ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Who Will Be The First NFL Team To Tank The Season To Get Andrew Luck?

I think miami already has this planned out. Colts maybe? Miami owner loves big names. If they get Luck, I guarantee you they will sign Cowher or Gruden.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7601

eagles. They need him the most.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I think the Colts have the best shot at it. I wouldn't be surprised if they started benching starters like they do at the end of the regular season and start seeing questionable additions to injury reports. Vikings have a good shot at it too, Rams play in the NFC west and will win at least a couple games by default. Either way I think there will be a controversy sooner than later about teams purposely tanking games.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

These reminds me of when Reggie Bush was coming out they even had a BUSH Bowl between the 49ers and Cardinals i think , and we all know how that went

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Too much invested in this year to tank. Way too high profile. Miami is perfect. Lame duck coach. Who better to go 0-16 than that goof Sporano?

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

colts.. they know manning is done..

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

NY Jets if they're smart.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

And no team will tank anything, other players dont give a fukk about luck
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave Jimmy0607 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7601

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    NY Jets if they're smart.
    So luck is better than a qb who has been to two straight afc title games?

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Too much invested in this year to tank. Way too high profile. Miami is perfect. Lame duck coach. Who better to go 0-16 than that goof Sporano?
    Still think the Colts are much sneakier. Painter as starting QB, well they did just sign Dan Orlovsky...
    They just placed Bullitt and Brackett on IR and if you noticed there were stretches tonight that both Mathis and Freeney were on the sidelines during defensive series. There have already been claims that Caldwell is not in charge of this team, not that, that will surprise anyone. I think most people already knew he doesn't decide who plays or sits and that he is just a figurehead. Keep an eye on their injury and IR lists, sure to have more curious additions soon.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Simply put, yes. Sanchez has been blessed to have a wealth of talent around him (on offense and defense). I've always said lets see what happens when some of this talent thins out. We're now seeing his mediocrity with a less talented team around him. We're also seeing what happens when you give him free reign and allow him to pass 25-35 times a game....not pretty. Remember in those years that we went to the AFC Championship games he was between 16-25 pass attempts per game. Granted our O-Line sucks, but the bottom line last night was the jets lost by 17 points and Mark was personally responsible for 21 defensive points (2 fumbles returned for tds and 1 pass returned for td). I dont care if its a jailbreak blitz and he's got 1 second to throw, he's gotta protect the ball. Pressure is not an excuse for giving the ball away. I could elaborate on more of his deficiencies, but ill stop. I hated the pick when we drafted him, absolutely hated it. And still hate him now
    Last edited by SASH; 10-04-11 at 01:15 AM.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Wasn't because of him.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Simply put, yes. Sanchez has been blessed to have a wealth of talent around him (on offense and defense). I've always said lets see what happens when some of this talent thins out. We're now seeing his mediocrity with a less talented team around him. We're also seeing what happens when you give him free reign and allow him to pass 25-35 times a game....not pretty. Remember in those years that we went to the AFC Championship games he was between 16-25 pass attempts per game. Granted our O-Line sucks, but the bottom line last night was the jets lost by 17 points and Mark was personally responsible for 21 defensive points (2 fumbles returned for tds and 1 pass returned for td). I dont care if its a jailbreak blitz and he's got 1 second to throw, he's gotta protect the ball. Pressure is not an excuse for giving the ball away. I could elaborate on more of his deficiencies, but ill stop. I hated the pick when we drafted him, absolutely hated it. An d still hate him now
    couldnt have said it beter ty

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

Dolphins will get Luck and do what Marino could not do, win the Super Bowl for the Dolphins.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Jets are doing it IN SPITE of Sanchez. He's far too inconsistent. Usually I'd defend a QB that is winning NFL games, but I'm certain he's a lame version of QBs like Trent Dilfer, with a penchant for stinking and turning the ball over when the game is put on his shoulders. He's like the super poor man's version of Kyle Orton, without the deep ball accuracy.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Simply put, yes. Sanchez has been blessed to have a wealth of talent around him (on offense and defense). I've always said lets see what happens when some of this talent thins out. We're now seeing his mediocrity with a less talented team around him. We're also seeing what happens when you give him free reign and allow him to pass 25-35 times a game....not pretty. Remember in those years that we went to the AFC Championship games he was between 16-25 pass attempts per game. Granted our O-Line sucks, but the bottom line last night was the jets lost by 17 points and Mark was personally responsible for 21 defensive points (2 fumbles returned for tds and 1 pass returned for td). I dont care if its a jailbreak blitz and he's got 1 second to throw, he's gotta protect the ball. Pressure is not an excuse for giving the ball away. I could elaborate on more of his deficiencies, but ill stop. I hated the pick when we drafted him, absolutely hated it. And still hate him now
    This and technically, Sanchez was responsible for more defensive return yards than offense generated by him. That's not all on him per se, but that's a really bad game.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

I don't really care. Just keep your winning picks coming. I'm forcing myself to put a small play on whatever you do this week.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9119

minny and miami and the colts seem to be in the runnings

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

I think Colts and Miami have a legit shot.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

True the fish are 0-4 but they're not the worst team out there. They're a pretty good 0-4 if that makes any sense. They'll finish with their fair share of wins (they still have games against den, kc, bills, and raiders. And you know they always get up for games against us (JETS)). I'm going with Minn. I think them and Jax will finish with the 2 worst records, but jax already has Gabbard

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

vikings or colts?

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Too much hype about that Luck kid.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Colts

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Vikings need him.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Surprised no one has mentioned the Chiefs as a very plausible destination for Luck.
    I think he ends up in one of these 4 cities: (in order of likely-hood)

Kansas City
    Indianapolis
    Miami
    jacksonville

Who knows?!?!?

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Seahawks announced their tanking intentions loud and clear by signing Tarvaris to be their starter in the offseason.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Live here in the bay area. This guy has all the mechanics. Hes good as advertised.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

hands down.. absolutely

tcpugh5
    Vols Bitch Crew
    tcpugh5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver seems to be in a tanking mood this season. The least it would do is kill the QB controversy and allow Denver to go ahead and ship Tebow to the Jags.