seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Being a Whistleblowere? Anyone ever been one before at their job(s)?

Serious question here. Has anyone here ever been The "Whistleblower" at their job(s)? Was it worth it? Any benefits? Wish you had not done it? Details please. If you have to message me to tell me still do it. Thanks.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Stop snitchin
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Never.

I mind my own business. Phags & bitches blow things.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Snitches get stiches.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Are you saying keeping quiet at all times is best? No matter what is going on? I know not to work with you guys.

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

before JJ answers.. you may want to explain you don't mean your whistle

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Summer camp 1998. I'll always remember the struggles I had within myself that year. Tough decisions to make, tough indeed.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Never had time for whistle blowing. Too busy kicking ass.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Never had time for whistle blowing. Too busy kicking ass.
    I like that.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

Whistleblower on what? Examine all of the pros and cons and the possible consequences and their likelihood to determine if it benefits you. Might want to talk to a lawyer first too.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

depends of whats going on

if its an enron type thing where management is getting fat while screwing over the employees and shareholders then definitely

if its just some guying have sex with the company goat/mascot then mind your own business

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

You know what they say sir.

Snitches are a dying breed

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Details.

If your boss is finger banging the 17 year old secretary, and you're next in line for his position. Go ahead.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I will fess up though. When I was a caddy @ a local golf course, the rules were that all caddies shared tips evenly. I found out someone was not turning in his whole share, and I put him on blast in front of my co-workers. He was taking money out of other pockets, so I felt justified.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

if it's someone taking extra minutes for lunch or not wearing the right professional clothes then i would do it, but for something small i would let it slide.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I will fess up though. When I was a caddy @ a local golf course, the rules were that all caddies shared tips evenly. I found out someone was not turning in his whole share, and I put him on blast in front of my co-workers. He was taking money out of other pockets, so I felt justified.

8th grade, some kid stole money out of a wallet at gym glass. I saw him doing it, somehow I got blamed for it. I said no it was that kid. They found the money on the other kid.

I didn't receive any stitches.

Weird saying.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    depends of whats going on

if its an enron type thing where management is getting fat while screwing over the employees and shareholders then definitely

if its just some guying have sex with the company goat/mascot then mind your own business
    I could care less who is screwing the company goat, secretary, or janitor. This is more like an Enron situation and gross mismanagement that could put the company out of business.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    if it's someone taking extra minutes for lunch or not wearing the right professional clothes then i would do it, but for something small i would let it slide.
    Well that's different than I was referring to above however, I would agree with your sentiments in regards to the small stuff. But if it was an escalating/snowballing type situation then I feel it would have to be brought to managements attention if it was causing you a much heavier workload. Other than those reasons I could really care less if it didn't effect me at all.

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

You will have to prove everything, can't be a he said she said thing. Must be very much on the uppity up. Have a friend, that just went through it with a large government contractor. He found his ass locked up for four days with an Air Force Colonel going through invoices. He has proven his case, now the DOJ has it, and they will determine how much money he will receive. Should be around 1.5-2 million dollars in his pocket, but probably will not see it for 4-7 years. It has been a emotional roller coaster for him, he doesn't care about the money, he owns his own company and has plenty. His objective was to prove that big business have been fukking the government for years and he wanted to prove it and did..........
    Just some info from a friend who is experiencing it first hand.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS MICKEY View Post
    You will have to prove everything, can't be a he said she said thing. Must be very much on the uppity up. Have a friend, that just went through it with a large government contractor. He found his ass locked up for four days with an Air Force Colonel going through invoices. He has proven his case, now the DOJ has it, and they will determine how much money he will receive. Should be around 1.5-2 million dollars in his pocket, but probably will not see it for 4-7 years. It has been a emotional roller coaster for him, he doesn't care about the money, he owns his own company and has plenty. His objective was to prove that big business have been fukking the government for years and he wanted to prove it and did..........
    Just some info from a friend who is experiencing it first hand.
    Good information. I am not trying to make millions, just trying to temper the corruption for a while. I have proof, but so did the prosecutors for OJ and Casey. Just wanted to hear something like that to see what happens when regular people do extraordinary things like take a stand and not be affraid because everyone else is.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Do not try and be a hero. If you shine a light on currupt practices you will get no more than a handshake. If you are trying to make a pure altruistic decision, then sure. Although in the long run it probably will not do much more than make yo fel better.