Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon vs California Thursday Night ESPN

Oregon is -24 right now at 5 dimes. What do you think about this matchup?

Hitchens
    Hitchens's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went to a PAC 10 school and have always followed theconference closely. Cal is not terrible but Oregon at home is murder. If anything, I would lean to the over. Tough game to cap IMO.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
    I went to a PAC 10 school and have always followed theconference closely. Cal is not terrible but Oregon at home is murder. If anything, I would lean to the over. Tough game to cap IMO.

why do you think this is a tough game to cap?? Oregon routinely wins these home games by 30+ points. Cal is a terrible road team

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I like the +24 points Cal is getting. Who is Oregon to be favored by 3.5 TD's?

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon vs California- Oregon -24*** OV 62.5**
    Oregon is 7-1 ATS in October over the last 3years. California is 1-6 ATS over the last 3 years in all games played on Turf. Both teams have gone over in 3 of 4 games,
    PF/PA (points for/against) Oregon = 52/24.5 while Cal = 39.5/24.3
    Coming off a week’s rest look for both teams to score points, Oregon is at home so they will likely show out, after their loss to LSU Oregon’s closest game has been Arizona whom they beat by 25. I think this one will end similarly, I say Oregon -24 is a solid 3star pick, while the Over SHOULD BE a lock but due to history tending to repeat itself Im only giving it 2stars.
    5 of 5 of the games @ oregon, since 92 have gone UNDER the total
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width:100.0%;mso-cellspacing:0in;mso-yfti-tbllook:1184;mso-padding-alt: .6pt .6pt .6pt .6pt" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr style="mso-yfti-irow:0;mso-yfti-firstrow:yes"><td style="padding:.6pt .6pt .6pt .6pt">
    </td></tr><tr style="mso-yfti-irow:1"><td style="padding:.6pt .6pt .6pt .6pt">
    </td></tr><tr style="mso-yfti-irow:2;mso-yfti-lastrow:yes"><td style="padding:.6pt .6pt .6pt .6pt">
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Last edited by spladle08; 10-04-11 at 03:53 PM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I like the +24 points Cal is getting. Who is Oregon to be favored by 3.5 TD's?

maybe because they're 8-0 their last 8 homegames with the average margin of victory being about 40 points??

hell, even the eventual orange bowl champs Stanford last year lost by 21 in oregon

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

the good thing about Oregon covering spreads like this is they run such a fast tempo ... if they are dominating a game the score board will reflect it. They don't waste any time.

But 24 points seems like a ton for a conference game. Same with Stanford laying 29 to Colorado but will they both cover Brahambull?

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Definitely a game to tease the over.

Personally, I think the spread is pretty sharp on this. Oregon facing anyone at home means a big spread. Why? because they kick the snot out of people at home unless the visiting team is TOP tier.

Tease the line down to under 20 and it's bettable for Oregon.

bumpy24
    bumpy24's Avatar Become A Pro!

THE DUCKS IS JUST GOING TO STOMP THE BEARS...PUT YOUR MONEY ON THOSE BOYS AND YOU WELL GET SOME CASH BACK GUYS.....

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Would play the over/under before I touched a side.
    Oregon -13.5 1H could be a better play

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    maybe because they're 8-0 their last 8 homegames with the average margin of victory being about 40 points??

hell, even the eventual orange bowl champs Stanford last year lost by 21 in oregon
    They struggled last year vs Cal. They had to squeeze by a FG at the end. This game is going to be much closer than the line suggests.

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

love the over in the game

brahmabull117

They struggled last year vs Cal. They had to squeeze by a FG at the end. This game is going to be much closer than the line suggests.

that game was in california

Cal is a completely different team on the road than at home - they lost by 39 on the road to oregon in 2009 and I think you're gonna see a repeat of that this year

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    Definitely a game to tease the over. Personally, I think the spread is pretty sharp on this. Oregon facing anyone at home means a big spread. Why? because they kick the snot out of people at home unless the visiting team is TOP tier. Tease the line down to under 20 and it's bettable for Oregon.
    I agree

a tease of oregon and the over seems like a fantastic play - just need 56 total points and a 17 point win for oregon to cover and both should be automatic

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

that game was in california

Cal is a completely different team on the road than at home - they lost by 39 on the road to oregon in 2009 and I think you're gonna see a repeat of that this year
    I don't think they are that bad. I have Oregon winning by 2 TD's at the end by it will be a very close game for 3 quarters. Cal is the best team Oregon played since LSU.

brahmabull117

I don't think they are that bad. I have Oregon winning by 2 TD's at the end by it will be a very close game for 3 quarters. Cal is the best team Oregon played since LSU.

so Oregon can win by 21 points against stanford but they're gonna struggle to win by 2 TDs against Cal?? a team that had 3 losses last year by at least 21 points??

Bucky buck
    Bucky buck's Avatar Become A Pro!

imo another very good reason oregon pounds....that combined with being aware of all the faked injuries by cal last year to slow the tempo.....even though oregon won, the way i see it they have an axe to grind with cal...at home....under the lights...national television audience......oregon aint lettin up in this one...hell, for that matter, they never do....oregon rolls

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

oregon could probably win by 60 but game probably fixxed and they win by field goal

72'RoseBowlChamp
    72'RoseBowlChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

I agree, being a PAC 10 expert more than any other conference I think Oregon will cover! Chip Kelly is known for not letting up either and running up the score. Especially with the situtation Oregon is in now with a loss, they need all the points they can get for BCS purposees. I feel like they will cover but I like Boise murdering the Bulldogs better on Friday night. Im from Fresno and have been going to games since the David Carr era. Boise barley covered the Toledo spread and Bulldogs can't play with even Toledo at all. Plus the Dogs have only beatin them one time ever! I would take both spreads but would throw more $ on the Broncos. As for my favorite team and alma mater the CARD, I would stay away this week 30 points is alot for a Boulder team who has definitely improved alot since week1! I see the CARD taking this one by around 3TDS but not quit covering.

DeLaSalle98
    DeLaSalle98's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cal will get smoked. Like others have said, Oregon is on fire at home. Cal can't win on the road, and it's national TV.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

go Cal

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Pavy. You're killing me. You generally know your stuff, but Cal is NOWHERE near LSU. LSU was early in the season. Ducks had a lot of drops in that game and they still dropped 27 against LSU on a neutral field. LSU is arguably one of the best defenses in the country. The only other team to score more than seven against LSU was #16 ranked West Virginia (at West Virginia) who put up 21.

Like I said earlier, 3+ TDs is a lot to give but that line is sharp. Bet Cal + the points at your own risk. Tease the Ducks and tease the Over.

If you win it, I'll give you your props. But I'm staying away from this except on the over or a teaser.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Cal killed me last week, thought they would beat Washington... this is most likely no play for me, line already droppingggggggg

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Id rather take Middle Tenn St on Thurs

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I will take the -24 points.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Thinking about a teaser with Boise and Oregon minus the points and the Oregon over

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky buck View Post
    imo another very good reason oregon pounds....that combined with being aware of all the faked injuries by cal last year to slow the tempo.....even though oregon won, the way i see it they have an axe to grind with cal...at home....under the lights...national television audience......oregon aint lettin up in this one...hell, for that matter, they never do....oregon rolls
    i'm sure that has been a big source of motivation all week..."hey, these guys faked injuries last year against us. let's go kick their ass."

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    i'm sure that has been a big source of motivation all week..."hey, these guys faked injuries last year against us. let's go kick their ass."
    y wouldnt they fake injuries again?

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    y wouldnt they fake injuries again?
    ???...what does this have to do with what we were talking about? of course they will do it if they need to...a lot of teams do now. he was saying it like the fact that cal did it last year was gonna be a huge source of motivation for this years game. there are plenty of stats to back up a bet on oregon -whatever here...but to base it on the fact that cal faked a few injuries last year is just kind of goofy imo. hey...whatever works though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I say over

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    Pavy. You're killing me. You generally know your stuff, but Cal is NOWHERE near LSU. LSU was early in the season. Ducks had a lot of drops in that game and they still dropped 27 against LSU on a neutral field. LSU is arguably one of the best defenses in the country. The only other team to score more than seven against LSU was #16 ranked West Virginia (at West Virginia) who put up 21.

Like I said earlier, 3+ TDs is a lot to give but that line is sharp. Bet Cal + the points at your own risk. Tease the Ducks and tease the Over.

If you win it, I'll give you your props. But I'm staying away from this except on the over or a teaser.
    Cal had 12 days to prepare for this game. And they kept the Oregon offense quiet last year with their rushing defense. Clancy Pendergast will have Cal defense ready again to slow down the Oregon defense.

Bucky buck
    Bucky buck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    im sure it didnt go quite like that, but the fact that they played them close, and all the fake injuries was pretty damn shady.....it just seems to me that they might be wanting to get after them a little more....who knows, maybe im just stupid...irregardless, i still think oregon rolls

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

that game was in california Cal is a completely different team on the road than at home - they lost by 39 on the road to oregon in 2009 and I think you're gonna see a repeat of that this year
    how do we know they are a different team on the road? they have played 2 road games and they beat colorado and lost to a good washington team. Last year and year before means nothing. We can't judge a team on previous years ats or whatever. This game is right about where it should be. I could see this game going anywhere from 21-30 points which makes this a tough game to play.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    how do we know they are a different team on the road? they have played 2 road games and they beat colorado and lost to a good washington team. Last year and year before means nothing. We can't judge a team on previous years ats or whatever. This game is right about where it should be. I could see this game going anywhere from 21-30 points which makes this a tough game to play.
    perfectly said...the line is pretty much spot on. linesmakers are not gonna miss one like this...being the thursday night game between 2 big name teams. every gambler in the country almost will have money on this. we can go find stats to back up whatever side we are betting...but in all honesty 24 is perfect. see now one side wins the spread easily and half the people come back in talking about how it was easy money...forgetting all about the last easy money weeknight game they lost on. i am barely over 50% picking the sides and totals of every weeknight game so far...and i will be happy if i end up about right there. just want to bet them small to make the games interesting without losing much if any money before the weekend. now the favorite in the other game thursday that nobody cares about actually looked like it might be a good bet. gotta go dig deeper, but maybe some should look at that game too.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    Oregon is -24 right now at 5 dimes. What do you think about this matchup?

Why would you ask a bunch of degenerate losers what their opinion is?....unless of course your going to fade the majority. Looks like you were just looking for something to post.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini

1234 ... Last