BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Flawed logic in movie Rounders storyline,why didn't Worm just blow town?

It wasn't like Worm had a family,a house or a job in NYC that he was anchored to.Oh.maybe he had to see a probation officer since he just got out of jail but that was never brought up in the movie.Why the hell didn't he just blow town and move to the northern hinterlands of some state a few states away?Grandma or KGB wouldn't have followed him.Hard core gangster and ghetto people absolutely hate being out of their element where they might see a bear,wolf or a moose.In Duluth,Minnesota the generous welfare benefits lure in Obama's people from Chicago and there are crips and bloods problems even.5 miles outside of town you have forest and lakes areas and you will never have the inner city people venture there to stick up bars and gas stations like they do in town.Maybe they are scared shi%less that the people outside of town aren't bleeding heart liberals and do own guns?No kidding,an animal as small as a racoon when provoked can kill a guy like Mike Tyson and it scares the beejesus out of inner city people to be amongst that stuff.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 10-06-11 at 06:59 AM.

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Would've ruined the movie if he did.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

Because he wanted to play high-limit Hold'Em at the Taj - where the sand turns to gold!

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

He didn't think grammar could do anything to him and than he foung kgb backed him. Even when him and mike went to see grammar he still didn't take grammar seriously but after mike vouched he knew mike couldn't leave so he would stay too. But he ends up skipping town. Maybe we find out why in rounders 2.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flawed movie logic.

How did Sonny Corleone miss that toll booth set up?

Crude, you may be clinically insane. Serioulsy. Has anyone ever told you that? You are actually questioning the "logic" set forth in a MOVIE. M-O-V-I-E. That doesn't strike you as a little "off"?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

he did "blow town" at the end when he had no other options left. fuckin fraud of a movie anyways.

The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

brentcrude is the friedrich nietszche of sbr. we are unworthy and should thank the lord for every single gem he posts.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

he didn't come back, only mike did... dumb thread...

Worm: You know what always cheers me up?

Mike McDermott: No, what's that?

Worm: Rolled up aces over kings. Check-raising stupid tourists and taking huge pots off of them. Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Taj, "where the sand turns to gold." Stacks and towers of checks I can't even see over.
    Mike McDermott: **** it, let's go.

Worm: Don't tease me.

Mike McDermott: Let's play some cards.

Worm: Yes!

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't like the movie myself.

#1 I couldn't get past the worst writing of the movie....the Oreo Cookie tell

give me a break!

#2 The many secondary actors/characters made the movie worth watching. The two main characters that were in almost all the scenes might have been more appealing if both were shot in the head and tossed in a dumpster before the movie ended. Maybe one halfway thru the movie and one at the end.

There are many other movies that have had major flaws but I still really like them (Silence of the Lambs for one), because I realize I'm watching a movie and want to separate myself from reality to enjoy it.