VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

GOP Debate Tonight

How many will be tuning in tonight?? I believe it starts at 8 ET and we should see some more fireworks, especially with Romney leading the polls that were released today. I think it's going to be Romney vs. The Field, as they try to get Mitt to trip up and make a mistake (like flip flopping on an issue).

I'm very interested in politics, but not looking to get into a debate via SBR Players Talk. Just curious who will be watching.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

american politics= wwe

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

does not matter, all these are just a waste of time, we should all be voting for anybody but a DEMOCRAT

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I disagree that these are a waste of time. For the average American voter, they don't know where all the candidates stand on every issue. These debates give the general viewing public a good chance to hear most everyone's opinion on the issues. Granted, it can be chaos at some points...but everyone still gets to speak.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

It's gonna be a race fest tonight.

Candidate Perry - You're a racist because there was a rock in your state that was covered up 30 years ago with the name of a tobacco company that looks like a racial slur!

Herman Cain- You're a sellout to your black race because you succeeded on your own through school and work and are making it really hard for Al Sharpton and his crew to keep playing victim today and getting rich off of that.

Mitt Romney- You can't be president because a guy in Dallas said you're cult is worse than his cult

Meanwhile no moderator will talk about policy questions because that's too boring for their ratings.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

I will vote for the biggest Christian

They are all obviously bigger Christians than Obama except for Romney

If it's Obama vs Romney I will have to do more research

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    I will vote for the biggest Christian

They are all obviously bigger Christians than Obama except for Romney

If it's Obama vs Romney I will have to do more research
    Haha.

Biggest Christian gotta be Perry. Guy filled up a stadium with people to pray America better, cuz thats an effective use of time and resources.

More on topic ill probably tune in for a bit until they start babbling about the sanctity of marriage and how much god loves fetuses then roll my eyes and put the baseball game back on.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Gov. Chris Christie is endorsing Mitt.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Can we see where Obama stands on some issues?
    I think I'm still confused on a lot of his things. Maybe it's just me

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    does not matter, all these are just a waste of time, we should all be voting for anybody but a DEMOCRAT
    And that's why you are idiot, anybody that votes on party lines is a dumptruck.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't take any of the GOP candidates seriously because of their moral agenda. The fact that a mormon has a chance to become the president should scare everyone. Forget the economy, we need to rid the country of gays, pot smokers, prostitutes, gamblers, minorities, non-believers, sluts that have abortions, and science.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

What a shame their isnt a gun big enough

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Just about everyone in the republican field disgusts me, besides Gary Johnson, and Jon Huntsman. Neither of them will win, because they are not socially conservative enough, no point into watching. At this point I am voting for Obama over any of those whack jobs.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Just about everyone in the republican field disgusts me, besides Gary Johnson, and Jon Huntsman. Neither of them will win, because they are not socially conservative enough, no point into watching. At this point I am voting for Obama over any of those whack jobs.
    So your going to vote for a proven liar? This is why I don't understand the american public.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

OBAMA HATES BLACK PEOPLE! Since he's been in office black unemployment has risen more than double that of other races, prison population increasing, black household net worth is at record lows and millions upon millions of blacks and black children have slipped into poverty...and he pulled a nice prank on them that at the same time record numbers of blacks are applying for food stamps his administration saw too it that those programs were cut in favor of giving the $$ elsewhere, i.e. Solyndra and more wars.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    Can't take any of the GOP candidates seriously because of their moral agenda. The fact that a mormon has a chance to become the president should scare everyone. Forget the economy, we need to rid the country of gays, pot smokers, prostitutes, gamblers, minorities, non-believers, sluts that have abortions, and science.
    Add anyone who drinks alcohol as well!

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post

So your going to vote for a proven liar? This is why I don't understand the american public.

Dude, they are all liars.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I think that a person's religion should have nothing to do with whether or not you vote for them. Obama claims to be a Christian, but we all know he is an Islamic sympathizer at best, yet people voted for him despite all of that. If you are a serious voter (and there are not many of those in here), then you should watch the debate, and try to find a candidate who seems to voice your likes. I think that Cain will come under a lot of scrutany tonite, especially on his tax plan. Romney will be a target, but that can backfire. If he is the target of everyone else, and he fares well, the others will suffer. Chrisite's endorsement of Romney was part of a deal he made with GOP heavyweight Meg Whitman in California. If the GOP fails to win the White House in 2012, Christie gets a ton of support from California Republicans in 2016.

OmgUrMom

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Dude, they are all liars.
    Yes i realize that. The only one that I've found that appears to be honest is Ron Paul, although if you have any proof/data to the contrary on him Id be happy to see it.

How much change he could actually make as president is up for debate, however unlike pretty much every other candidate I do believe he will do what he believes to be the best thing for america. Which puts him ahead of basically everyone else I believe.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post

Um, he did exactly what he said he was go to do.

I voted for McCain 2008, but the people the GOP have up are just so far to the right I think Obama is going to cruise to re-election.

Seriously Perry? If they nominate that jackass. But who knows the American public likes durs, every day durs, they elected George Bush twice.

Lost all respect for all the members of the GOP, on two occasions. One, when they said they would allow a young man to die who didn't have insurance and couldn't afford treatment. And two when audience members booo'd a gay solider, and none of the GOP members spoke up at the debate.

Obviously I had a lot of prejudgments before those two events, but not now.

Rick Santorum is anther guy, that is just is the image of stereotypical republican.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGo-B39Fhw

I love how chris wallace pwns him here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1002244.html

its so true though, the republicans are recyling all the same arguments.
    The same republicans said the same shit years ago, when they didn't want whites to marry blacks. Not along the same arguments, or phrases, I am talking about word for word exact phrases and sentences.

I can do this for every candidate I can support i Gary Johnson, and Huntsman to a lesser extent. The only other GOP member I would even consider remotely voting for is Rommney. And he is losing my support faster and faster each day. If he was more moderate like he was 20 years ago I would vote for him no doubt. The problem is the election process, the candidness have to run so far to the right (or left in the dems case), that it just turns off a lot of people. Because only the most extreme members vote in the respected primary.

OmgUrMom

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Um, he did exactly what he said he was go to do.

I voted for McCain 2008, but the people the GOP have up are just so far to the right I think Obama is going to cruise to re-election.

Seriously Perry? If they nominate that jackass. But who knows the American public likes durs, every day durs, they elected George Bush twice.

Lost all respect for all the members of the GOP, on two occasions. One, when they said they would allow a young man to die who didn't have insurance and couldn't afford treatment. And two when audience members booo'd a gay solider, and none of the GOP members spoke up at the debate.

Obviously I had a lot of prejudgments before those two events, but not now.

Rick Santorum is anther guy, that is just is the image of stereotypical republican.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGo-B39Fhw

I love how chris wallace pwns him here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1002244.html

its so true though, the republicans are recyling all the same arguments.
    The same republicans said the same shit years ago, when they didn't want whites to marry blacks. Not along the same arguments, or phrases, I am talking about word for word exact phrases and sentences.

I can do this for every candidate I can support i Gary Johnson, and Huntsman to a lesser extent. The only other GOP member I would even consider remotely voting for is Rommney. And he is losing my support faster and faster each day. If he was more moderate like he was 20 years ago I would vote for him no doubt. The problem is the election process, the candidness have to run so far to the right (or left in the dems case), that it just turns off a lot of people. Because only the most extreme members vote in the respected primary.
    can you actually be serious? we still have 50,000 or so troops in iraq i believe....

OmgUrMom

I dont see how you can classify that as bringing the troops home and ending the war as soon as he was elected president. please explain your logic if you have any.....

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Guantanamo Bay closed? Fail

Warrantless Wiretapping ended? Fail

Spend a TRILLION dollars to keep unemployment below 8%? Fail

End Iraq and Afghanistan wars? Fail (units are getting orders for 2013 rotation already)

Cut deficit in HALF by 2012? Fail It's gone UP

and so on and so on....but nevermind let's not vote based on Obama's record, let's just talk about religion and race and abortion like we have for the last 30 years that never seems to matter once in office.
    Points Awarded:

eidolon gave itchypickle 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: OmgUrMom

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Romney just got nailed earlier today. Some of his advisers helped the White House draft Obamacare.

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

Obama; a much better job than any rethug could do considering how bad bush screwed up; On Taxes:
    1. Extend Require economic justification for tax changes
    2. Child tax credits and marriage-penalty fixes
    3. Extend the Bush tax cuts for lower incomes
    4. Extend and index the 2007 Alternative Minimum Tax patch
    Small Businesses Policy:
    1. Create an Advanced Manufacturing Fund to invest in peer-reviewed manufacturing
    processes
    2. Expand loan programs for small businesses
    3. Raise the small business investment expensing limit to $250,000 through the
    end of 2009
    On Civil Rights/Social Policy:
    1. Increase minority access to capital
    2. Implement "Women Owned Business" contracting program
    3. Reinstate executive order to hire an additional 100,000 federal employees with
    disabilities within five years.
    4. Grant Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send money to Cuba
    5. Promote cultural diplomacy
    6. Appoint an American Indian policy adviser
    7. Work to overturn Ledbetter vs. Goodyear
    8. Increase the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental
    health professionals
    9. Appoint a special adviser to the president on violence against women
    10. Fully fund the Violence Against Women Act
    For the Poor:
    1. Expand the Nurse-Family Partnership to all low-income, first-time mothers
    2. Give tax credits to those who need help to pay health premiums
    3. Expand eligibility for Medicaid
    4. Provide affordable, high-quality child care
    5. Expand Pell grants for low-income students
    6. Establish 'Promise Neighborhoods' for areas of concentrated poverty
    7. Extend unemployment insurance benefits and temporarily suspend taxes on
    these benefits
    Technology/Internet:
    1. Change standards for determining broadband access
    2. Support network neutrality on the Internet
    3. Appoint the nation's first Chief Technology Officer
    Consumer Protection:
    1. Establish a CC bill of rights
    2. Create new financial regulations
    3. Create new criminal penalties for mortgage fraud
    4. Health Policy
    5. Reverse restrictions on stem cell research
    6. Close the "doughnut hole" in Medicare prescription drug plan
    7. Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions
    8. Expand the Senior Corps volunteer program
    9. Require large employers to contribute to a national health plan
    10. Require children to have health insurance coverage
    11. Expand eligibility for State Children's Health Insurance Fund (SCHIP)
    12. Require health plans to disclose how much of the premium goes to patient care
    13. Establish an independent health institute to provide accurate and objective
    information
    14. In non-competitive markets, force insurers to pay out a reasonable share of
    their premiums for patient care
    15. Eliminate the higher subsidies to Medicare Advantage plans
    16. Expand funding to train primary care providers and public health practitioners
    17. Increase funding to expand community based prevention programs
    18. Sign a "universal" health care bill
    Veterans Affairs:
    1. Fully fund the Veterans Administration
    2. Assure that the Veterans Administration budget is prepared as 'must-pass'
    legislation
    3. Expand the Veterans Administration's number of "centers of excellence" in
    specialty care
    4. Create a military families advisory board
    As Commander in Chief:
    1. Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq
    2. Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq
    3. No permanent bases in Iraq
    4. Send two additional brigades to Afghanistan
    5. Strengthen and expand military exchange programs with other countries
    6. Make greater investment in advanced military air technology
    7. End the abuse of supplemental budgets for war
    National Security and International Affairs:
    1. Bolster the military's ability to speak different languages
    2. Make U.S. military aid to Pakistan conditional on anti-terror efforts
    3. Open "America Houses" in Islamic cities around the globe
    4. Give a speech at a major Islamic forum in the first 100 days of his administration
    5. Allocate Homeland Security funding according to risk
    6. Create a real National Infrastructure Protection Plan
    7. Increase funding for local emergency planning
    8. Stop the development of new nuclear weapons
    9. Seek verifiable reductions in nuclear stockpiles
    10. Extend monitoring and verification provisions of the START I Treaty
    11. Stand down nuclear forces to be reduced under the Moscow Treaty
    12. Organize successful Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) Review Conference in 2010
    13. Appoint a White House Coordinator for Nuclear Security
    14. Initiate a grant and training program for law enforcement to deter cyber crime
    15. Improve relations with Turkey, and its relations with Iraqi Kurds
    16. Launch an international Add Value to Agriculture Initiative (AVTA)
    17. Create a rapid response fund for emerging democracies
    18. Restore funding for the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (Byrne/JAG) program
    Energy Policy:
    1. Establish an Energy Partnership for the Americas
    2. Encourage farmers to use more renewable energy and be more energy efficient
    3. Require 10 percent renewable energy by 2012
    4. Release oil from Strategic Petroleum Reserve
    5. Raise fuel economy standards
    6. Invest in all types of alternative energy
    7. Enact tax credit for consumers for plug-in hybrid cars
    8. Ask people and businesses to conserve electricity
    9. Require more energy-efficient appliances
    10. Create a 'Green Vet Initiative' to promote environmental jobs for veterans
    11. Create job training programs for clean technologies
    12. Require states to provide incentives for utilities to reduce energy consumption
    13. Support high-speed rail
    14. Support airline service in small towns
    15. Invest in public transportation
    16. Equalize tax breaks for driving and public transit
    17. Consider "smart growth" in transportation funding
    18. Will seek more accommodations of bicycles and pedestrians
    19. Help states and localities address sprawl
    20. Share enviromental technology with other countries
    21. Double federal spending for research on clean fuels
    22. Provide grants to encourage energy-efficient building codes
    23. Increase funding for the Environmental Protection Agency
    Transparency and Personal Promises:
    1. Release presidential records
    2. Require new hires to sign a form affirming their hiring was not due to political
    affiliation or contributions.
    3. Ban lobbyist gifts to executive employees
    4. Create a national declassification center
    5. Get his daughters a puppy
    6. Appoint at least one Republican to the cabinet
    Education:
    1. Recruit math and science degree graduates to the teaching profession
    2. Create an artist corps for schools
    3. Increase funding for land-grant colleges
    4. Champion the importance of arts education
    5. Support increased funding for the NEA
    6. Reduce subsidies to private student lenders and protect student borrowers
    7. Provide grants to early-career researchers
    8. Environment
    9. Encourage water-conservation efforts in the West
    10. Increase funding for national parks and forests
    11. Increase funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund
    12. Create a community college partnership program
    13. Pursue a wildfire management plan
    14. Remove more brush, small trees and vegetation that fuel wildfires
    15. More controlled burns to reduce wildfires
    16. Expand access to places to hunt and fish
    LGBT Issues:
    1. Push for enactment of Matthew Shepard Act, which expands hate crime law to
    include sexual orientation and other factors
    2. Repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy
    Urban Policy:
    1. Restore funding to the EEOC and the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of
    Federal Contract Compliance Programs
    2. Reform mandatory minimum sentences
    3. Create a White House Office on Urban Policy
    4. Fully fund the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
    5. Establish program to convert manufacturing centers into clean technology leaders
    6. Establish special crime programs for the New Orleans area
    6. Rebuild schools in New Orleans
    7. Fund a major expansion of AmeriCorps
    8. Create a Social Investment Fund Network
    NASA:
    1. Add another Space Shuttle flight
    2. Use the private sector to improve spaceflight
    3. Work with international allies on space station
    4. Partner to enhance the potential of the International Space Station
    5. Use the International Space Station for fundamental biological and physical
    research
    6. Explore whether International Space Station can operate after 2016
    7. Conduct robust research and development on future space missions
    8. Increase spending to prepare for longer space missions
    9. Work toward deploying a global climate change research and monitoring system
    Science and Technology:
    1. Enhance earth mapping
    2. Appoint an assistant to the president for science and technology policy
    3. Support commercial access to space
    4. Establish school programs to highlight space and science achievements
    Regarding Bin Laden:
    We will kill bin Laden
    Regarding jobs and the Stimulus Plan:
    I believe it’s also important to use “facts” to refute the myth that the stimulus was a failure and didn’t help the economy. In addition to providing apprx. 300 billion in middle-class tax cuts and another 300 to struggling states, it did this according to the CBO:
    ..."CBO estimates that ARRA’s policies had the following effects in the first quarter of calendar year 2011:

1. They raised real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product by between 1.1 percent and 3.1 percent,
    2. Lowered the unemployment rate by between 0.6 percentage points and 1.8 percentage points,
    3. Increased the number of people employed by between 1.2 million and 3.3 million, and
    4. increased the number of full-time-equivalent (FTE) jobs by 1.6 million to 4.6 million compared with what would have occurred otherwise. (Increases in FTE jobs include shifts from part-time to full-time work or overtime and are thus generally larger than increases in the number of employed workers).”
    My point is that this president is delivering on his promises, fighting hard for the middle-class and advancing his progressive agenda. Many of them were passed without fanfare because they were attached to other pieces of legislation. I applaud this president for slowly moving this country in the progressive direction and believe it is totally unfair for anyone to suggest he’s not delivering on his promises.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

perry is underrated.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Is golfrulz really Tim Geitner? I will tune in to see how Ron Paul & Herman Cain are doing. These lifetime politicians/ lawyers have fukked things up enough and have no clue on what reality is.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Guantanamo Bay closed? Fail

Warrantless Wiretapping ended? Fail

Spend a TRILLION dollars to keep unemployment below 8%? Fail

End Iraq and Afghanistan wars? Fail (units are getting orders for 2013 rotation already)

Cut deficit in HALF by 2012? Fail It's gone UP

and so on and so on....but nevermind let's not vote based on Obama's record, let's just talk about religion and race and abortion like we have for the last 30 years that never seems to matter once in office.
    ^^^Absolutely.

It is real simple. You vote for Ron Paul and other Libertarians like him in your local, district and state elections. You get some freedoms back. You get soldiers back home from fighting shadows in 3rd world countries. You get your taxes lowered. You get government and its spending cut.

Or you can vote for Obama or another RINO and the standard D and R attorneys who are littered across the ballot and keep thinking that doing the same thing over and over will eventually lead to a different result.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Dumb people have more kids than smart people...

This is why you'll never see a conservative President again...

Good Luck Idiots

neverstoppers23

Obama saying he would keep unemployment under 8 percent was stupid I admit that. He should of never promised wide ranging things. But people act like these bank bail outs and stimulus is some abstract event. These 'bailoits' in TARP, saved the United States from even further collapse. IF anything the United States waited to long. Any actually the united states is making a lot of money now, that all these banks are paying us back plus interest.
    I could go on and on in more detail about this issue, but it wouldn't matter. You got whatever info you want from the bible glenn beck.

The Stimilus funds, did not work entirely right. A lot went to the states, and the states did not spend it right away, they saved it for further expenses. It has created jobs, it has helped the economy, but obviously it was not big enough. Even 3 years ago, after these stimilus funds went through, economist were saying its going to take 5+ years for the unemployment rate to get back to under 7 percent i think the said. Obama over promoised on this.

As for the Gitmo situation, well Obama did EVERYTHING in this power to close it. Congress made it logistically impossible for him to do that.

I can't believe i am defending Obama, but I just hate it when people can't look past the party name. Any actually look logically at things. This is not a sporting event, we are supposed to be trying to elect the best individual to office, not just cheer on our favorite political party hoping they will go rar rar.

I am just tired of all this political bull shit in this country, and online just drove it up 1000 percent.

Rick Perry, and Santorum, are terrible for the GOP party. If they go their wrote, either for VP or P, the party is doomed. They will be extinct in a few decades, this country is getting progressivly more progressive and liberal. Esp. on social issues, just look on the issue of serving 'openly' gay in the military numbers, and Gay Marriage, now i believe the number is 52 percent or around that, who support gay marriage in this country. Yet the republicans are pushing an amendment to the us constitution to ban gay marriage out right, like DOMA doesn't do that already. Even though soon DOMA will be ruled illegal.

DrStale

Doesnt seem to be on tv anywhere, no wonder people are so apathetic about politics in this country.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Doesnt seem to be on tv anywhere, no wonder people are so apathetic about politics in this country.

It's on Bloomberg Financial ...I'm not watching it but if you're looking that's where it's at. I'll catch the highlights later and save a few hours of rehearsed lines.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post

It's on Bloomberg Financial ...I'm not watching it but if you're looking that's where it's at. I'll catch the highlights later and save a few hours of rehearsed lines.
    Ahh dont have the channel, found it on their website tho. Passing it along in case anyone else interested in watching online.

http://www.bloomberg.com/tv/

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

What is it with this Cristy fellow? What's so big about him besides his belly?

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

love it

12 Last