maikl10
    maikl10's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is my diagnosis?

I think about poker a lot, I read quite a bit here on these forums aswell as the latest Harrington book which I bought recently, I've watched training videos on deucescracked and cardrunners and so far I have profited since I started playing 2 years ago. I started out at 10NL and I never moved up, due to many reasons (travelling etc) but mostly because I just can't put in any volume. Not because I lack time, I work full-time but when I am off work I don't have anything that occupies my time except for excersising.

So, why do I not put in any volume? One reason might be that the way I handle tilt is to stop playing, I never spew off money (only when I play terribly, not because of tilt). Most of my sessions have atleast a few bad beats, which is standard. If I get KK pre and lose to AA, I don't tilt at all. 2 minutes later I pick up AA, get it in against QQ and lose, now I am slightly sad/tilted. Add one more bad beat to this and I call it a day and quit playing for the day or for a few days. What is my problem...?

I just want to not give a **** about studying/if the games are beatable/if my site is the 'best' one/if there still are fish for some time, since if I just put in enough volume I would get the answer to all these questions. And yes, my brain sucks, it worries about absolutely everything all the time.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Go make some money man

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

You are afraid of losing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOX1Hn-bw1k

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

U LACK A DISCIPLINE --- Train the mind, its the most powerful tool on earth.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

You don't have what it takes.

Most don't.

You're too concerned about short term results.

AA loses to QQ sometimes.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

To be successfull at any form of gambling especially poker you have to have a certain disrespect for money. Finding the middle ground is what you have to do . In poker you have something called variance and a theoretical hold on each individual hand. Like anything if you continue to put yourself in profitable situation you will inevitably come out on top . I never tilt no matter how bad the beat because of this mindset. If your ready to go on tilt after a couple of bad beats then you are playing above your bankroll limit and i dont care how successfull youve been in the past. I play 90% of the time at 2/5 and 5/10 nl and if my bankroll was 20k and i lost 3k in 1 night i would probably be tilting as well. Buying in with more than 2% of your bankroll will put you in a position to ride out the bad beats.*

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Disturbing.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

I think this guy has it down

everyone goes on tilt

but if you have the strength to get up from the table and walk out the door when you see the tilt coming, then you are smart and in control of your emotions

me? i can feel the tilt coming and I know Im gonna fukc up but I can never seem to stop myself from chasing

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Yes, I do remember seeing you now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZFCYRpm7a8