Betpoints: 205

Patriots Injury Update

The following are OUT for tomorrow's game against the Raiders-
    RT Sebastian Vollmer
    TE Aaron Hernandez
    DT "Fat Albert" Haynesworth
    CB Ras-I Dowling
    CB Leigh Bodden

The CBs for tomorrow will be McCourty, Kyle Arrington, Antwaun Molden, and Phillip Adams.

Needless to say, Campbell passing yards OVER might be the easiest play of the day. Raiders ATS/ML/TT over just got a ton of extra value with the 3 defensive additions. Barrett and Brown sharing strong safety duty, and a 1-handed Chung at free safety.

I'll update this thread when prop numbers are released for the game.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bumping for the late night degens

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Leigh Bodden was the only slightly expected scratch. Everyone else was already expected to not play. I don't think it adds much value at all to the Raiders ATS/ML/TT or Campbell's passing yards. Bodden is a decent corner, but nothing to make a big deal about.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Leigh Bodden was the only slightly expected scratch. Everyone else was already expected to not play. I don't think it adds much value at all to the Raiders ATS/ML/TT or Campbell's passing yards. Bodden is a decent corner, but nothing to make a big deal about.
    Dowling was also a surprise. He was out for warmups last week but a late scratch. Being limited in practice had a lot of people thinking he was being rested for this game.

Bodden is a good slot corner, and a decent backup at safety if needed. Losing the best corner this year plus the 3rd best is certainly bad news for the Pats. McCourty has no faith in the safeties, which is part of the reason he's been pretty poor so far.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

I am leaning with the over more even though Im really tempted to go for Patriots ATS.
    Patriots TT might be a good option as well depending on the number

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

How would you asses the matchup of Brady vs the Raiders D?

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    I am leaning with the over more even though Im really tempted to go for Patriots ATS.
    Patriots TT might be a good option as well depending on the number
    I agree. The only total plays for TT and overall are the overs. The Pats should get their points, the big question is can the Pats D step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    How would you asses the matchup of Brady vs the Raiders D?
    If the Raiders D line can get pressure without any help from the LBs/secondary, they should be fairly successful in slowing the offense. Brady was near-perfect last year against 5-6+ rushers, with the best numbers coming against 6 or more. You just can't blitz him, it doesn't work, unless your D line can do its job. Brady picks out the blitzers pretty quickly and adjusts his O line protection accordingly, so for any team to blitz successfully, they need the D line to take advantage of that.

The Raiders secondary is fairly weak, although Stanford Routt worries me. Brady should put up some solid numbers, regardless of what happens with the D line. Welker feels great after his ridiculous workload last week so that won't be an issue. Gronkowski should have another big game... no one on Oakland can match up with him. They'll have to double him to even have a shot IMO.

So, the play really depends on if you think the Oakland D line can be successful or not. Personally, I think they'll have some trouble, but I also expect the HB draw to Woodhead to kill them if they play too aggressively.

Gronkowski to score a TD is an automatic play for me, haven't decided on anything else yet.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Over even more now???
    Should be a high scoring game.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Kyle Arrington is pretty banged up too

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Patriots win this game by 10+. No doubt in my mind.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    Patriots win this game by 10+. No doubt in my mind.
    I certainly hope so

Maybe I'm just too close to it, but the defense worries me. Played great against the Dolphins, decent against the Chargers, and horrible against the Bills. With all these injuries, I'm worried about the trend they're on. Hopefully Brown, Molden and Adams step up big tomorrow