iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Kings Corner (Week 5 NFL Power Rankings)

1. Packers
    (Spotted the Falcons a 14-0 lead with a banged up O-Line and still came back and won rather easily...I did see a few chinks in the armor though, and wouldn't recommend planning on them to cover 15 this week...
    )

2. Lions
    (Believe it or not, I strongly considered putting these guys in the #1 spot. If they were to play the Packers on a neutral field tomorrow, I think they would win...I still have my doubts about Stafford and think they will wish they had a power running game at some point during the season... The Niners will stay close for a while, running the ball and playing solid defense but Calvin Johnson and an Alex Smith turnover will be the difference this week...)

Patriots (I know some of you still have your doubts, the next 3 weeks should answer all the questions that remain... Can they rush the Passer vs. the Cowboys? Can they run the ball vs. the Steelers?? Can they be physical with the Giants??? As far as this week goes, the Total (55) tells you everything you need to know... Take the points...)

4. Saints (Starting to doubt this team a little bit, their defense seems a little shaky and I don't like the revolving door at RB...They were in a prime spot to fade, until I saw Tampa's injury report...
    )

5. Chargers (Until Jesus came in and rallied the troops, these guys were on their way to another under the radar win... Don't sleep on these guys...Bye Week)

6. Ravens (This team is rather easy to "handicap"...If you think Flacco will have time, they will win. With Mario Williams out, the only question is if they cover the 7.5...)

7. Cowboys
    (These guys jumped 2 spots during their bye week, they got Miles Austin back and the Bears and Eagles lost...Makes sense to me... Great test this week vs. the Patriots... I'm taking the points, the Patriots strength on defense (interior run defense) is something the Cowboys wouldn't try to attack anyways. Romo should have a very nice day and looking forward to an exciting finish. Cowboys Plus the Points)

8. Steelers
    (Just when we were ready to bury these guys, they remind us that they have Hall of Famers on both sides of the ball...They wont lose this week because the Jags are built to play in a monsoon (not a good thing)...If the Steelers try to open things up too much they could struggle, I would pass on this game...)

9. Bears
    (They played the Lions pretty tough, giving up the long run to Best killed them... They are still a very good football team... Their 3 losses this year are to the Packers, Lions, and Saints (3 of the top 4 teams on this list) and there is a ton of value in taking them this week at home vs. the Vikings... Bears -3 +105)

10. Redskins
    (One of the best defenses in football, I just question whether Rex Grossman can get through that schedule the rest of the year...They are going to have to run the ball very well to keep him healthy and effective, which shouldn't be a problem this week vs. the Paper Tiger from Philly...)

11. 49ers
    (They're good, but let's not get out of hand...Last week was their first convincing win. They needed a Ted Ginn return to pull away from Seattle, played a back and forth close game to edge out the Bengals, and the Eagles gave them the game in Philly... Now, if they beat the Lions this week, then we're gonna have to start looking at long shot Super Bowl Futures...)

12. Texans
    (Schaub is not good enough to overcome injuries to A.Johnson and M.Williams...They are a very, very average team without these 2 guys...Until Johnson returns, stay far away from this team..)

13. Bills (Most of you probably think this is still too low...but I think they are a 9 win team with an average defense at best. This team lost to the Bengals and was down 21 points to both the Pats and Raiders in the first half at home...Don't forget about this when you go to put in your "Bills +3" bets in this weekend...)

14. Falcons
    (A.Rodgers showed everyone how average Matt Ryan is last week...Luckily for him and the Falcons, Cam is coming to town...He will make a few mistakes and their defense wont be able to stop Turner, which will open things up for the passing game...This will be an easy win for the Falcons -3.5. Only a roughing the passer penalty and a late TD can ruin this cover. I like my chances...)

15. Giants
    (I said last week that these guys can beat anyone, and lose to anyone...I think losing to the Seahawks at home proves they can lose to anyone...Now to prove they can win again... They better shore up their run defense and jump on the Bills early if they want to get back on track... )

16. Eagles
    (The Paper Tiger buried me last week... They are like a bum dressed in a thousand dollar suit...More misleading than a head shot of Corbin with his best rug on...All good teams can tackle and score from the 7 yard line, two things these fukkin guys have serious issues with...The only reason I'm not all over the Skins this week is cause they are capable of scoring early and being bailed out by Rex...)

17. Buccaneers
    (Don't know about this team, they came out of nowhere last year and the book may be out... We won't find out this week because it looks like they're are without Blount and 1-2 other key players. People were looking to sneak up on the books and take them at +4 this week, looks now like it is Saints or no play...)

18. Raiders
    (They are now 3-2, and have a good shot to make it to 6-2... Yet I am still not high on this team. They are a running team in Passing League, and not to fond of their coaching on top of that... They'll be lucky to win 9 games this year and lucky to cover this week vs. the Browns...)

19. Vikings
    (They ran over the Cardinals, good luck running over Peppers, Briggs, and Urlacher...This will be the week we find out if this team is worth anything... I'm guessing they leave Chicago with doubts about who should be their QB and the Coach...Like the Under (42) as well)

20. Titans
    (Up, Down, Up, Down...One week their a contender, the next they get blown out... One week they lose one of their top players, the next their division rival loses 2 top players...They have 4 winnable games after their bye this week starting with the Texans at home on October 23rd...)

21. Bengals
    (Probably the best all around team when you look at the bottom half of the NFL. They are pretty good at everything, and have been in every game they have played so far this year. Can 3 teams from the same division make the playoffs??? )

22. Panthers
    (Same spot as last week...Nothing new to report, fun to watch, make mistakes on both offense and defense, and are almost a lock to get the back door cover... Except this week. The Falcons will take full advantage of their mistakes and pull away...)

23. Jets
    (Does this team deserve to be a Touchdown favorite over any team in the NFL??? What has this team done on offense?? Take away the blocked field goal in the Cowboys game, take away the pick-6 in the Ravens game, take away the kick return from Mcnight in the Patriots game, and what are you left with??? I don't care who is QBing for the Dolphins... you either take the points or pass on this one... )

24. Cardinals
    (Feel sorry for Arizona fans..1-4 record and this is what they get to look forward to...BYE-STEELERS-RAVENS. A month from now they will be 1-6 and probably on the bottom of this list...)

25. Chiefs
    (This team is on their way out of the gutter after a shitty start...After a dreadful 0-2 start, they played the Chargers tough, and then beat the Vikings and made a huge comeback vs. the Colts and won. D.Bowe is a factor again and teams can no longer count these guys as an automatic W... Bye Week)

26. Seahawks
    (Is this ranking too low? Were we all wrong about these guys?? They hung close to the Niners on the road until a punt return put them away, lost to the Falcons by 2, and got shutout by a pretty good Steelers defense. These are their 3 losses... Can you believe that they could get to .500 with a win over the Browns after this bye week???)

27. Broncos
    (TEBOW!TEBOW!TEBOW! these guys are fukkin toast... Bye Week)

28. Dolphins
    (Henne is out for the year, this might not be bad news.. I still like the core of this team, and wouldn't be surprised at all to see them win straight up this week... Ill take the points just in case)

29. Colts (Their defensive line is playing well and Painter is at least smart, they are gonna cover this week...Colts +7)

30. Browns
    (The 2 teams the Browns have beat this year have a combined ZERO wins this year, They are Touchdown Dogs to the Running Raiders this week, that should tell you about all you need to know...)

31. Jaguars
    (They believe in running the ball and playing a bend-but-dont-break defense Oh yeah, they play the Steelers this week, don't think that game plan is gonna do it...)

32. Rams
    (They didn't move up the list during their bye week, but they can rush the passer a little bit and move around in the secondary... I think they cover this week... Bradford is smart enough to diagnose blitzes and hit people on quick slants and hot routes. Their not gonna win, but covering +15 is a possibility...
    )
    Points Awarded:

Full Time Hobo gave iifold 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Good write up.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Bears #9...lol They probably lose to the Vikings at home.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Bears #9...lol They probably lose to the Vikings at home.

The King buries posters left and right on this forum...

Not my best work this week, but good enough to stay in the game...