downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

[SBRFORUM][/SBRFORUM]
    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    No I asked why the Royal Flush winnings were not included and no one gave me an answer but I didn't complain because the people who make the rules are dumb.

The royal flush winnings are not included because this is being drawn from a poker tournament leaderboard. The Royal FLush winnings were not won in any sort of tournament. They were won in a check down fest where everyone sat around and attempted to draw a royal(I was fortunate to be at table where one was dealt). Everyone at table won. That would be like someone saying I won a bunch of points at the ring game and want them included in the standing as well. Its a tournament leaderboard, like it or not it applies only to tournament style poker.

This is SBRs first year running poker, poker promos and such so obviously there will be pluses and minuses to most things they do. They will make adjustments for the future, even next year. You gotta give them some slack for year one even if there are some things that you do not like. Everybody cannot walk away happy.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    they can always do ANOTHER tournament
    Exactly.
    Just because they're doing this one doesn't mean they couldn't have a couple more, at least one more at the end of the year. I still would like to see a tourney based on number of cashes in addition to this though.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

nice

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

It's a great format. There will always be a one-off situation. Look at Fuzzy, he wins the trip to play in the WSOP by beating a qualifying field of 400. How many points was that feat worth? zippo. Will Fuzzy get a special 1st round bye? no.(doesn't complain either btw)

The top SBR top 100 Players Championship will be a yearly event and so will the Ryder Cup and the trip to Las Vegas complete with a $10,000 seat at the WSOP. Will they be perfect formats? Hopefully but there will be a Fuzzy or two most likely. One thing is for sure, they will be a lot of fun and very rewarding. Play well my friends(said in my most interesting man in the world voice)

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    It's a great format. There will always be a one-off situation. Look at Fuzzy, he wins the trip to play in the WSOP by beating a qualifying field of 400. How many points was that feat worth? zippo. Will Fuzzy get a special 1st round bye? no.(doesn't complain either btw)

The top SBR top 100 Players Championship will be a yearly event and so will the Ryder Cup and the trip to Las Vegas complete with a $10,000 seat at the WSOP. Will they be perfect formats? Hopefully but there will be a Fuzzy or two most likely. One thing is for sure, they will be a lot of fun and very rewarding. Play well my friends(said in my most interesting man in the world voice)

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

The royal flush winnings are not included because this is being drawn from a poker tournament leaderboard. The Royal FLush winnings were not won in any sort of tournament. They were won in a check down fest where everyone sat around and attempted to draw a royal(I was fortunate to be at table where one was dealt). Everyone at table won. That would be like someone saying I won a bunch of points at the ring game and want them included in the standing as well. Its a tournament leaderboard, like it or not it applies only to tournament style poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

This is SBRs first year running poker, poker promos and such so obviously there will be pluses and minuses to most things they do. They will make adjustments for the future, even next year. You gotta give them some slack for year one even if there are some things that you do not like. Everybody cannot walk away happy.

when the royal flush promotions first started, tournament royals were included.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Since there's such an issue of whether points or cashes is more important, how about top 20 points vs. top 20 total cashes. If they overlap it goes to points team.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think its an awesome tourney SBR, my only complaint would be the rollover for those not finishing 1st. The championship should be straight point prizes, no R/O in my small opinion.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Great idea, if you wanted to get me into the poker room - you win.

JACK MATZ
    JACK MATZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2213

How about some bracelets! Even if they are just silver or some cheap metal that would be cool.
    Maybe a few events too. Heads up NL, Omaha, 6 max NL, SitNgo shootout, ect....

Have a series and let players buy in...

SBR ONLINE POKER WORLD SERIES!!!!!

Either way, Thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aggieshawn

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Should not have given anyone a bye then the complaining would be a lot less.

Or make top 10 in points won and top 10 most cashes as a qualifyer.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Ok Lou

once again you are always right and for some reason never listen to what some are saying

but you are correct we had no shot at the top 10.

case closed

for god sakes close yur mouth bigdaddy. what does that mean that if i had known i would have played the tourneys more seriously . what so if you played 100 percent you would have won most of em ? why the fuk would you not play 100 percent you are still playing for points . as for the ryder cup counting you should not bitch about that either cuz you are +2500 pts ahead because of what you won in february. if ryder cup shouldn't count then that should not either.
    Last edited by Wulfman14; 09-24-11 at 07:41 AM.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    The top 100-200-500-152158487 are all based on one thing - SBR Poker Tournaments.

You can argue that you would've turned into Phil Ivey had you known one day your finishes would've mattered, but at the end of the day, you play to win. I don't think any of the squeaky wheels had a shot at the top 10, anyway.

good one

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    correct

it was not announced early on.

i know i won a early event that qualified me for what i was trying to get into and messed around after that until i found out it meant something going forward.
    ROFL

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

Sure he beat a qualifying field of 400. Do you realize since that promotion went for 3 months prior to the final event and every single person who played qualified since winning a tourney wasn't required to play at final event? So he basically won the equivalent of a regular Saturday afternoon tourney where everyone can play. You have a way of sugarcoating things I have never seen anyone doing before.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11099

This contest doesn't involve me

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Darn, wish I'd been treating daily poker more seriously, usually just try risky double ups early rather than waste an hour playing and blinding out in 15th. About 2k off top20, hrrrrm.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51409

Sounds great to me, thanks SBR!

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Granted I am biased, due to some large winnings early on, but does the poker circuit or whatever its called exclude winnings from the wsop main event when calculating a players money won for the year? Does the PGA exclude tournaments like The Masters and The US Open which have larger purses than the other tournaments from their calculations of the "money list" ?

Qualifying for the Poker Championship earlier this year was a tough feat, having to beat out a field of 45, just to earn an entry. That shouldn't be marginalized.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by JACK MATZ View Post
    How about some bracelets! Even if they are just silver or some cheap metal that would be cool.
    Maybe a few events too. Heads up NL, Omaha, 6 max NL, SitNgo shootout, ect....

Have a series and let players buy in...

SBR ONLINE POKER WORLD SERIES!!!!!

Either way, Thanks
    i like the idea
    at least i won one of theose torunaments in feb.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Granted I am biased, due to some large winnings early on, but does the poker circuit or whatever its called exclude winnings from the wsop main event when calculating a players money won for the year? Does the PGA exclude tournaments like The Masters and The US Open which have larger purses than the other tournaments from their calculations of the "money list" ?

Qualifying for the Poker Championship earlier this year was a tough feat, having to beat out a field of 45, just to earn an entry. That shouldn't be marginalized.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you hit the nail

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you hit the nail
    Wow, I just can't believe you'd agree with that. Go figure.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent point.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51409

Even though this system works out well for me, I honestly do not really agree with it in principle. Giving preference to those at the top is rewarding those who did well in a very select group of tournaments (namely the February ones). Given we have had like 6 months of tournaments, I would favor something that judges how people have done over a long period without any preference to any specific month.

As for the Masters' argument etc. and all that - well I look at this way. If you look at the WSOP all time highest $ earners, Jamie Gold is certainly amongst them simply due to his performance in a single event. Is he, however, one of the best poker players out there in anyone's (including his own) estimation? If the goal of this system is to award the "best" players out there, I think that example clearly demonstrates that it doesn't necessarily do that.

Again, this isn't meant as a complaint or anything - obviously this system works in my favor so I like it in that regard! But I can see why others who may have been very good performers overall, just happening not to do well in February, could be frustrated by it.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Again, this isn't meant as a complaint or anything - obviously this system works in my favor so I like it in that regard! But I can see why others who may have been very good performers overall, just happening not to do well in February, could be frustrated by it.
    The feedback is certainly welcomed and encouraged.

We'll also have a tournament for the players with a minimum # of cashes required prior to year's end. Then next year we'll continue to track how well players do both in terms of points generated and frequency of cashes. That way, it's the best of both worlds.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

why can't the top 40 qualify automatically for the final?

so Number 21 is screwed ?

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

anyway the timing is wayyyyy off for me , don't think i'd be playing .
    4am Nov 5 , 5am Nov 12 .

guessed i wouldn't be rolling over 3X of 10,000 points lol .
    Last edited by aceking; 09-25-11 at 09:43 AM.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    anyway the timing is wayyyyy off for me , don't think i'd be playing .
    4am Nov 5 , 6am Nov 12 .

guessed i wouldn't be rolling over 3X of 10,000 points lol .
    no rollover for first place

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

The problem with your PGA analogy and this is why it doesn't apply to SBR Poker is that SBR Poker only had one tourney where the purses where so high (lets call it The Masters). Where was the US Open, The British Open and The PGA championship with their equal high purses? Nowhere.

So you are paying all the golfers who finished good in The Masters high purses but the ones who finished good in all the other tourneys get John Deer Classic purses. If SBR poker had 3 more purses equivalent to the February tourney it would have been fine but since it didn't the current system is flawed.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Make sure and start the points leaderboard over though on Jan 1st.

I would think that all players would have to be SBRPROS as well. I mean if they are not depositing cash into your sponsors, then why should you give them points? Most of us are depositing money every month into your sponsors

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

How about offer byes to everyone who has deposited at least $500 per month into your sponsors? NOW THAT WILL INCREASE THE POSTUPS AT BOOKS!! I already deposit that much if not more per month. Well some months I do cash out a few thousand, so those months wouldnt have a deposit

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

not really, sure the big tourneys may pay more, but not but such a margin.

Maybe some tourney only pay 70% or 80% of the winnings of the big ones, but not the 6%-10% with the poker tourneys ran.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    How about offer byes to everyone who has deposited at least $500 per month into your sponsors? NOW THAT WILL INCREASE THE POSTUPS AT BOOKS!! I already deposit that much if not more per month. Well some months I do cash out a few thousand, so those months wouldnt have a deposit
    how about instead you try not losing so much.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The problem with your PGA analogy and this is why it doesn't apply to SBR Poker is that SBR Poker only had one tourney where the purses where so high (lets call it The Masters). Where was the US Open, The British Open and The PGA championship with their equal high purses? Nowhere.

So you are paying all the golfers who finished good in The Masters high purses but the ones who finished good in all the other tourneys get John Deer Classic purses. If SBR poker had 3 more purses equivalent to the February tourney it would have been fine but since it didn't the current system is flawed.
    ACTUALLY. whoever wins this weeks tournament, the tour championship in atlanta essentially wins the Fed ex overall leader standings and gets the inflated 7500000 dollars prize for winning AND the 10,000,000$ prize for taking the fedex cup because this tournament at east lake is worth so many points.

what a pertinent coincidence.

roundcake
    roundcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

interesting

First 123456 Last