SBRPicks
    SBRPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday Night Football Week 5 SBRtv Experts' Roundtable Analysis: Chi/Detroit

The SBRtv NFL Experts' Roundtable takes a look at the Monday Night Football Chicago/Detroit showdown.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Geez... subtitles next time maybe?

bizzytime
    bizzytime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

I agree, Detriot at home after two big comeback wins, I think they settle down, finally have a lead to work with and never look back

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Great video but I'm going to have to disagree here, against most teams with shakey offensive line, yes the blitz works to flush out the QB. BUT this is the bears, and I think you guys are not understanding that Matt Forte is leading the Bears team in reception and in rushing. When Detroit blitz, all Cutler has to do is check down on Forte, and on one blitz, one mistake by the linebacker, Forte can rush to the endzone especially when they blitz with corners.. I think Forte is keyhere and Lions DO NOT match up well against Forte at all, especially when we're expecting a lot of heavy blitz packages.. And the difference also is, in previous games, Lions had to comeback against AWEFUL running teams.. They came back against Cowboys because they can't run the ball. They came back against the Vikings because Mcnabb cant' get a first down even if his life depends on it.. Thus far I think this will be a big challenge against this bears team with check down to Forte, and Bears can really kill the clock.. I think Bears win this straight up.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Great video but I'm going to have to disagree here, against most teams with shakey offensive line, yes the blitz works to flush out the QB. BUT this is the bears, and I think you guys are not understanding that Matt Forte is leading the Bears team in reception and in rushing. When Detroit blitz, all Cutler has to do is check down on Forte, and on one blitz, one mistake by the linebacker, Forte can rush to the endzone especially when they blitz with corners.. I think Forte is keyhere and Lions DO NOT match up well against Forte at all, especially when we're expecting a lot of heavy blitz packages.. And the difference also is, in previous games, Lions had to comeback against AWEFUL running teams.. They came back against Cowboys because they can't run the ball. They came back against the Vikings because Mcnabb cant' get a first down even if his life depends on it.. Thus far I think this will be a big challenge against this bears team with check down to Forte, and Bears can really kill the clock.. I think Bears win this straight up.
    I'm sure the Lions will just be figuring out how to deal with Forte on the fly, with absolutely no gameplan for containing the Bears best offensive player...

Totally disagree with you on Forte being the key. If the Bears win this game, other players are going to have to step up here. The Lions are going to be dialed in on Forte from the start because they know that as long as they keep pressure on Cutler and don't let Forte get out of control, Chicago will have a really hard time winning this game. The key to Chicago winning is protecting Cutler. If he's getting hit a lot early, it's going to be a long day for Chicago. Presumably the Bears defense will its part, but I suspect the bears are still going to need 17-21 points to cover.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-07-11 at 07:00 PM.

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I'm sure the Lions will just be figuring out how to deal with Forte on the fly, with absolutely no gameplan for containing the Bears best offensive player...

Totally disagree with you on Forte being the key. If the Bears win this game, other players are going to have to step up here. The Lions are going to be dialed in on Forte from the start because they know that as long as they keep pressure on Cutler and don't let Forte get out of control, Chicago will have a really hard time winning this game. The key to Chicago winning is protecting Cutler. If he's getting hit a lot early, it's going to be a long day for Chicago. Presumably the Bears defense will its part, but I suspect the bears are still going to need 17-21 points to cover.

If that's the case then the lions won't be blitzing.. You can't blitz and contain a catching running back.. The proper way to play the Bears is not to blitz and let cutler beat you on the throw and contain forte.. People talk about how weak the bears offensive line is and it is and that's going to make you blitz but you have to know that when you blitz at the wrong time and you have a rb that catches, you have the whole field wide open..

If you blitz hard and a lot, I say Bears will win, if they play contain like you said, then Detroit wins.

I'm not saying anything about lions putting presure on cutler. Lions need to get to cutler with their line, without havign to blitz a lot, that's their key to dominating the bears, if they are expecting to get to cutler with only blitz then they are going to be in trouble
    Last edited by Monitor-Tan; 10-07-11 at 07:22 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

If that's the case then the lions won't be blitzing.. You can't blitz and contain a catching running back.. The proper way to play the Bears is not to blitz and let cutler beat you on the throw and contain forte.. People talk about how weak the bears offensive line is and it is and that's going to make you blitz but you have to know that when you blitz at the wrong time and you have a rb that catches, you have the whole field wide open..

If you blitz hard and a lot, I say Bears will win, if they play contain like you said, then Detroit wins.
    That pretty much sums up this matchup. If Detroit learned anything in the last 2 weeks then hopefully it's to contain the big plays in the first half. This will be the first real test to see how much the Lions have grown this season: Stepping up against a tough opponent.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

da bearssssss

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

I have to go with the Bears in this one..

Ask Whole
    Ask Whole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well i thought i liked the lions at -5.5 and lions spread first half. but after you guys posts maybe bears moneyline at +200 sounds nice.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I think the Lions win easily tonight

JAFO
    JAFO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1683

Chi Bears ML

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Lions now -6.5 -113, pretty big move in their favor recently

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    Lions now -6.5 -113, pretty big move in their favor recently

Not really surprising Carpe with money coming in on the Lions who were only laying 5.5.. Easy for the public money to start pounding on the Lions money.. We're going to have to see how the line and money moves as we near tip off I think to see if the big move was from both the sharps and the public.. Or if the sharps were waiting for the public to pound on it to drive that line up.. I wouldn't be surprised if the line hits 7.5

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Not really surprising Carpe with money coming in on the Lions who were only laying 5.5.. Easy for the public money to start pounding on the Lions money.. We're going to have to see how the line and money moves as we near tip off I think to see if the big move was from both the sharps and the public.. Or if the sharps were waiting for the public to pound on it to drive that line up.. I wouldn't be surprised if the line hits 7.5

yeah i was personally pretty surprised the line went down a bit early in the week

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by SBRtv View Post
    The SBRtv NFL Experts' Roundtable takes a look at the Monday Night Football Chicago/Detroit showdown.

I be one guy does not have a car newer than a 2004

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

lol

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

how about the bears tt over 20.5