View Poll Results: Who will win the Wild Card?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Braves

14 46.67%
  • Cardinals

13 43.33%
  • Giants

3 10.00%
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Will the Braves make the Postseason?

All the talk is about the Red Sox epic collapse but there is another collapse going on right now too. Are the Cardinals or even the Giants going to be able to overtake Atlanta for the Wild Card? Take a look at the schedules. I think the Cards edge out the Braves because I really don't see Atlanta turning it around.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hope they dont

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braves will win the wild card.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

this would come from a phills fan

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    this would come from a phills fan
    Sensitive?

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

i think giants will be able to sneak in
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: warriorfan707

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Pulling for the Cards.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Pulling for the Braves.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

as a cards fan, nooooooooooooooooooooo

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully not

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    i think giants will be able to sneak in
    Cards will get in before Giants do.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

cards seem to have a more favorable schedule. can't believe kimbrel blew the game tonight by giving up a HR. braves have used him and venters alot this year and they might run out of gas at the end.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Cards sure do have the schedule advantage. The Mets, Cubs, and Astros all are horrible. The Braves and Giants have much harder schedules. I think the Cardinals have a very good chance of winning most of the games and go like 8-1 in those games. The Braves could lose 3 or 4 games.

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

I just looked at the schedules. The Cardinals have the easiest schedule playing 3 dead teams with mostly home games and have the most favorable pitching matchups. The Giants have decent pitching matchups but 2 of the last 3 series are away and one against Arizona. The Braves have away series then the Phils at home, pitching Delgado(idk who the hell he is) and having to still face Strasburg, Sanchez and at least one of the 3 headed beast from Philly depending on how that series shakes out looks like Lee for sure, maybe 2 of the 3 of them. Their only advantage is that they are currently ahead so the other teams have no room for error and they have an off day still while the Cards and Giants don't. If the Braves fuk around and go 5-3 or 4-4 or worse then one of the other two should pass them. I could easily see the Cards going 8-1 or sweep the last 9. I could see the Giants riding those arms too. I think the Cards or Giants have to be no worse than tied or 1 back going into the final series to really pull it off. What's the wild card tie breaker scenario, does it immediately go to h2h record or is it a 1 game play in game?

Nvm, i looked up the wild card tie breaker stuff. Could be a wild finish. Maybe we'll get a little play in game action to start the playoffs off right. Funny thing about the wild card is, i would almost want to be the wild card in baseball. Of late it's like an advantage. I'm pretty sure more wild card teams have won the WS in the past decade than division winner and it gets you into the playoffs mentality early, while the division winner are relaxing and getting loose.
    Last edited by easywinner; 09-20-11 at 04:22 AM.

t-wizzle

What if all 3 ended up with the same record

TATUMUS
    TATUMUS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9863

I think the Braves hold on to win the wild card, but unfortunately (for myself as a Braves fan) it will be all for naught as the Phillies will play the Tigers in the Fall Classic. I say the Phillies win it all as much as it pains me to say it.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

if you don't know who delgado is, you haven't been following baseball very closely

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I dunno. I hope they do. That way the Brewers can play the D-bags in the first round, and get a sweep instead of playing the Braves with their great bullpen. Of course we would end up playing the Phils either way. But It would be nice to see a Brewers sweep in the playoffs.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    I dunno. I hope they do. That way the Brewers can play the D-bags in the first round, and get a sweep instead of playing the Braves with their great bullpen. Of course we would end up playing the Phils either way. But It would be nice to see a Brewers sweep in the playoffs.
    Milwaukee would not sweep Arizona.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I think so. If we get home Field. The only good pitcher Zona has is Ian Kenndy.
    We put Greinke to start game 1, who has been basically perfect.
    Gallardo in game two.
    Macrum in game 3.

They might win game 3, might. But I doubt it. Matters how much they are in it mentally after we take the first two at home.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    I think so. If we get home Field. The only good pitcher Zona has is Ian Kenndy. We put Greinke to start game 1, who has been basically perfect. Gallardo in game two. Macrum in game 3. They might win game 3, might. But I doubt it. Matters how much they are in it mentally after we take the first two at home.
    The pitching matchups are essentially identical. Kennedy-Grienke, Hudson-Gallardo, Saunders-Marcum. How you could give an edge to Milwaukee is beyond me. Throw in the fact that the D-Backs bullpen has been solid particularly with Putz and you guys are going to have your hands full. Of course this is all moot point if Atlanta wins the Wild Card.

Jmschoba
    Jmschoba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

i dont feel that the red birds will be able to pull it out an that the Braves will take the wild card with the Crew taking the NL Central

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I don't think Atl or Boston will get in. I think Philly and Texas choke in the first round.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

As a phills fan, I want the braves to hold on.... #1: I would rather see the dbacks then the cards or giants first round . #2: cards and giants are flat out just more dangerous teams right now then the braves

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

I say the Braves choke down the stretch. I have always been a huge Braves fan but last night when Infante bent the Braves over, the rest of the team stayed on the field going what the fuk just happend. Your playoff chances are getting flushed down the toilet thats what. Braves could get hot and I hope they do because they will have to be on fuking fire to beat Philly. The Braves are the only team in the NL that can take Philly down.

t-wizzle

Giants needed a big one from Timmy tonight but Kershaw is shutting them down once again.

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    What if all 3 ended up with the same record
    I don't think that would happen this season with the Giants now 4 back after tonight, but if it did it would be wild and idk what would happen. None of the 3 of those teams has the h2h advantage over the other 2. The Braves have h2h edge over Giants. The Giants have h2h over the Cards and the Cards have h2h over the Braves. That's never happened before. I think it's much more likely that either the Braves just start to win again or that the Cards catch them and either force a playoff game in St. Louis after the season or back door them the last day or two of the year if the Braves keep playing mediocre.

(Reyes)
    (Reyes)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope they don't

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

i hope not so we can laugh at the local braves fan . Pavyracer

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Braves are done, their offense is garbage

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

What a disgraceful effort turned in by the Braves. I don't think the Phillies want to see the Cards in the post season.

t-wizzle

I thought the Braves were supposed to beat out the Phillies for the NL East?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Braves are a joke. I still remember pavy telling me that mil is shit and would lose to atl. We might never find out.

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

I think the Braves make the playoffs. That's where I'd put my money. They aren't really that great in anything except setup and closer roles but they get it done. Good managing.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Giants bats are hot!!!!

Cardinals Playing a good baseball!

Braves not braves anymore !!!!

i hope giants clinch wild card!

12 Last