priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you ever called the cops on your neighbors for noise?

I've lived in apartments for 6 years and I just did so for the 2nd time in my life. I'm trying to study for the LSAT and my GF is trying to sleep and they are playing music loud enough to shake glasses on our tables.

Psychopaths. They better hide their ganja.

priskilla22

I guess I'm the only asshole.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

nah dont worry i called the cops once, some fkn indians were making too much noise

DanL32
    DanL32's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'd just ask them to turn it down.. and also probably not be on sbr when i'm studying...

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by DanL32 View Post
    i'd just ask them to turn it down.. and also probably not be on sbr when i'm studying...
    I have ADD, I have to do two things at once. I study for 30, check out some plays, study 30 more.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

you should definitely go talk to them first.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Never a good plan, boss. Just talk to em. They'll turn it down.
    If something bad happens with the 5-0 they will really hate you and....
    snitches get stiches

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

no. join them instead.

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

basically you need to tell them about respect and consideration...if they dont understand, its up to you to make them understand...if you call the cops, they will never respect you...if the guy's a wise ass, grab him by the throat until his tounge is hangin' out and tell all the other assholes in there that they will be mime's also if this fukkin' noise doesnt end and you are instilling a noise ordinance as of this second...sometimes a little hard justice is warranted...best of luck to ya'...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

numerous times for me. A few times it was for underage drinking also

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

I really want to.

Hoping they get enough tickets so they move out.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, because I'm not a snitch

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Ask the dude to turn it down. Then tell him to turn it down. Then call the cops.

IF you are gonna be an attorney you gotta stop being such as pussy and confront these kind of problems head on.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

call the cops

I do all the time

Hecl some chick steals my parking stop and I got her 4 tickets last 2 weeks and she is not bad looking fuk her

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15206

When they find out you did it. They going to fuk your shit up.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Never, cuz I know they will retalliate... I want to be left alone!

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

why would you care if some inconsiderate piece of garbage respects you?

call the cops

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

big mistake to call the cops. they will key your car or something else to get even. and the cops are not your friends and don't want to be bothered with this kind of nonsense. all they care about is resting so they can do more details at 36.00/hr. they need their rest do not disturb the police ever. do not even make them aware you exist.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I'll assume by now they have turned the music down so I'll address another issue in your posts. Law school and ADD do not mix. Not saying you won't graduate, but you have to do really well to get a job that pays well. Consider whether your skills may be better applied elsewhere.

Takethebooki
    chizzy owes me 330 pts?
    Takethebooki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

If your a bitch then you would. So that means ur a bitch. And you have done it twice so ur a big bitch

CAS2550
    CAS2550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Punk

jmush
    jmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

ive called them on my own roomates for partying when i was trying to relax with my lady..fukk them!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: FuzzyDunlop

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Quote Originally Posted by jmush View Post
    ive called them on my own roomates for partying when i was trying to relax with my lady..fukk them!!!

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Snitches get stitches.

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    I've lived in apartments for 6 years and I just did so for the 2nd time in my life. I'm trying to study for the LSAT and my GF is trying to sleep and they are playing music loud enough to shake glasses on our tables.

Psychopaths. They better hide their ganja.
    Don't go to law school, just don't do it, I know you probably have a useless liberal arts degree, but just don't go to law school. Google JD Underground, read and learn the truth.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    big mistake to call the cops. they will key your car or something else to get even. and the cops are not your friends and don't want to be bothered with this kind of nonsense. all they care about is resting so they can do more details at 36.00/hr. they need their rest do not disturb the police ever. do not even make them aware you exist.
    I guess the cops you know are different from the cops you know.

James

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

I have never called on a neighbor for noise. I did have a fight break out at my neighbors house and when I looked out the window I see a guy mace another guy (never seen them before) and then a group of 6 go after the guy with the mace. I don't care if they fight as long as they stay way from my property and so on. But when there is 6 on 1 and imo anyone of them would have been able to take him 1 on 1 I'm not going to let it go down. I had my wife call while I got dressed to go out and stop it.

Turns out the guy with the mace was running his mouth about an area he is from and the other people that were there had enough after a while. I stayed outside and told the cops what I seen which kept my neighbors friends out trouble because I seen them get maced.

James

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

look if your neighbor does not turn it down , then yes you call the cops, they should no better

and if anybody thinks snitches get stitches , then do something in front of me and try to give me stitches , will be a fun afternoon

priskilla22

I don't know these people so I'm not sure if I want to go up there at 3 in the morning and ask them to turn their music down.

But as for them 'keying my car', the way the complex is set up, it could literally be 6 or 7 other different apartments that complained, and I didn't give my name to the officer on the phone so they wouldn't have any idea who it was.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

I did on these ******* girls that lived next to us. Twots.

Call your landlord and the cops.

**** em. If it's invading your space that you pay money for they are in the wrong and you owe them nothing. It doesn't make you a bitch or anything like that.

I've had them called on me too when I was dating this blonde who was into bondage games and throwing shit at each other. Her ******* neighbors told their landlord we were playing football in her apartment at 3 in the morning. Yeah ok guys because chicks have screaming orgasms when playing football right. ******* dumb. Anyway. Fuckign cops crashed through the door to find her railing me doggystyle with a strap on. They laughed and left and I could never bring myself to go back over there.

Cannot stand rude people.
    Last edited by stevek173; 10-01-11 at 06:10 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Ricki Roma gave stevek173 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

nah, never. the people above me sound like they're dropping bowling balls on the ground on purpose constantly but at least I know they don't mind when we're loud as fck.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO

Don't be a hater....

Just confront them and unless their complete retards, they will quiet down.

Dallas79
    Dallas79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

call the cops.

they will never know you did it.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I can't believe you'd call the cops right away. What a bullshlt move.

Here's what you do...

First incident: "Hey guys, I know you're just trying to have fun but my old lady is on my ass because she can't sleep/study/watch tv/etc. Can you do me a favor and lower the music?"

90% of all situations = resolved right there

If they're shitheads then....

Second incident: "Hey guys, seriously this is getting to be a problem. I need you to drop the music. We're all cool but this is a rough night and you guys are way too loud. Let's just kill it right now. Thanks."

If it keeps going then you call the cops....that way you gave them chances and they don't think you're a puss and come after you the next day.

Bongo
    Bongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    I did on these ******* girls that lived next to us. Twots.

Call your landlord and the cops.

**** em. If it's invading your space that you pay money for they are in the wrong and you owe them nothing. It doesn't make you a bitch or anything like that.

I've had them called on me too when I was dating this blonde who was into bondage games and throwing shit at each other. Her ******* neighbors told their landlord we were playing football in her apartment at 3 in the morning. Yeah ok guys because chicks have screaming orgasms when playing football right. ******* dumb. Anyway. Fuckign cops crashed through the door to find her railing me doggystyle with a strap on. They laughed and left and I could never bring myself to go back over there.

Cannot stand rude people.
    Hate to break the news, but that wasn't a strap-on.

12 Last