their rent. Theirs is paid regardless.

Just try not to bet on players you know will be happy win, lose, or draw.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Fixed game. And they knew it.

Cards score 4 in first inning. Then nothing rest of the game. Puh-leeeze. Gallardo is a gas can for the Cards. Then Brewers score only 3 against a struggling Carpenter. Just enough so the under and the RL doesn't hit. Has fixed written all over it.

Tomorrow it's OVER and BREWERS. I should thank Fielder for the tip.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

That's an interesting way of putting it. I could see it.

donkson
    donkson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1797

God this forum is hilarious.

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

i'd be pissed if someone on my team did that. its unprofessional. doesn't matter if he don't care they're losing and wants to joke, you just don't do it when cameras are around.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

wileout...it didnt matter if he were laughing or throwing shit around in the dugout...it really didnt make a difference one way or the other...his teammate probably made a funny and he laughed, big fukking deal....there was absolutely nothing he could have done, nor was going to get a chance to do....its not football buddy, it simply didnt matter.

gl tomorrow

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Are some of you just waking up to the fact that Fielder is a douche bag?

He's the same joker that tried to rush the dodger lockerrom to fight a pitcher after the game. When he knew there was 0% chance of seeing the guy face to face. He did nothing when the guy stood 60 feet from him on the field.

He's a fake tough guy.....artificial heart.

I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by WvGambler; 10-13-11 at 06:29 AM.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

red sox pitchers drink beer and eat fried chicken in the locker room during the game, if that's not winning nothing else is. if my money was guaranteed and winning meant nothing, which is really doesn't, i wouldn't give a flip either.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Fixed game. And they knew it. Cards score 4 in first inning. Then nothing rest of the game. Puh-leeeze. Gallardo is a gas can for the Cards. Then Brewers score only 3 against a struggling Carpenter. Just enough so the under and the RL doesn't hit. Has fixed written all over it. Tomorrow it's OVER and BREWERS. I should thank Fielder for the tip.
    yeah i was pretty pissed that i didn't hit my alt line of o7.5 when 7 of those fukkin runs were scored in 3 innings

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

What else is he suppose to do.......cry? He is only an employee, he can laugh or be sad.....Its AMERICA.....

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

No big deal........Texas and Milwaukee are the loosest teams in the MLB, and it's gotten them pretty far thus far.
    Uptight teams like the Yankees and Phillies have vanished.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

PLayers only care about that extra Postseason paycheck they get. It's like a Xmas bonus. I think they get around $25K aside from their salary.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

its funny its no big deal now but people were going apeshit over the arizona quarterback laughing.

I have never liked him, not sure why just don't. With that being said he will get a big contract next year like ryan howard and he will end up like adam dunn

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

This has been going on for years....NFL players laughing and joking after losing the AFC/NFC championship game, Lebron telling us how we will all still be miserable tomorrow and he will have his great life, etc etc etc....

Frankly I am surprised that it surprises you that Fielder was laughing and joking. These guys dont give a shit....it's way different than it was 20 years ago.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

hes just trying to figure out if he should eat at taco bell or mcdonalds after the game and when he gets that big payday he can bump up to 5 guys

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

If the Braves signed Fielder tomorrow you would be creaming in your pants w/ glee & you know it.

12 Last