laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Anybody here buy any Gold?

Anybod still buying gold? Just curious....I don't know the market well but I recently bought a couple grand and just plan on sitting on it. Curious to here anybodies input on if its still a valuable investment.....thanks.

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6817

Maybe you should've put that money in a savings account or a CD
    You have the right idea, put it away and forget about it... Don't sweat the day to day fluctuations... Interesting times ahead, for sure...

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    Anybod still buying gold? Just curious....I don't know the market well but I recently bought a couple grand and just plan on sitting on it. Curious to here anybodies input on if its still a valuable investment.....thanks.
    I just bought 2 necklaces today off a guy at work. Gold still is a great place to have your money. Silver as well.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1482

Strength in the American economy will continue to cause gold to decrease.
    In tough times $ money goes to two places. American $ or Gold.
    Forget the Euro, the world now knows that it is only a glorified German Mark.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    And that would make investmen in Gold right now good considering the economy still is in a negative flux. Agree?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

things will get better, it will be a couple hundred years maybe 500 before things really collapse.

DanL32
    DanL32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually just covered my shorts on trx and uxg for 38 and 30 percent gains..looking into exploring some options as the holidays approach. With all of the panic going around, I think increased volatility will create some nice opportunities.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by DanL32 View Post
    I actually just covered my shorts on trx and uxg for 38 and 30 percent gains..looking into exploring some options as the holidays approach. With all of the panic going around, I think increased volatility will create some nice opportunities.
    What's you're prection on the market for the next year?

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

oh yes, i followed all of the sbr geniuses who suggested buying at 1900 cause it will double in week

DanL32

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    What's you're prection on the market for the next year?
    Honestly I can't say I like what I'm seeing. I'm staying away from any buy and hold strategies because there's just too much uncertainty. But, I think that this craziness will create great value on some options. I'll definitely be looking to buy a few homerun puts in the near future.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by DanL32 View Post
    Honestly I can't say I like what I'm seeing. I'm staying away from any buy and hold strategies because there's just too much uncertainty. But, I think that this craziness will create great value on some options. I'll definitely be looking to buy a few homerun puts in the near future.
    Solid

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10704

I bought Gold, Silver and Copper lol I love all the commodities

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
    I bought Gold, Silver and Copper lol I love all the commodities
    How much do you have invested?

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I'm not a huge Jim Cramer fan, but I do agree with him when he says that every retirement portfolio should have at least 5-10% gold. GLD is the most convenient way, unless of course, you can afford the $500,000 for a brick. Or you can buy the smaller bars for less.

Day traders are more interested in silver because it has value as both an industrial resource and a valuable metal. The silver trade is tricky because if there's news of an economic slowdown, silver will go down. But if there's news of an impending financial collapse (currencies), people pour into silver and gold. You can see how the silver trade is f'n crazy right now because these days we are getting bombarded by stories about both financial meltdowns (Europe) and economic slowdown (every country). If you have gumption, try playing AGQ...but don't hold onto it for more than a day or you'll probably get burned!

DanL32

The most important thing in investing in gold is realizing that it isn't the "miracle cure all" for your portfolio. Yes, it can be a good investment, but too many naive people are putting money into gold when in reality they know nothing about it.. That could cause some ugly situations when bad news comes and the sharp money pulls out, leaving the other holders stunned. Just make sure whatever you do, you can explain your reasoning (not just because some guy on tv said it).

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    oh yes, i followed all of the sbr geniuses who suggested buying at 1900 cause it will double in week
    Link to "sbr geniuses who suggested buying at 1900 cause it will double in week" discussion please?

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like platinum at this price before gold

Takethebooki
    chizzy owes me 330 pts?
    Takethebooki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

silver is doing better then gold but gold is always worth its weight. this country hasnt seen its darkest days yet. everyone is saying we are getting out of the depression but we havnt even begun yet. Gold will always be worth its weight unlike other investments. Did you buy brick or some shitty jewelry

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Gold is a sound investment. But I generally don't invest in any commodity that has already seen more than a 100% gain within a three period. That pretty much means you missed most of the party. There still could be some party left, but you missed most of it and could risk being on the cleaning crew. While that may not hold true with gold at this time it's just a rule I follow (one of the few).

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Think less of the returns and more of the safety net. Gold will hold its value, whether it goes up or down slightly. Same with silver although it still is half its all time high. At this point in the economy, anything paper related or real estate related is a huge risk.

At any time the markets can tank. Currently homes sales are down. Any news can force a market to take a dive. And lets face it, you never know if your money is safe in the market. You never know if you are invested in the next enron.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

I just heard on the news this morning that panning for gold is happening in the Northeastern states. Due to the earthquake and flooding from the lil hurricane, it has moved rock and soil. Now folks are panning for gold just like the good ole days.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    In many ways the US $ is in even worse shape then the Euro. It's only because the $ is the reserve currency of the world and they can print as much as they want instead of a total default that it's safer for now. But once the Euro collapses people will look at the dollar and flee it for commodities again.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by dom75 View Post
    I just heard on the news this morning that panning for gold is happening in the Northeastern states. Due to the earthquake and flooding from the lil hurricane, it has moved rock and soil. Now folks are panning for gold just like the good ole days.
    Just like the good ol days lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Gold will come down to about 1200

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

To me, when everyone says you should buy X its too late. Time has already passed to buy it.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

buy gold

p3re
    p3re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    To me, when everyone says you should buy X its too late. Time has already passed to buy it.
    wise words!