poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

NBA's stars are greatly underpaid (article), and my commentary

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...lockout_093011

I already knew the NBA greats were underpaid, but not to the extent mentioned. In contrast, many of the middle/low-tier players are overpaid due to the current model. It's implied that many owners had a problem with how Miami was able to get such a collection of stars, despite that almost every team benefited financially last year. THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF WADE AND LEBRON COULD'VE COMMANDED FAIR MARKET VALUE SALARY, DIPSHITS. Fans should all be way more against owners than players as I am; the lockout exists because of ownership making poor business decisions and wanting to collectively suppress wages of its league's most important players.

My favorite solution would be for a more government-controlled league where owners are voted in and out over regular intervals, like politicians. Actually, I think a lot of currents owners would be willing to be bought out under such pretenses since most of them are losing money like it's claimed.

Failing that, I would make a percentage of all players' money go into a pool that all teams equally collect from, with no restrictions on player salary. Also, there should be a short limit on contract years, no more than three. Most of the current NBA salary, free agent and trade rules are a convoluted mess that are proven this past year to hurt the bottom line. Fans like a fair degree of change and for the big market teams to win most of the time.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by poochiecollins View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...lockout_093011

I already knew the NBA greats were underpaid, but not to the extent mentioned. In contrast, many of the middle/low-tier players are overpaid due to the current model.
    I agree with that. A good example is when Rashard Lewis was brought in to compliment Dwight who just got a monster contract. Lewis knew he was overpaid but he was worth more to them than he was to a team who didn't already have that big investment . You see that in any business though. A person or complimenting product is needed to get over the hump. For the business it's either overpay for it now or lose your spot. The top guys on the team or in that business have to look at it as an investment in them and not be upset that their sidekick came in at the right time. I never understood people upset because they couldn't get Lewis money.