Betpoints: 6495

yea bomb it to salas, he woulda caught it no doubt

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Someone find that Herm Edwards clip

Points Awarded:

SBR Lou gave RealSlimShady 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

a bunch of quitters...

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17879

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I feel bad for Rams fans......they have a great young qb to build around, but obviously the biggest pussy in the league as their headcoach.......Spags will never win a superbowl because its obvious he is either clueless or doesn't have a real killer instinct
    Agreed!!!!!

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

Rams had the under 44.5 lol

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

because rams want to bury paco and brandon lang..

great job rams..

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

no one that bet on the rams had any idea on the rams team, they did not watch game one, they just thought "eli manning sucks, i ll take the points with the rams", but did not see what i saw in game one at st. louis against the eagles. the rams have all kinds of players who can't catch or tackle. and sam bradford is a pussy. the rams are just awful, and you have to know a little about the team you put money on.

daimoshokage

Fukking idiots.. RAMS punted on that play because they don't want to injure their players on a meaningless play.. They don't give a fukk about the line you fukks..

Fukking squares complaining about this shit is fukking annoying..

mrlegend28
    mrlegend28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 440

maybe they didnt want their QB getting sacked again?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

I agree w/ what you're saying, it's a gay move.

Realistically, he didn't want to stare at maybe a 19-pt loss, 12 was ok with him. Save face.

The only justifiable coaching comment he could make is that...the injury risk of jump ball wasn't worth trying. Doesn't jive. He knew game was over, he made the pussy call.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You know what the conversion rate on 4th and long on a team on the road is in the NFL? 10%
    That's a moot point under the circumstances though, Rams had nothing to lose by going for it and everything to gain. Sure, there was like a 0.0005 percent chance of getting the first down, scoring quickly and then recovering an onside, but ANY chance is better than 0% chance, which is what the Rams gave themselves by punting.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by mrlegend28 View Post
    maybe they didnt want their QB getting sacked again?
    That's what I'm alluding to. There is an injury risk, and Spags just said "Fukk it, I want a beer."

ChuckyTheGoat

It's sort of like Fisher milking the clock vs Indy last yr. Score on the last play, lose by 2, cover +3 but ensure that u lose outright.

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    That's a moot point under the circumstances though, Rams had nothing to lose by going for it and everything to gain. Sure, there was like a 0.0005 percent chance of getting the first down, scoring quickly and then recovering an onside, but ANY chance is better than 0% chance, which is what the Rams gave themselves by punting.

Not true LT. Ross could of muffed the punt (which he should of been directed not to field, but that's another issue). I saw Michigan State do something similar Sat. They had the ball down 2 scores with about 2 minutes left and down timeouts. They punted from midfield. Believe it or not, the punt retutner actually fumbled the ball and Michigan State recovered. I couldn't even believe it. Michigan State then subsequently an end zone pick, but again another story..... I've seen what Spags did many time before in the NFL

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    It's sort of like Fisher milking the clock vs Indy last yr. Score on the last play, lose by 2, cover +3 but ensure that u lose outright.
    Oh God, I lost my ass on that game!!! Don't remind me!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post
    Not true LT. Ross could of muffed the punt (which he should of been directed not to field, but that's another issue). I saw Michigan State do something similar Sat. They had the ball down 2 scores with about 2 minutes left and down timeouts. They punted from midfield. Believe it or not, the punt retutner actually fumbled the ball and Michigan State recovered. I couldn't even believe it. Michigan State then subsequently an end zone pick, but again another story..... I've seen what Spags did many time before in the NFL
    I understand that and all, but you would have a better chance throwing the ball down field and either getting a catch for a first down, or a pass interference call to move the ball.

LT Profits

Yes but you have more control of the situation by drawing up a play then by relying on the opposing team to be boneheaded.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

that was a joke. lost all respect for the rams lmao.

must've rang up jeff fisher's celly for some advice before 4th down

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

There are only 2 logical explanations, depends on which one you want to believe, i know which one i do.

1. Knowing that their chances of scoring an 80 yard TD on 4th and a miracle, recovering the ensuing onside kick and again scoring on a hail marry with no timeouts or deep threat receivers, were slim to none, they decided to concede the game, rather than have a WR tear his knee going for a jump ball or have Bradford get a concussion or dislocated elbow going for a tackle on a likely INT return or sack.

2. The call came in from the powers that be to do that play. If the Rams get the miracle touchdown or throw an INT, or fumble it away there you get the possibility for an easy 6 points and those points fuk with both the total and the spread in this game.

Being a pussy has nothing to do with it. It was either a forced decision from upstairs or an intelligent decision for the health of the team already banged up. Hell 7-9 won the division last year, they know all they have to do is win their divisional games and steal one or two at home.

daimoshokage

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    paco's favorite game of all time!!!

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

The real question should be, "why did I bet on the rams?"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: daimoshokage

daimoshokage

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    The real question should be, "why did I bet on the rams?"
    Because Player Talk is full of SQUARES and HAMBURGERS..

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

You guys should be all over Baltimore this week then????????

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Nothing to lose? They already lost their starting RB, starting #1 WR and punt returner and the back up RB wasn't moving the ball and the QB was sacked a ton and playing with injured finger.

Here is an idea. Lets try a 10% play so we can cover the spread and risk more injury to our team who has to play divisional games later to try and win the division.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Fukking idiots.. RAMS punted on that play because they don't want to injure their players on a meaningless play.. They don't give a fukk about the line you fukks..

daimoshockage please change your avatar .... the girl is creepy. BTW if you bet the Rams you are not a square....

If you bet the Rams you thought you were being slick and going with the "Sharp" play. Sometimes if it looks to easy .... it is. But you know I actually bet 88 points on Rams ML

only b/c Paco made such a huge play on it... i figured he had inside info but i couldn't bet real money on the Rams.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

also- why didnt they go for 2 when they made it 16-28 in the 4th. they would have needed scores of 8 and 3 to tie it with an 11-point deficit instead of 6+ and 6+. if they miss it they still need 2 touchdowns like they did with the extra point.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Once you start waving the flag to avoid a hypothetical injury, then when does it stop? Sorry, but that's a pathetic excuse. This was not an impossible situation. Stranger things can, and have, happened. Sends a terrible message to your offense in that situation. I agree that is probably what the thinking was, I just think it's unbelievably lame and wrong.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Nothing to lose? They already lost their starting RB, starting #1 WR and punt returner and the back up RB wasn't moving the ball and the QB was sacked a ton and playing with injured finger.

Here is an idea. Lets try a 10% play so we can cover the spread and risk more injury to our team who has to play divisional games later to try and win the division.
    That's just terrible, you don't coach a game to avoid injuries, you play to win the game (thanks Herm). If you are more concerned with avoiding injuries than you are with giving yourself your only chance to win (even if it is a slim one), then you should not be an NFL coach.

cigar
    cigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

.... I've seen what Spags did many time before in the NFL
    seriously? I've never seen a team kick to a kneel down.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I'm not sure why they did what they did, but you answer is stupid. If they wanted to avoid an injury, they would have kneeled down. They punted, which Could have resulted in an injury. If they flat out, gave up, and wanted to avoid any more contact, they would have kneeled.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cigar View Post
    seriously? I've never seen a team kick to a kneel down.
    Oh I have, BUT never when down 2 scores or less, and then never with 1:40 left. I've seen this when a team is down 30 points or something like that, yes, routinely. Or I suppose if there had been 10 seconds left. But if they somehow convert that 4rth down, they could very well score with 40-80 left and then have an onsides to get the ball for the win. 4th and 28 itself is very hard, but if converted the game was very much alive.

Total pussy move by the Rams. Nothing really to debate.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

How is it meansingless. If they convert, they have a legit chance to win the game with a minute and a half to go. Stranger things have happened, many times over. If they were down 30 instead of 12 I'd agree with you.

daimoshokage

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    How is it meansingless. If they convert, they have a legit chance to win the game with a minute and a half to go. Stranger things have happened, many times over. If they were down 30 instead of 12 I'd agree with you.
    the fukk are you watching..

rams have zero chance of winning that game.. ZERO!!! glad these fukking hamburgers lost their wager..

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    yea bomb it to salas, he woulda caught it no doubt
    good one lol Salas sucks!!! go back to college where u can actually catch a f'n football!

AdamStock1983
    AdamStock1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

Glad someone else is as mad as I am. It was coinciding the game. Its a pussy move. Dan Mullen did the same last Thursday night not using his 2 timeouts. It looks really bad. The G men were not gonna run up the score if they did not convert. They would have knelled on it the same as they did post punt. It says allot about your team just quitting when your down 2 possessions. Hell you could draw an illegal contact play and pick up a first down. Looks real bad for the coach

First 123 Last