bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The RedRiver shootout (OU/Texas), Thoughts wanted

With the exception of maybe Iron bow and Ohio St/Michigan this has to be one of the best Rivalry games of the year. This years game is seems pretty tough to me however getting 9 points in a game like this seems to be possibly sucker points?

Oklahoma -9
    Texas +9
    Whats everyone's take on this matchup.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

TX +

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

hard not to take texas but what do i know.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

my system on rivalry games has always been,

if the line is 9 or more take the points
    haven't kept track of how often it wins, but it is usually a good bet
    9 times out of 10 they are close games within 6 points

samserif
    samserif's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Texas is still an unknown. New coaches and young players and appearing to improve execution-wise with every game. Texas +9 looks good to me, not sure I'd take much less though.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

There is no exception and if there was it would be Florida vs Florida State.

I love the horns and bleed burnt orange but I dont like this match up. Texas's frosh RB will be something special some day as will their frosh QB and soph QB. Texas's running game is a SLOW developing shotgun counter that work against the Iowa St's but get blown up against good defenses. The Texas rotating QB's are single read receiver QB's for now. If that read is covered they take off. Again, works against the iowa st's. So my take is Tex is extremely young on offense, they will make mistakes against a punishing defense. They were a losing team last year and not ready for this level yet. Next year. This year I like Okla 38-10.

cowboyfan08
    cowboyfan08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I agree john!score even to me looks about right.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Oklahoma hasn't really impressed me at all this season. They definitely haven't looked anywhere near as good as LSU/Bama, and I'm sure I'm not alone in heavily cheering for them not to run the table so we don't have to see them lose to LSU/Bama by 30 pts. People are underestimating how good Texas is now that they have a QB who can run the system. Wouldn't be surprised to see Texas win, but if they don't the season might as well be over because OU will run the table and get exterminated by the SEC Champ in the MNC.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^^^^
    Way to not answer the question.

I personally think OU has the potential to win this game by 30. More recent history of this rivalry has been anything but close games. With that said, i believe the line is pretty accurate. But if i were to play the game it would be OU. This texas profram is rebuilding. Not what it was even just 3 years ago.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Okl is strong
    Texas is not bad

Okl has been showing up lately in big games

Teaser maybe DOWN

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

texas is right now maybe the quietest football school that is undefeated.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Im a value man, in a rivlary game you gotta take the points.

I think texas has a ton of wrinkles and trick plays ready. We saw a tiny glimpse in ISU game, that may open the door for them to win this one.

I will be making a small play on the texas ML.

The War Room
    The War Room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Agreed... value will be on the ML as there is a chance Texas wins this game SU

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

bye bye money. people will never learn...not even myself. i have been betting like a drunk ass fan so far this year instead of doing it right, the way i know how. you think vegas got the line wrong on the biggest game of the week? i mean you honestly look and "see value in texas +9"? that is exactly what they want you to see by setting the line this high. last season these teams were clearly farther apart than they would appear this season, and the line was like 4 or 5 points lower wasn't it? now they are both undefeated and ranked, and vegas throws out 9 at you. just think it over before you blow your wad on this game. if you must bet it then wait for the line to drop and take oklahoma. as for me, i am going back to betting the totals on the e michigan's of this world. you guys enjoy.