itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Is this scenario possible with the conference realignments

We may finally get a playoff out of the BCS after it's all said and done! As of today we have the following moves

- Texas aiming for the Pac 12

- Texas A&M and possibly Mizzou/West Virginia and others (Oklahoma and Okie State) to the SEC for 16

- Nebraska set up shop in Big Ten

- Big Ten still needs a 12th team to have a conference championship game

- Big East is a failure anyway

- TCU concerned about it's move already

- Boise is still just Boise out there

- ACC is emerging with Florida St and Va Tech and Clemson

So here is an idea - keep in mind that current BCS is up for evaluation in 2013, which will now be an issue with all the moves and restructuring...leaves next year to see how it settles down before meeting.

Let's end up with 4 Super Conferences - the top 2 teams (8 total) play their conference's championship game in Dec like the SEC and ACC do now - this will be a quarter final (down to 4 teams) - these will now play to determine the semifinal matchup - then those winners get the matchup in the Championship on the field, no voters and no computers.

TEXAS OREGON ALABAMA ALABAMA
    OREGON FLORIDA

CHAMPIONSHIP

NEBRASKA VS ALABAMA

NEBRASKA NEBRASKA VA TECH VA TECH
    OHIO STATE OKLAHOMA

I've also thought of 3 Super Conferences with one or two major outliers to include the Boises and TCUs of the world......they could fight it out in the traditional season long battles and have their own conference representative in the big show.

Let's face it, we all know the power structure in college football, both revenue from TV and on the field product, is consolidating.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Okay the text format above was submitted like a bracket, obviously didn't work....but you boys and girls can figure it out....

8 teams play it out to get to the one big game.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

There will be 4 super conferences of 16 teams for football. They will tell the NCAA to go to hell. They will have the 4 conference champions play to determine the NC. They will pay players.

I really don't understand why they are pussyfooting around. Texas ain't gonna be allowed to join any of these conferences and keep their $300 million from the Longhorn Network without sharing it will all conference members. I would applaud happily if these conferences told Notre Dame and Texas to get in where you fit in and share revenue or go play in Division 1AA.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    There will be 4 super conferences of 16 teams for football. They will tell the NCAA to go to hell. They will have the 4 conference champions play to determine the NC. They will pay players.

I really don't understand why they are pussyfooting around. Texas ain't gonna be allowed to join any of these conferences and keep their $300 million from the Longhorn Network without sharing it will all conference members. I would applaud happily if these conferences told Notre Dame and Texas to get in where you fit in and share revenue or go play in Division 1AA.
    Exactly

Notre Dame skates by playing Big East basketball and no 'actual' conference in football even though they schedule 3 Big East teams each year but no commitment.....insanity.
    Last edited by itchypickle; 09-21-11 at 09:21 PM.