TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

How long has Bill Buckner had a studder?

Was watching the ESPN special "Catching Hell" about Steve Bartman and they spoke to Bill Buckner several times about his experiences after the ground ball he missed.

He seemed to have a slight studder, and I wonder if it was there before he made that error. I think people who go through traumatic confidence destroying events can develop this, but I thought it was only in young children.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

does he always stutter, or only when addressing that experience?

vinny89121
    vinny89121's Avatar Become A Pro!

the studder began after the missed routine ground ball

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vinny89121 View Post
    the studder began after the missed routine ground ball
    Seriously?s If so that is sad. I wonder if he sought therapy after the error.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

vinny89121
    vinny89121's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Seriously?s If so that is sad. I wonder if he sought therapy after the error.
    i heard he saw a therapist but it only helped a little bit. i guess the studder was really bad after the error till he saw the therapist. now its just kinda noticable

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I hear Bill Buckner is PatrickBateman's favorite baseball player.

GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

if only that ground ball had skipped as many times as his speech did last night

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...tachegets.html

Cutting edge: Buckner’s mustache gets the ax
    By BRIAN MURPHY — bmurphy@idahostatesman.com
    Posted: 12:00am on Apr 12, 2012; Modified: 12:22am on Apr 12, 2012

Related Links
    LinkVoices.IdahoStatesman.com/MurphsTurf
    Bill Buckner is back in a Cubs uniform for the first time since 1984. The Boise resident and former Major League Baseball All-Star has gone even more retro with his facial hair.

For the first time in 40 years, the 62-year-old Buckner is not sporting a mustache. He shaved it per team policy.

Buckner is in his first season with the Chicago Cubs’ organization as a minor-league hitting coach.

“I’m looking pretty young these days. I think I’m about 25,” Buckner said Wednesday from Mesa, Ariz., where he is working at extended spring training. Buckner will be with the Boise Hawks when the short-season Class A team begins play in June.

“I look like my older brother now — just a younger version.”

But Buckner doesn’t need to be reminded that he is much older than his players, many of whom can’t even legally purchase a beer.

“These kids have no idea who I am,” said Buckner, who had 2,715 hits in his career with five teams. “They’ve looked it up on the computers.”

The computers are everywhere in Mesa and around baseball. Buckner, who spent six seasons as a coach with Toronto and the Chicago White Sox after his 22-year playing career ended, last attended spring training in 1997.

Since then, baseball has entered the information age.

Front office officials in Chicago can watch batting practice in Mesa. Buckner spends more than an hour doing player reports after games and practices. Early on, Buckner said, he felt like he was spending too much time writing reports and not enough time working with players.

Video, which Buckner only watched late in his career, is prevalent, allowing hitters to break down their swings frame by frame, to compare their swings to big leaguers or get a look at opposing pitchers.

“It’s real sophisticated. Even on this level you can get all the statistics and video of opposing pitchers, even if it’s from college,” he said. “... It’s good for me and good for them.”

Buckner might want to put the video to use in another area — his golf game. Despite 12-hour days at the ballpark that often end around 5 p.m., he is getting to the course four or five times a week.

The extra time on the course hasn’t helped his scores all that much. In a springw of change — from his uniform tEo his look — some things have stayed the same.

“It’s still a work in progress,” Buckner said.

Brian Murphy: 377-6444

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Studders are a diamond dozen.

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Studders are a diamond dozen.
    So are misused idioms!

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

I bet those stutters are a dime a dozen, too !!

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    So are misused idioms!

Very true...lol