View Poll Results: So do you brag to your friends/coworkers that you gamble?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-they know I am a degen

9 45.00%
  • No-they don't know I am a degen

9 45.00%
  • I am a degen, but I still don't want to confess

2 10.00%
    JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

So do you brag to your friends/coworkers that you gamble on sports? Poll!

....and then they find out how big of a hamburger degen you are when you lose on a play?
    I'll be honest, me as a young dumb stud, when I first started gambling on sports......I sure did. Boy, my friends thought I was the biggest degen in the world when I told them my play 4 hours before game time. I showed them my ticket and all and then we sat down and watch the game just to see it get lose by the hook. Now I know how JJ feels carrying that spreadsheet and walking around the forum like he has the biggest rooster hanging below his belly button. But geez, ever since I started bragging to my friends about a play, they would start betting with me and fading me. They aren't even gamblers but I still came out as a loser. Holy shit man! I never felt like hiding from my friends on Monday night football. Biggest degen in the world right here guys.

Anyways, anyone remember the movie, "Owning Mahowny"??? Almost at the begining of the movie Mahowny is walking with his friend and talking about the double date they are going to and that if things don't go well, they can still watch the NCAAB game and root for North Carolina-1.5. So basically, Mahowny is doing what this thread is all about and then his friend witnesses the whole thing how Mahowny is nothing but a hamburger. Great movie! Based on a true SBR degen stories and more to come!

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Nah, I don't mention it unless the subject comes up. When it comes to my family they like to guilt trip me for the next six months if they know I'm still wagering on sports.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I just told my friend to take Chiefs+15

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

It has been my experience that if you tell a girl you gamble a lot, they will fukk you, but not marry or seriously date you.

thejanitor
    thejanitor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1779

Am I degen if while watching that movie I was just as nervous and glued to the TV as Mahowny was during the NC free throws? And felt just as dejected as he felt when they did not cover?

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

My girl told me straight up she doesn't like it and to be careful. I'm not betting anywhere near thousands or even a few hundreds on games though so I don't consider myself a complete degen.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

My girl's dad is a true degen. May even be a member of this site. He never had a job and denied she was his kid until she was 16. He is professinal gambler. So she gets kinda pissed when I gamble and spend majority of weekends drinking and watching games i wagered on.

Friends fade me cause Im really not a good gambler, but nothing is better than a victory when your friends fade you.

Started gambling January 2011 after seeing SBR's own Brock Landers rubberband thread. Life is a lot more fun now than last year when I was watching these games with no action.

Cheers

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was hanging out with one girl, and it got to the point where she would get pissy if I brought my phone in the bar with me cuz all I did was check scores every 5 minutes

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yeah I do, but I leave out the games where I lose.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

talking is usually not a good idea either you look bad or make people jealous and want to rob you

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

No

I tell them get off my dick

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Quote Originally Posted by RGG View Post
    Yeah I do, but I leave out the games where I lose.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Yeah most of my friends and family know, not scured to hide it.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Nah, not anymore.

People ask too many questions and then fukkin cheer for you to lose.

Human nature