It’s a curveball most Yankee fans wouldn’t mind throwing at a member of the Red Sox.

Hours before taking the mound for the reeling Sox last night, Boston starter Erik Bedard was served with papers in a child-support case by a pinstripe-wearing, lifelong Yankee fan.

Bedard was slapped with the court papers from Massachusetts Probate and Family Court at Fenway Park at 3 p.m. by Tom Cabral, who was acting on behalf of Bedard’s ex-girlfriend, Courtney Roberts.

“The Red Sox were very cooperative,” Cabral said. “They asked me if I could serve these tomorrow because he was starting tonight. My position was, ‘My client wants it served today, and that’s what I have to do.’ ”

Cabral didn’t bother to hide the fact that he was a Yankee fan. In fact, he proudly wore a Yankee shirt while he served Bedard.

“When I walked in, I was like, ‘I’m a Yankees fan, but I’m not trying to [give you a hard time],’ ” Cabral said. “I told him that and said, ‘Sorry, I’ve got to do this.’ But he said it was no problem. I handed him the copies of all the documents and he signed them.

“[The Red Sox] legal department was joking with me about it. they were saying, ‘That’s why you’re so adamant about doing it today -- you’re a Yankees fan.’ ”

Bedard and Roberts initially came to an agreement in December 2006, when Bedard was coming off a season in which he made $1.4 million for the Orioles. Since then, however, Roberts has been trying to have the amount raised as his salary has increased.

Bedard was knocked out in the third inning last night, as the Orioles beat the Sox, 7-5.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/y...#ixzz1YcibPn2u