Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it good luck to watch the games you bet on?

Sometimes I feel like if i watch a game my team will win. Anybody else feel like that?

Then i've heard other guys say it's too stressful and they can't control the outcome so they don't watch the games they bet on.

Then there are times I will spend 4 hours watching a game only to lose money.... and afterwards I'm like why the fukk didn't I just chill at the pool

what are your thoughts on this?

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

No, it just makes you more of a degenerate.

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

I don't watch games, just keep track of the score.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I know that nothing that I do will change the outcome of the game, but I still enjoy watching the games that I bet on. I also don't bet large portions of my bankroll, so a loss isn't going to phase me at all.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Damn i've been feeling this lately to not watch these games, but for me i at times will not watch and then at times when im bored i will watch. Honestly i would rather myself not even watch these games hopefully i can do it all the time, your right sometimes it is stressful. But to think about it i don't even know why i would let myself get stressed for 1 game cause win or lose 1 game wont hurt me at all ever, i think its just the mental thing when your watching these games.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

soccer i always watch. In MLb, if im on the udner i watch,a nd if im on the over i watch until 4th inning.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

It is bad luck, confirmed.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Is it bad luck to promise a reward for a 4 team parlay and not come through with your end of the deal?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

more entertaining if i watch IMO, dont think its good or bad luck. some betting too much on a game will find it more stressful. also feel like a have a better feel of a team if i see them play live.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I dont watch my baseball bets. I like to watch my bets on other sports, not because of my bets, but because I like watching soccer, hockey, basketball, and rugby.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

I watch. I bet for the feeling I get (win or lose) when i have cash on a game and am watching it live.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Given a choice, I'd rather just find the score at a time when I know the game is over. Putting yourself through a few hours ups and downs just isn't worth it. It's not as though your good vibes can be transmitted through the TV to the players, when you're screaming for your team to do something, they can't hear you.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Probably bad luck. I get so nervous watching though.

imp4pdabest
    imp4pdabest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by rubberkettle View Post
    no, it just makes you more of a degenerate.
    this

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

so many ups and downs ....

there have been times that my team in baseball has been winning going into the 9th and gives up 4 runs to lose , really hard not to break something when that happens.

the absolute worst is if you are betting on a game and then pass out before it's over and the wake up at 3am heart pounding wondering who the hell won and then you rush to your computer to check the score only to find out the team you bet on lost! This has happened to me soo many times, almost every time i pass out during the game and wake up to check the score my team has lost.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I go to the massage parlor when I've bet on a bigger than usual game....come out an hr or so into it and hope that its winning.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watch only if your side is runnin a serious train on their ass....