playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I took SF in the $100 league, but am still hoping that the Giants come back and win for my $25 league.

Here is what everyone took. I believe that 6 people did not make a pick, thus they will get the biggest favorite on the board automatically. Well they get the biggest favorite that they have not selected yet.

Houston= 7 picks
    Baltimore= 15 picks
    Tennessee= 3 picks
    Giants = 9 picks
    NO = 4 picks
    Buffalo= 2 picks
    SF = 16 picks

playersonly69

Wel lI did advance last week in both the $25 and the $100 league.

I really could use a little help this week. I want to take Houston. I could take Dallas, but I was actually going to use Dallas in Week 12 when they play at home on Thanksgiving Day against Miami. Dont you guys think that they Cowboys have a better shot against Miami than they would against Seattle? I am also going to change up my schedule for the rest of the year a bit. I can no longer rely on San Diego to win. Here was my previous battle plan

Week 7 New Orleans
    week 8 Giants
    Week 9 Houston
    Week 10 San Diego
    Week 11 Green bay
    Week 12 Dallas
    Week 13 New England
    Week 14 Pitt
    Week 15 Atlanta, Buff or Bears, Cincy or Arizona
    Week 16 baltimore (hate to wait this long on this great team, but I might need an easy win here)
    Week 17 Jets, Atlanta, Bears

Somehow, I need to take San Diego out next week and will have to think about how to do that. But who do I take this week?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Don't plan so far ahead. It seems as though your pool won't make it to the playoffs.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Hi guys

playersonly69

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Don't plan so far ahead. It seems as though your pool won't make it to the playoffs.

I dont know, we still have 55 players left in the $100 league and around 140 left in the $100 league.

I know that last year with close to the same pool of entrants had 5 teams complete the season.

By planning ahead, these are not sure picks. I mean the only teams that I am potentially saving for too late in the season are Pittsburgh and New England.

But I think that your comment convinced me not to take San Diego next week against Oakland. At the beginning of the year, it appeared that Oakland wouldnt be competitive, but now Stan Diego doesnt look to competitive

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Looks like Houston should be your best pick this week. Seattle took me out earlier this season with the @NYG fiasco.

playersonly69

Thanks slacker. You need to turn PRO slacker. You have alot of points that could put to some good use if you were a PRO.

It is worth the $200 and you might turn that deposit into $2000 within a week or so

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

playersonly.....my suicide pool doesn't allow you to pick Thursday games, so Dallas vs Miami on Thanksgiving is out of the question for me.

If I don't take Dallas this week, I likely don't get another opportunity the rest of the year.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Goodluck with what ever you decide. My pool started with 1,705 entrants, and is now sitting at 180. $100 a entrant makes for a nice $170,500 pot. Gotta keep surviving.

playersonly69

YEs it was this week or week 12. I am not sure if we can pick Thursday games either come to think of it. But it is a computer website that we use, so certainly we can do that.

And I think that alot of players chose the opening Thursday night game this year as a pick

Regul8er
    Wordd

playeronly.....it looks like we both survived. How many of the 55 got eliminated?

25 of the 180 that remained going into the week got knocked out (15 on Oakland, 6 on New England, 4 on Kansas City). Still an opportunity tonight with 10 on Philly.

Barring nothing happens to Vick tonight....Philly seems like the logical pick next week at home vs Arizona. I'm guessing 80% of the pool will be on them though looking at next weeks games.

playersonly69

It turns out that a few guys didnt even pick this week, but they all got the autopick of Dallas since tehy were the biggest favorite and no one had used them yet.

There are still 43 teams left, Philly hurt alot of people and the rest took Buffalo to win for some reason. The $25 league is now down to 121 players.

I am really thinking about Philly, but would love to feel sure about it and take San Diego. I checked and all games each week are possible choices. I do still have Green bay, but I would love to save them for 1 more week until Week 11. Philly would be a nice pick, but I would love to save them until Week 13 or Week 17.

I really need to take San Diego as one really cant find another week to take them again for the rest of the season. However, I may only take them in the $100 league and go with Green Bay in the $25 league. What do you think?

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Goodluck with what ever you decide. My pool started with 1,705 entrants, and is now sitting at 180. $100 a entrant makes for a nice $170,500 pot. Gotta keep surviving.
    I'm in a similar pool with 1500 entrants at a $100 a pick. The pool is down to less than 400 picks left. This pool is a Loser pool, you have to pick a team to lose every week and can't pick the same team twice.

I've already chosen: Minn.,Sea.,KC.,Den.,NYJ.,Rams,Colts,Jax. ,and Clev.

This is one tough week as you can tell from who I've already chosen. I'm considering either taking Oakland, or Cincy to lose. Tough division games I know, and hate taking a road team, but not sure I can trust Dallas to take care of Buffalo and I'd rather save Tampa for next week when they play in GB. At this point I'm leaning toward picking Cincy to go down to Pitt; Pitt off the loss should be tough for an overachieving Cincy squad who hasn't really beaten a quality opponent yet. Thoughts?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I would like to be in one of these suicide pools next year. Please give me information or a website so that I can play next year. If you don't want it public, send me a pm. Thanks. I want info on the winning suicide pool and the pick losers suicides pool.

Regul8er
    Wordd

playeronly....I wouldnt hold off on Philly too long, because they could be playing meaningless games by week 13 or 17! Just something to consider.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Only 10 of the remaining 145 have taken the Eagles to date. I'm guessing we could be seeing 120 or so on the Eagles this week, making for a very slow week......or amazing week for those who already squeaked out Philly wins.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Only 10 of the remaining 145 have taken the Eagles to date. I'm guessing we could be seeing 120 or so on the Eagles this week, making for a very slow week......or amazing week for those who already squeaked out Philly wins.
    The eagles would take out nearly 80% of the entries this week. I am using them and I checked my competition, the numbers are about the same with not having used Philly. We all win or all die with Andy and Vick.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Eagles are almost a no doubt pick this week though, as scary as that sounds. Only potentially cupcake left on their sched is week 17, vs Skins (who are a division rival) besides that game could be meaningless by then. Arizona will be without Kolb, and travel cross country (which usually doesn't bode well for Western teams) I know it's scary jumping on an sinking ship, but these guys were deemed as the Dream Team, meaning you would think they could squeak a home win out vs the hapless Cards with a DII QB playing.

On the other hand, this could be a failure of epic proportions.

Regul8er
    Wordd

One of the sickest losses Ive ever witnessed by the Eagles today. You guys know the details, so I dont have to get into it, but Ive never seen a sicker loss to a D2 QB in my life. If the Eagles wanted this game, they win by 20+.......but nobody cared. Makes me sick to my stomach only 12 will remain in my pool out of 1,705, and Im not around.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Regul8er
    Wordd

HAHA.

YA, I was a little disappointed yesterday, but now that Ive slept on it, I cant beat myself up too much. I made all the right decisions, and had myself in good shape. Only 14 of 1,705 survived through week 10 (barring GB wins tonight, or that number could be 8).

When I look back, if I don't pick Philly, I probably pick Baltimore and lose. I already picked Green Bay, Dallas, Houston, New England, Pittsburgh......and I sure as heck wouldn't pick Miami or Jacksonville in this type of pool.

Just bad luck that most suffered from.

playersonly69

Well I am now out of my $25 pool since San Diego didnt win.

But I still have a shot in the $100 pool, but I need Green Bay tonight. I have changed around my upcoming weeks because of this change.

Week 10 Green Bay
    Week 11 New England
    Week 12 Dallas

I still have Pitt and Baltimore to fit in somewhere and I guess that I have Philly too. Also I might be able to use Chicago if needed and Atlanta will be used for sure

Regul8er
    Wordd

Buffalo potentially week 15 or 16 at home vs Miami and Denver.

playersonly69

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Well I am out of my $25 league but I am still in the $100 league and we only have 12 guys left. NATURALLY we didnt lose a single player of the past 2 weeks! I had saved Pittsburgh and Baltimore for those weeks thinking that I might be the only guy to win both weeks, and OF COURSE all of the favorites covered!!!!

Here is who I have used up thus far

Week 7 New Orleans
    week 8 Giants
    Week 9 Houston
    Week 10 Green Bay
    Week 11 New England
    Week 12 Dallas
    Week 13 Pitt
    Week 14 Baltimore
    Week 15 Atlanta, Cincy or Arizona
    Week 16 Cincinatti or Washington
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]Week 17 Jets, Atlanta, San Diego, Philly[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]I would love to save Atlanta until week 17, but I might have to take them tomorrow night. I coud take the Jets in week 17 against Miami. Also, Philly plays Washington during week 17. Having said that, Atlanta has the easiest week 17 game in that they play Tampa. Atlanta also will need that win against Tampa to make the playoffs. What would you guys do?[/COLOR]

Regul8er
    Wordd

I would take Cardinals this week. They have played inspiring football, and have an outside of chance of a playoff spot, if they can beat Cleveland, Cincinnati and Seattle (certainly doable) Cleveland is just horrendous.

playersonly69

I do like the idea of saving Atlanta until the final week, but the Jets in week 17 should be a winner as well. I have a feeling that everyone will take Atlanta this week.

In the virtual rankings, I would be in first. By virtual, I mean the rankings of the remaining teams that each player has not used. Of course I saved my teams and didnt use the big favorites early

playersonly69

Well I advanced again this week, but so did almost everyone one else! We only lost 2 guys and ONE of them lost with Green Bay. That must really suck to lose with Green Bay. The other guy lost with the Giants.

Here is who I am used up this season:

Denver, Detroit, Tennessee, Washington, Minnesota, Oakland, New Orleans, San Francisco, Houston, Green bay, New England, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh

10 people left in the league, $18,200 for the winner. Nothing for second, although we could chop I guess. But I dont even know 8 of the guys left. One guy has 2 entries left. Funny because I didnt even know that we could have more than 1 team.

Anyway, here are my thoughts for the last 2 weekends.

Week 16

Carolina or Cinncinnati (These are my 2 viable teams that are favorites that I can take. Well unless you count the Jets and KC to be easy picks)

Week 17

-I cannot take Cincy in week 17 because they play Baltimore
    -I could take Jacksonville against Indy, but I actually think that Indy wins this one
    - Jets At Miami. This is probably my best bet is to take the Jets
    - Giants= Somehow I never used the Giants, but I think that the Cowboys win this game
    - Philadelphia= Cant take them against Washington
    - Arizona= Probably the best pick of the bunch
    - San Diego= Maybe the second best pick

First 12