CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

Monkey versus Chub (redirected from HTT)

Oh BTW its REIN not REIGN but then again you probably dont want to see that you could be wrong on anything.

CHUBNUT

Quote Originally Posted by That Foreign Guy View Post
    Really? You don't think beating the closing line is important?

I think we've discussed this in the past, but I would like to propose a wager for whatever the nice people at the Sunshine Home for Special Kids give you in pocket money each week that if you give me a point on the closing line I can flat bet every NFL game remaining this season at -110 and show a profit.
    I believe the majority of experienced people on here use their models for want of a better word systematically to help arrive at an informed opinion but for whatever reason whenever someone asks for advice on such matters the models become systems in themselves. Everyone uses some sort of model to structure their workings but when that stands alone it becomes a system and systems do not work. As for the beating the closing line debate nobody said that its untrue, of course its a fact, but its a fact that cannot be incorporated into ones betting procedures. I feel people mix this up with the obvious and essential process in betting of achieving the best possible position on ones investment at all times, there is a difference.

no matter what your disagreements with me are please dont use unfortunate children as a metaphor.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by CHUBNUT View Post
    Forums are for discussion of varied opinions, if you only want to hear yours why dont you sit in a corner and talk to yourself.
    This is a subforum founded purely to discuss the mathematics of gambling. You offer nothing but naysaying and conjecture. In other words, there is a place for your kind. It's called Player's Talk.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Oh BTW its REIN not REIGN but then again you probably dont want to see that you could be wrong on anything.
    Oh, boy. You got me good. Spell-checker police FTW.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

I believe the majority of experienced people on here use their models for want of a better word systematically to help arrive at an informed opinion but for whatever reason whenever someone asks for advice on such matters the models become systems in themselves. Everyone uses some sort of model to structure their workings but when that stands alone it becomes a system and systems do not work. As for the beating the closing line debate nobody said that its untrue, of course its a fact, but its a fact that cannot be incorporated into ones betting procedures. I feel people mix this up with the obvious and essential process in betting of achieving the best possible position on ones investment at all times, there is a difference.

no matter what your disagreements with me are please dont use unfortunate children as a metaphor.
    LOL. Ignorance followed by backtracking.

Great to have you here, CHUBNUT.

CHUBNUT

You offer nothing but naysaying and conjecture. In other words, there is a place for your kind. It's called Player's Talk.

Great to have you here, CHUBNUT.

Farcical stuff you have no concern for the parameters of these forums just a dislike for anyone who disagrees with your perceived superior opinions. I personally dont care what you and other statheads here believe and I'm more than happy for you to massage each others ego's, its your money and you can lose it any way you wish. When those beliefs are given to inquiring inexperienced posters as if they are written in stone I feel someone needs to post an alternative view but of course thats precisely what your railing against.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Farcical stuff you have no concern for the parameters of these forums just a dislike for anyone who disagrees with your perceived superior opinions. I personally dont care what you and other statheads here believe and I'm more than happy for you to massage each others ego's, its your money and you can lose it any way you wish. When those beliefs are given to inquiring inexperienced posters as if they are written in stone I feel someone needs to post an alternative view but of course thats precisely what your railing against.
    Oops. Looks like we're even on the grammar policing scoreboard.

By all means, keep "looking out" for other posters. I wish everyone took the same approach as you do to sports betting. I really don't dislike you. I enjoy a good laugh.