ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

Catching Hell, Steve Bartman tonight on espn

should be good, cubs got what they deserved, i still say alou wouldnt of caught the ball
    Points Awarded:

iifold gave ttwarrior1 30 SBR Point(s) for this post.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

leech to society, ttwarrior tonight on sbr

ttwarrior1

i just did 2 hours of habitat for humanity work today, and 1 hour at homeless shelter, im a good guy and citizen

Just did an hour on treadmill. chill out dude, gamble or handicap, and have fun. If you don't want to watch this on espn, then don't,

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Well said TT.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

my bad tt, ur right. uncalled for

i am watching this.
    Points Awarded:

WvGambler gave griz 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ttwarrior1

bill buckner on too

I always thought that was a bad hop he got
    Points Awarded:

WvGambler gave ttwarrior1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

What I find funny is the dude was a teacher. Wonder how many times he said, "Pay attention!" in class. That phrase went out the window that night.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

i feel like this is a documentary of sep 11. they are making it so spooky, like showing the location of people and how close they were to bartman. The cubs are chokers, this guy had nothing to do with why the cubs suck

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Is bartman dead?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    bill buckner on too

I always thought that was a bad hop he got
    Some say Mookie would have beaten it out if the ball was fielded cleanly.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

this is a pretty solid show

kramerthekid
    kramerthekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

i feel the worst for this guy, the look on his face just hurts. guy is a die hard fan and people make it like he threw the whole series for them when 10 other people were reaching for the ball

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Ha man this poor guy. Figures that my fantasy baseball matchup started going sour after I turned on the ESPN special. This guy received way too much crap. Plenty of other things to blame, just like with Buckner.

vinny89121
    vinny89121's Avatar Become A Pro!

they said he was a baseball coach and a lifetime cubs fan. how the heck did he not know what he was doing?

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Buckner is sympathetic for the kid... who woulda fukkin guessed

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    i feel like this is a documentary of sep 11. they are making it so spooky, like showing the location of people and how close they were to bartman. The cubs are chokers, this guy had nothing to do with why the cubs suck
    exactly.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had 5 bills on the cubs I'll never forget that game. No way the cubs lose that game I knew when it happend bad stuff would happen next you could feel it

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I thought it was really well done. I especially liked how they showed the play without the rest of the fans, and the one scene where it was just the ball and Moisthands Alou.

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

Well done ESPN... as a lifelong Cubs fan I'm always fascinated when the Bartman incident is discussed... Everyone has an opinion, however, at the end of the day there's always an "excuse" for the Cubs losing.... curses, Bartman etc. It's time to start shouting about where the blame really lies and thats with ownership & management, but as long as they're still seliing out games as losers the cash machine that is the Cubs franchise will never change.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave VegasVixen 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Stay classy chicago, bartman didnt throw the wild pitches or make the errors. Cub fans like the fact that they are losers, if they werent nobody would pay attention to them. Just like the national anthem at soldier a few weeks ago, chicago fans showed they are the most classless fans out there.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    i just did 2 hours of habitat for humanity work today, and 1 hour at homeless shelter, im a good guy and citizen

Just did an hour on treadmill. chill out dude, gamble or handicap, and have fun. If you don't want to watch this on espn, then don't,
    yes well said TT. I dont know why
    people give u shit. Except for using the word lock and being 0-3. "Lock" is a word that shouldnt be used lightly.

i saw some of that i am huge baseball fan played the game all my life and know a lot about baseball. But i feel bad for Bartman he just did what anybody who didnt really "know" baseball would do. He didnt know what he was doing. Its not his fault Mark Prior couldnt get the hitter out and it would have been an amazing play by Alou anyway.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If Babe Ruth played for the Cubs, he would be a loser too.

Just an organization with no chance @ sustained success.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Stay classy chicago, bartman didnt throw the wild pitches or make the errors. Cub fans like the fact that they are losers, if they werent nobody would pay attention to them. Just like the national anthem at soldier a few weeks ago, chicago fans showed they are the most classless fans out there.
    i'll agree about the classless cubs fans. but what about eagles fans that pelt opposing fans with batteries?

this movie was good (not as good as moneyball though which i saw last night). like the buckner play, this really wasn't the deciding point. that would go to alex gonzalez who screwed up a ball IN PLAY. and who was on the team GETTING PAID to help the cubs make the world series.

i like how they pointed out buckner was wearing a cubs batting glove and that the ball didn't go under his glove, his glove was too loose and closed next to the ball.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Has anyone ever had a funny feeling that something really weird is going to happen? I had that feeling just before this happened and also before the results of the Florida votes in the 2000 election.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha, I just have to laugh at any Philadelphia fan telling another city to "stay classy"

Cant make this stuff up
    Points Awarded:

I/O gave DrStale 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i'll agree about the classless cubs fans. but what about eagles fans that pelt opposing fans with batteries? this movie was good (not as good as moneyball though which i saw last night). like the buckner play, this really wasn't the deciding point. that would go to alex gonzalez who screwed up a ball IN PLAY. and who was on the team GETTING PAID to help the cubs make the world series. i like how they pointed out buckner was wearing a cubs batting glove and that the ball didn't go under his glove, his glove was too loose and closed next to the ball.
    We didnt pelt other fans with batteries, we threw them at JD drew, much deservedly too so get it right, they had JD drew battery night at the ballpark, what else are we supposed to do with them?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

alou woulda totally caught it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=3188917

and i believe the incident did effect the outcome because baseball is a game of rhythm and concentration. how many times have you seen a pitcher rolling along then an infielder boots an easy grounder and next thing you know they've scored bunch of runs? lots.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Haha, I just have to laugh at any Philadelphia fan telling another city to "stay classy" Cant make this stuff up
    Media blows it out of proportion with us and gets it wrong 99 outta 100 times. But we shut the fuk up when the national anthem is sang and dont blame our teams losses on a fan like a bunch of fukkin tarts.

DrStale

Media blows it out of proportion with us and gets it wrong 99 outta 100 times. But we shut the fuk up when the national anthem is sang and dont blame our teams losses on a fan like a bunch of fukkin tarts.
    Drunken fan intentionally vomits on an 11 year old girl

Cheering when Irvin appeared to have a serious injury

Hell you guys are so nuts they had to have a court and a jail installed inside Veterans stadium.

ttwarrior1

if i was sitting there, i would of caught it, of course because i take up more than 1 spot, but becaus im not a cubs fan so alou would of had no chance. Bartman didnt even try as hard as some for a foul ball.

Funny how bartman looks like jj gold with hair

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

In an interview last year Alou said he wouldnt of caught it even if bartman hadnt interfered

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Makes me proud to bleed green. Thanks for posting.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Is bartman dead?
    Yes he is... buried in a XXXL coffin with Steve Jobs and Rick Moranis.

DrStale

Makes me proud to bleed green. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks for proving my point. Most proud of intentionally vomiting on kids or hurling batteries at black people?

12 Last