Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

DOW may be headed under 10,000 before year's end

Congrats once again to all who jumped ship long ago..........................

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

You really think so? I kinda doubt it. 12,000 more likely than 10,000.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fishhead what the hell are you doing???

Guys like you can sink the market

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Guys like you can sink the market

The market has sufferred over the past few years somewhat with my monthly recommendations to BAIL over the last 9-10 years..................correct.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

ahh more doom and gloom.

They wont let it fail, and the overall prices are meaningless.

Last month when the shit hit the fan wife's 401K was down around 65 bucks per thousand. Made no changes and Friday it was down 18 a thousand. Overall number was less than 500 difference. Last time it took all those dips was because US currency was obviously in the shitter, today it dips because the euro is taking hell.

if people used the market for what it was originally intended it wouldnt see near the volatility it does. Guys in it for the long haul will see returns. But the mentality now is make what you can when you can and take the profits from that and put them somewhere else. Which sees like sound advice but when they screw everything over then it is only a matter of time before they catch the guys moving around with their pants down and break them too. Its like a bank robber running from the cops. You have money you have a plan and for a fews months or even years it all works out, but eventually you get caught on tape, or recognized or just make a mistake and wham youre done.

if they shut down all the do it yourself trading websites you'd see the stock market not only stabilize but probably flourish again. But that also wouldnt mean things were OK it would just mean they wouldnt let desperate scared people make dumb decisions based on some hack that gets paid to scare and demoralize people. It is basically akin to live betting in sports, and anyone who has tried that knows just how that does long term.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Guys in it for the long haul will see returns.
    Normally I would agree, but we're into a full decade now of basically nothing on a long-term investment in the market.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Guys in it for the long haul will see returns
    Get real. The market is at the same level it was 13 years ago. All you have made in 13 years is a couple of percent on dividends annually. However if you traded around the 50% corrections and subsequent 100% rises then you have made some good coin.

Don't blame informed and intelligent people for using the technological advances and new products to their advantage. You just sound dumb and lazy....mostly lazy.

Nothing like Obama coming out and kneecapping the market with a $1.5 trillion tax increase. He just rang the bell on this short term top.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Get real. The market is at the same level it was 13 years ago.
    With inflation and weakening of the dollar, I'm not even sure if that's the case.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    With inflation and weakening of the dollar, I'm not even sure if that's the case.

This wanti character is funny

jjgold

Obama will never ever let market go down until after election

Even if it is a false Market they will do anything to Make it go up for a while

Too many people involved here and on Obama's payroll

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

It's been a propped-up market for a long time now -- even before Obama. Cost of living way up, value of the dollar in the toilet, but hey, at least the Dow is back to 11,000! Everyone should feel great about that!

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

ahh more doom and gloom.

They wont let it fail, and the overall prices are meaningless.

Last month when the shit hit the fan wife's 401K was down around 65 bucks per thousand. Made no changes and Friday it was down 18 a thousand. Overall number was less than 500 difference. Last time it took all those dips was because US currency was obviously in the shitter, today it dips because the euro is taking hell.

if people used the market for what it was originally intended it wouldnt see near the volatility it does. Guys in it for the long haul will see returns. But the mentality now is make what you can when you can and take the profits from that and put them somewhere else. Which sees like sound advice but when they screw everything over then it is only a matter of time before they catch the guys moving around with their pants down and break them too. Its like a bank robber running from the cops. You have money you have a plan and for a fews months or even years it all works out, but eventually you get caught on tape, or recognized or just make a mistake and wham youre done.

if they shut down all the do it yourself trading websites you'd see the stock market not only stabilize but probably flourish again. But that also wouldnt mean things were OK it would just mean they wouldnt let desperate scared people make dumb decisions based on some hack that gets paid to scare and demoralize people. It is basically akin to live betting in sports, and anyone who has tried that knows just how that does long term.
    U srs?

Of course this is all subject to theoretical entry / exit points, but... assuming a 10 year period for "long term"...

Respective gain of the Dow 9/2001 to 9/2011 = +37%... and that's buying in at the ideal low of 9/11...

Now, last time I checked, the stock market is denominated in US Dollars...

Observing the respective value of the US dollar over the same period reveals a 35% loss in value of that dollar.

So yeah, any numbnuts who just looks at the market thinks, "wow, my portfolio has done real well long term"...

But has it really?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Good point, Gold.

So, we play ball for a while. What is our exit point?

* Gimme a date.

* Gimme a DOW figure to exit to bonds? 13,000?

jjgold

good turnaround today

approx 200 swing

Fishhead

Iowa farmland continues to sizzle........................hope many have taken my lead over the last 6-8 years on this!

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The value of Iowa farmland increased by an average of more than 30 percent in the last year, pushed in part by high prices for corn and soybeans and low interest rates, according to a survey of real estate agents.

P.F.Kasooff

-FH- when I come to Vegas this fall lets have a beer

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

pretty funny seeing these threads too. I dont remember so many market geniuses inhabiting the forums back in 2000. but then again I suppose it is like sports, easy to pick the right side after the fact.

I posted in 2004 how I had bought gold in 1999 and 2000, someone bumped it at another forum not too long ago. They also bumped another thread where I said gold would be decent going forward. Think I put that one up in 2008. Now does that mean anything? Not really because the money I used to bet on sports has been turned over a lot more than the money I put into gold, even though gold is worth about 6 times what I paid for it. But if the dollar is only worth a third I guess I only doubled my money.

Its all relative, everything is based on the dollar whether you like it or not. So whatever I get is worth what it is right now. We can make all the claims we want about how much something is 'worth' or how much something sells for. But other than gasoline everything else is relatively the same price as it was back then. Even houses in California, now that the market has crashed. Prices might actually be lower now in some places out here.

So regardless of what the dollar was worth then and what it is worth now I can take it to any place and still buy stuff with it, and for the most part I will be getting pretty much the same thing for it. Take out Gasoline, and maybe cable/satellite TV and pretty much everything can be gotten for the same amount of money now as it could back then. Maybea cople car brands might cost a little more, but they have all made economy versions so you can get a BMW now even cheaper it just might not have the bells and whistles.

I just know that if I bought 50K worth of gold 11-12 years ago and I can go to any place around and get 250K for it, I couldnt care less what that equates to in 1999 dollars. I just know I have 250K in cash anytime I want it. And those that say cash isnt any good probably have never had that amount available to them. But for people who have actually made some money and have access to a modest amount that isnt all that much. Now that being said we used to walk around Vegas with 50K every day and on some weekends 100K in cash. So it is all relative I suppose. Either way 250K in cash is a nice amount to be able to get your hands on no matter how wealthy you think you are.

basically the stock market is where you thorw money so you can have a chance to get something out of it for nothing. It basically is a baby sitter. Seriously if you want to make your money work for you investing it in any sort of market or commodity is dumb. regardless of the short term successes you might want to point out, because it is just that a short term solution. if you want to work your money and roll it over and over there are many other ways to do it. Stock market, mutual funds, commodities etc are just places you stash large amounts of cash that you dont want to be hands on with.

I guess people have differing viewpoints in relationship to how much wealth they actually have. if you dont have a pot to piss in then sure day trading and making a few bucks seems exiting. If you have a reasonable amount of net worth then it isnt worth the effort. And then there are thesame diminishing returns as with sports gambling. You cant just move massive amounts of cash around ona whim, just like you cant make 500K bets on two sides of the same game and make 2-3% regardless. Youre limited to the amount you can 'invest' either to avoid detection or simply limits on the system. Not every company has the amount of options available one might want to buy, and to get them you have to pay more or in the least a massive premium. And then those are subject to other fees.

I am no advocate of the stock market I have said for years it was rigged, but it has its place for some people. Just as long as you know how to stay on the fringes of it and dont get caught up in the hype. But I do know that for as long as it has existed it has never completely collapsed, and once it became truly corrupt seeing the patterns in how it operates havent been too difficult.

P.F.Kasooff

jjgold

good call fish

Fishhead

good call fish

Not there yet.......................

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

good call fish
    Good call fish???

Where is my love JJ? Is it because I'm not twinkish?

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Nothing like Obama coming out and kneecapping the market with a $1.5 trillion tax increase. He just rang the bell on this short term top.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Shorted the DOW in late June

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

market going up tomorrow here..due to short covering over fears of intervention of resolving european issues over the weekend...we are over$old!!

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Another great day to be in america

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't look now boys, but everything --median, average, number sold--everything is up at the Keeneland yearling sale going on right now. Good place to dump some profits. Dreams for sale...take a shot my friends.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You really think so? I kinda doubt it. 12,000 more likely than 10,000.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've gotten several calls lately from financial advisers who want to invest my money into the stock market. They're looking for bagholders right now. Good call Fishhead!

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

A good thing Fish isn't my financial adviser. Very little chance of this occurring with the good news coming from Europe along with the fact it's the end of the year and people tend to spend a little more freely.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

great call fishfuk

you are such a mediocre square it is laughable

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

great call, fishstick

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fish will be frantically searching dumpsters in Vegas this weekend

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh wait, wrong thread.... wheres my beeer

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

He said by years end, has to lose 2k in 9 weeks.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Guys like you can get sinked by the market
    Fixed it.

12 Last