BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

NFL is boring as Fk

Every year I used to look forward to Sunday when I could sit back and watch the 88 games in my lazyboy... This year, I found myself watching reruns of three's company until the second half....

I can't take, among other things, the fking 2 minute commercials anymore on Every Kick, EVERY change of possession, EVERY injury...

How could it be that I find BASEBALL has more flow to it??? and FAR better announcers... The armchair coaches in the booth are taking ridiculous to another level *Cough* John Gruden *Cough*...

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Being an Australian who only really started watching NFL/College Football in 2007, the constant commercial breaks took a lot of getting used to. I could not believe there would be a touchdown-->Ad break-->Team Kicks off for a touchback-->Ad Break-->Team takes a time out after a down or two-->Ad Break.

I'm used to it now so I don't mind as much.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea last night i watched a lot of baseball in between commercials. i think i actually watched more minutes of baseball, even though i watched all the plays. and ron jaworski gets very excited at the wrong times and pisses me off.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    Being an Australian who only really started watching NFL/College Football in 2007, the constant commercial breaks took a lot of getting used to. I could not believe there would be a touchdown-->Ad break-->Team Kicks off for a touchback-->Ad Break-->Team takes a time out after a down or two-->Ad Break.

I'm used to it now so I don't mind as

much.

you are correct sir. this is why i cant watch sports unless i am either drinking
    or have money on the game

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 344

That's why I just watch Redzone. I'd like to see how the ratings are for the football games now that more people have it.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Redzone you fool...stop your belly aching

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

I played football in high school and loved it... I love all sports... I even have a fking degree in sports mgmt... But I'm not sure its because I'm getting older or what... I used to HATE baseball, now I find it a peaceful, tranquil game that has a constant (all be it slower paced) flow.. but it DOES flow... Soccer flows... Hockey "can" flow... Basketball, I love, and when it flows it's great, but also can get dicey with fouls and such.. .

Football just has WAY, WAY too many stopping points where they talk about Nothing, or as Rubberkettle showed, watch replays, and watch stand around in or outside the huddle... Then wait... a RUNNING play... Up the middle... for 3 yards... Lets wait another minute to watch ANOTHER running play...

Like I said, 35 now, probably just being an old fart...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

I watched Australian Rules football the other day on TSN in Canada... WOW... I've watched it before, but THAT is a flowing game of guys beating each other up... there are also stoppages, but 90% action...

Hel as a Canadian I watch the CFL and it's about double the action at least... but it's a completely different game alltogether...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    yea last night i watched a lot of baseball in between commercials. i think i actually watched more minutes of baseball, even though i watched all the plays. and ron jaworski gets very excited at the wrong times and pisses me off.
    Jaws is an idiot... There are few "good" announcers/colour guys....

Michaels I like... Collinsworth I like... so I like 1 game a week...

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    That's why I just watch Redzone. I'd like to see how the ratings are for the football games now that more people have it.

Greatest sports invention ever. I'll never bother watching a regular network telecast from 1p-8p on Sundays again.