Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

It really depends, if it's a place I go to or pick up from frequently I will, especially locally owned places. I've found there are less mistakes with your order and seem to take better care of me. When I lived in Austin, there was a great little Chinese place I would pick up from 1-2 times a week and they took great care of me. The owner and staff would always throw some extra stuff in for me to try, they had Americanized Chinese food but specialized in more authentic Chinese food as well. It wasn't unusual for me to order a dinner and a soup and walk out with 2 brown grocery bags of take out, especially when they were doing dim sum. One day I went to pick up an order and the owner takes me to the kitchen and opens the fridge and there are 2 big kingfish in there. They had gone deep sea fishing the day before, he cut me 4 big kingfish steaks and wrapped them and gave them to me to grill later. They were great people and the food was awesome.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I'm not tipping anything unless I'm actually sitting down at a restauraunt....everybody wants a freaking tip these days.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

if its pick up at a place where pick up is standard like pizza, or chinese, no, I dont tip.

If I am getting take out at a sit down restaurant where the bartender has to take the order, get the food, etc, I will leave a tip..

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

For pizza deliver now there is a 2.50 delivery charge that doesn't cover the tip. So when them bastards want to start taking 2.50 off my check for carry out, then I'll tip.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

I appreciate the advice guys, and I came to some conclusions.

1) At no point will I be fixing my ceiling.

2) If you are a regular at a nice place which is the deal here, I like the "rounding to the nearest round amount" route. Last night's meal was like $23 something including the 6 pack so I did that, and wouldn't you know it I ended up chatting with one of the cute waitresses about how she likes Sheetz food when she is drunk late at night.

3) Fast food, coffee places, etc. no tip. No Starbucks either unless I'm trying to get in someone's pants. Nice place a tip though.

4) I won't be fixing my ceiling.
    Last edited by stevek173; 09-30-11 at 01:56 PM.

BGS 9.5
    BGS 9.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3623

Pickup tipping = -EV

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

No real need to tip for pickup, they make a regular hourly wage. If the hostess or counter person is good/polite then I'd toss a buck or two in there. If she's hot and you wanna score some points, toss a 5 in there each week.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

I only do if I like the person. An even then not every time. Everything is circumstantial with me.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

hell no

the person did nothing, why would I tip?

First 12