ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

why bother issuing an apology???? toledo/cuse

i know this has been discussed but here was the apology i knew would be issued

After the game the Big East released this statement in regards to the play: "After studying the videos of the Syracuse extra point attempt at 2:07 of the fourth quarter, we have concluded that the ruling on the field that the kick passed between the uprights was incorrect, and that the replay official made an error in failing to reverse that ruling. In reviewing the video, we have determined that the angle from behind the kicking team shows conclusively that the ball passes outside the right upright.
    "Our review of the process determined that the replay official mistakenly focused his attention on the sideline angle, which proved to be distorted. We are confident that our officiating staff will learn from this situation in order to prevent a reoccurrence."

take your ******* sorry ass apology and shove it up your butt...

what good does it do...

and the refs looked at it from the wrong angle? wtf they have a million angles, and the guy looks at it from the worst one

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

i dont get how they can change the usc score but cant fix this, the game should have been over.
    Last edited by brooks85; 09-25-11 at 12:20 AM.

ebbearsfb1

they will say it was different conferences each has their own rules.. and that its not reasonable because they would need to start it from 2 minutes left.

aka more money was on toledo, and utah ... so if we can **** em **** em

asianfootballs
    asianfootballs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The fix was in. It doesn't matter.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

game should not count. wipe it off the records. it was ruined.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Even if they reverse it or replayed the game, the ruling on the field is what counts for the books. Phantom extra point... that's a bad beat.

ldog74
    ldog74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

Their has always been questions about Toledo and "interesting" outcomes/calls. I stay away from Toledo games because of this.

postal warrior
    postal warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

How the hell can u watch a replay of and extra point and f that up? Seriously.

ebbearsfb1

even if you had cuse today, you would have to say your are just lucky, and that it was a horrible call

i just dont get with all the technolgy we have today.. how you screw it up

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by asianfootballs View Post
    The fix was in. It doesn't matter.

was a terrible beat for a lot of gamblers...but i doubt it had anything to do with a fix. cuse had just taken the lead by 2 if i understood right and missed the xtra point with like 2 minutes left. if it is fixed they just make sure toledo doesn't get into scoring position on the last drive...call holding or whatever else they want to do. you don't draw national attention to your crappy game fix with something you know will be reviewed. i could see it being a fix if the kick was for cuse to tie the game...but they still had the lead with a miss and the game could have been controlled. i have seen them get it wrong over and over on replay...though this was the worst i have seen. anyone remember oklahoma\oregon a few years back?...pretty bad too but had nothing to do with gambling. i know everything feels like a fix when you have money on it...but i feel it is just terrible officials. i sit and watch games every weekend decided by officials...though if it is not on the last play or really blatant nobody says anything. ncaa really needs to have some sort of action they can take against bad officials in foots and bball. if i don't do my job i don't get paid...and after a while i don't have one anymore. these guys are just too focused on the money rolling in to care anything about these kids fighting their butts off only to be cheated out of a win. btw...i had no money on either team and these are just my thoughts. sorry to all who lost money on it...it was wrong.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Toledo was Langed.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by ldog74 View Post
    Their has always been questions about Toledo and "interesting" outcomes/calls. I stay away from Toledo games because of this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ8KASo8V8Y

recent toledo point shaving scandal

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Gamblers took a beat yes, but what about these kids.. Toledo got a rough schedule as it is, and you got to rob them like that. Not sure If I agree with a fix, tho I feel like in NBA there are fixed games not that there aren't in football either, but I think it was just lousy or prideful official.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lost a crap load of money thanks to the crooked refs.

it was such a blatant fix that the replay official should be hanged from the goal posts.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    was a terrible beat for a lot of gamblers...but i doubt it had anything to do with a fix. cuse had just taken the lead by 2 if i understood right and missed the xtra point with like 2 minutes left. if it is fixed they just make sure toledo doesn't get into scoring position on the last drive...call holding or whatever else they want to do. you don't draw national attention to your crappy game fix with something you know will be reviewed. i could see it being a fix if the kick was for cuse to tie the game...but they still had the lead with a miss and the game could have been controlled. i have seen them get it wrong over and over on replay...though this was the worst i have seen. anyone remember oklahoma\oregon a few years back?...pretty bad too but had nothing to do with gambling. i know everything feels like a fix when you have money on it...but i feel it is just terrible officials. i sit and watch games every weekend decided by officials...though if it is not on the last play or really blatant nobody says anything. ncaa really needs to have some sort of action they can take against bad officials in foots and bball. if i don't do my job i don't get paid...and after a while i don't have one anymore. these guys are just too focused on the money rolling in to care anything about these kids fighting their butts off only to be cheated out of a win. btw...i had no money on either team and these are just my thoughts. sorry to all who lost money on it...it was wrong.
    what about the phantom block in the back on the td kickoff return? the fix was in.

but ive seen some of the worst calls involving mac teams. seen a ref pointing and throwing a flag at a non existing penalty to try and save a team on 4th down for example. even the commentators wondered if he had money on the game.

these clowns need to be investigated and fired.

rofacapper
    rofacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Another reason why college replays suck. This takes it to the next level though. I don't think it was fixed, but it's weird that Syracuse has had this happen twice in the last few games (ridiculous celebration penalty in the bowl game last year vs. Kansas State gave Cuse the win and cover).

ebbearsfb1

cuse should just move to the mac conference,

cant wait for the big east to be disbanded.. they cant official the right way anyway

ebbearsfb1

and what really sucks is, why does it always have to be my biggest bets?
    every friggin time i bet big, something shady happens in games

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is one of these plays you can't justify. Everyone saw it was a bad call and they still didn't get it right. If the game was not televised or there was no replay crew reviewing 24 camera angles in the booth you can make a case it was human error and they missed it. But when they have so much technology in their hands and they still miss it it's deliberate.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

mobed up fukkin game , got me good had 2* on them btp. lost my as