GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Geno's Takes for October 3 2011

Hey instead of laughing at the picks this week, maybe you we can finally laugh at the jokes as Geno’s Picks had a nice little 3-1 Sunday as the jokes seem to be getting back on track. Remember the jokes tonight says that the Colts will cover the 10 points because Curtis Painter doesn’t want to go down as the worst failed painter since Hitler.

And now… the Monday Morning Hangover and the things i cannot beleive i just saw...

Were the VIKINGS really favored on the road against the Chiefs?
    I’ve been a Donovan McNabb fan since his earliest days when the Eagles drafted him amidst the boo’s of Ricky Williams fans all the way through the purgatory of his Redskins and honestly thought the scenery in Minnesota would resurrect his career. Now—four losses later—I too realize it is time to let this Orangeman ride off into the sunset and to let the Christian Ponder experiment begin. Face it, the Vikings offense is completely out of sync and, the more they lose, the more the players will refuse to commit to lame duck McNabb. How are they laying three next Sunday, Vegas?
    Please, there’s a reason the last time the Vikings were legitimately laying anything on the road—Daunte Culpepper was their QB—and they were on a boat.

Did Ronnie Brown really throw the ball into the ether at the one yard line???
    The Eagles have more than earned the nickname the dream team thus far as they are completely sleepwalking through the season. This team deserves to be 1-3—hell they deserve to be winless—as they keep making idiotic choices. I’m not sure what is worse they sloppy defense that they play where they miss more tackles then I miss inside jokes during an episode of Lost or the way they simply get far too cute in goal line situations. When you have playmakers like DeSean Jackson, McCoy and Maclin: —why do you take them off the field at the goalline in favor of Ronnie Brown and Owen Schmitt and two TE’s? You are all but telegraphing the play is going to be a run up the middle and you have all but taken Michael Vick out of the play at well. Hey Andy Reid, Vick could have stayed in jail if he wanted to handcuffed like that. Oh and by the way, I just checked, the “m” in Schmitt is silent—like the Eagles in the 4th quarter where they’ve been outscored 36-0 in their last three losses.

The Eagles are getting three in Buff this week… I’m thinking take the Bills and parlay that with the Bills 2nd half line… thoughts?

Did the NFL actually cover it's tracks that poorly?
    Anyone who f—it’s literally upwards of 200 people kids—read my tweet last week where I said Mike Pereira is the new Joseph Goebbels... defending the tragedy of INSTANT REPLAY with ridiculous propaganda. And now less than a week later I have proof. Anyone who watched the Giants game yesterday and watched the referees blow the Arizona win and cover as they ruled Cruz’s bonehead play not a fumble had the perfect opportunity to see it.

To prove that Periera and the league were defending a blown call I call on anyone who is football fan like me to recall last year when Chargers Richard Goodman did the exact same thing in a game against the pats where he caught a diving ball for a first down and spun it on the ground in celebration without ever being touched. The ball was scooped up by a Patriot almost as fast as Goodman was released the following day. If you’d like to see a clip of it, YOU CAN’T! If you google “goodman fumble chargers patriots”, the video links are there but the NFL has taken them all down because they know that is irrefutable evidence that the refs blew the call and the game. I cannot believe the defense of “they knelt down and gave themselves up” has now worked for the Victor Cruz and Ben Roethlisberger.

See you tomorrow kids with more takes and a Geno’s Thread of the day!
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-07-14 at 09:47 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBS2011

SBS2011
    SBS2011's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm from Philly and can't remember a worse loss than yesterday's game. Please someone explain this quote from Andy Reid, " "We didn't score enough points offensively, and we didn't shut them down enough defensively. That's the common denominator."

Really? Really? WTF ... isn't that the point of the god damn game!!!! I think the Reid family is back on their meds....

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I remember during Plaxico's rookie year, he caught a ball and went to the ground, thinking he was still in college, he assumed the play was over, and spiked the ball in celebration of the first down... it was a live ball and Jacksonville recovered

GenosPicks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    I remember during Plaxico's rookie year, he caught a ball and went to the ground, thinking he was still in college, he assumed the play was over, and spiked the ball in celebration of the first down... it was a live ball and Jacksonville recovered
    YUP... my buddy told me recalled the same play when i was telling him about the Goodman fumble in last years game.. in fact this article from yardbarker references the Plax play in speaking of the video WHICH AGAIN has been removed as of today from this site! (i left the link below simply for the perfect title of it "fail_chargers_wr_richard_goodman_fumbles _without_being_touched" of it).

I honestly feel like the replay encourages refs to be lax in live play calling because they know they can review it but then when they do, they don't have the balls to make a huge overturn of a call no matter how correct it is.

this is ridiculous and i'm guessing a HUGE swing in Vegas

-g

yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/fail_chargers_wr_richard_goodman_fumbles _without_being_touched/3477565
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-07-14 at 09:47 AM.

GenosPicks

Quote Originally Posted by SBS2011 View Post
    I'm from Philly and can't remember a worse loss than yesterday's game. Please someone explain this quote from Andy Reid, " "We didn't score enough points offensively, and we didn't shut them down enough defensively. That's the common denominator."

Really? Really? WTF ... isn't that the point of the god damn game!!!! I think the Reid family is back on their meds....
    hehe... back on their meds... if i see them pull out all their playmakers one more time at the goal he should be fired mid game.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Geno

Hope you are watching monday night countdown, they just showed all the plays discussed... Goodman, Plaxico, Harrison, and Cruz