iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Couple thoughts on week 2 NFL...

Assuming tonight's game is a coinflip that comes down to a penalty or turnover like most NFL games, there were only about 4 sides in week 2 that you could have bet with a clear cut winning edge. Now before you stat geeks come in here with your 2-6% edge crap, I'm talking clear cut winning edge for the rec bettor.

So about 25% of the games were even beatable this week, and you had to be on the right side on top of that. Take into account the juice and you now see why the books bend people over year after year.

Lets look at the games that were clear cut winners:

Titans +5.5

We all noticed the line was fishy, and got buried anyways... Congrats to those who thought clearly this week and took Tenn. Match Ups are everything in football, never forget this. And it doesn't hurt that the Titans now have a better QB than the Ravens. Flacco just doesn't have what it takes to be a top tier NFL QB...

Lions -9

The Chiefs are a mess, when you get blown out by the Bills and then the Lions (no matter how good they are this year) you are far from being a competitive NFL team. Maybe they are just a little bit behind other teams as far as getting ready for the season goes... or Maybe not. The cat is out of the bag as they are 14.5 point underdogs to the Chargers this week.

Steelers -14

Many saw the Steelers covering this week and it was pretty clear they were just not in "football shape" or ready for the Ravens in week 1. Even after this convincing win you still have to wonder if the stucco is starting to crack.

Jets -9

Even with the QB I despise most, the Jets continue to prove they are one Player away from winning the Superbowl. They are the best all around team in football if you look at all phases of the game including coaching. (Except of course at QB)

So there you have it boys, these are the 4 plays this past week that were clear cut winners. (maybe Saints make 5) Keep this in mind when you make your plays this week. You should be looking for 1 or 2 Solid plays and be happy because most of these games are coin flips that come down to one of the leagues new stupid penalties or a turnover.

Who will be the sides with a clear cut winning edge this week?

For the record, I like these two...

Broncos +7
    Dolphins ML

Good Luck...

P.S. I lean under 44 in the game tonight...

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Dolphins are a mess....

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

I totally saw the Lions as easy money. All the 'sharp' bettors were like "no way I'm laying 8-9 points on the lions vs. anyone" and I'm all like "um, do you know how bad their offense is without Charlie Weis calling plays? do you know that Eric Berry is out for the season?"

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The easy wins this week will be Lions and Chargers.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

as we can see, there wasn't a clear cut winner on either the side or total here tonight..

The Giants have seemed to dominate, yet the Rams have the chance to get a backdoor cover here...

The under seemed like the play, yet the Over will probably cash thanks to a muffed punt, C.Williams not knowing what a fumble is, and the Rams safety being a complete retard not knowing haw to play pass defense before the half...

Very hard to find an edge in the NFL people, remember this...

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Bills + 9

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7601

King the nfl is the hardest sport to beat that's why you have to take shots like I am doing with the vikes this week

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Bills + 9