will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Had a negative World Trade Center thought..

Obviously, I'm upset that my friend who was murdered there (he was a fireman), along with many others.

It's very sad.

I thought to myself that these people who worked in high levels made a decisive choice to work there. Some knew that the place was bombed in 1993. The firefighters were heroes but when you enter a building that got hit by a plane, do you expect to live.

I hate thinking like this but they're realistic thoughts. Why would someone work on the 100th floor after a previous bombing. They're playing Russian Roulette with their lives and we know what happened.

I'm very sympathetic but I would've considered the risks and worked somewhere else

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Yeah, they deserved what they got. I'm sure they were thinking "This is a great opportunity, but the building was bombed 8 years ago. Wonder if they have any openings at the Pentagon?"

Some thoughts should just stay in your head.

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

ummm, it took 10 year for this thought to cross your mind?
    Points Awarded:

ACoochy gave tunaguitar76 350 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

So when they were applying for the job, you expected them to predict the future and realise that 2 airplanes would crash into the WTC towers and they would have to be rushed in?

I'll be honest, and say you're tarnishing the memory of your friend with such thoughts, especially since I'm almost positive that he did not hesitate to walk into a burning building, well knowing he might not see the light of the day.

It was his job, but those were extenuating circumstances. Rather than calumniate your friend's memory with such thoughts, be blessed that you knew someone who was selfless enough to risk his own life to save others, in circumstances where no normal human being would have the bravery to do such a thing.
    Points Awarded:

WvGambler gave SoV 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cicima6709 gave SoV 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I hate thinking like this but they're realistic thoughts.
    those are absolutely not realistic thoughts.

why on earth would you think this deserves it's own thread?

Last night I thought about how great it would be if my c*ck was just a few inches longer...should I start a thread about about it? NO! because it's not a realistic thought.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Do you travel in a car ever?

Because you probably shouldn't. People die in car crashes every day.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post

And people get hit by cars while trying to cross the street but I still walk every day.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

*Torches*
    *Torches*'s Avatar Become A Pro!

murdered,

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

I wonder if there were any firefighters that were like "fukk, I'm not going in there" and if those guys got reprimanded.

*Torches*
    *Torches*'s Avatar Become A Pro!

then stay home all the time

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

People die of all sorts of things. Living your life thinking like that would be extremely boring.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Um. yeah, they were supposed to know a plane would crash into their building. Because that makes perfect sense. Mise-a-well say that for every high structure building in NYC. Oh well you died in a terrorist attack, well **** you your dumbass worked there.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by *Torches* View Post
    murdered,
    Yes, "murdered". What's your deal fukktard? Terrorist sympathizer are you?

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

And I thought the Tiki Barber thread you created was stupid...
    Points Awarded:

Holtgetsback gave DrStale 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

So anyone that works in a potential terrorist target deserves to die? WTF?

So the entire airlines, government, mass transit, any famous tourist spot (Times Square, Empire State building, etc), any major sports event, etc etc etc should all just completely shut down?

You're friend was a firefighter, his job was to try to save ppls lives in fires, that's a dangerous job. You accept certain risks when u make a career out of running into burning buildings but you dont DESERVE to be killed. He may have saved many ppls lives in previous fires, sure he could've stood safely outside and let em die but wtf kinda firefighter would that be? He was sure lucky to have you as a friend
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 09-19-11 at 04:48 PM.

crjohnson32

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post

You're friend was a firefighter, his job was to try to save ppls lives in fires, that's a dangerous job. You accept certain risks when you run into burning buildings
    The fact that this needs to be explained to the OP is sad

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Obviously, I'm upset that my friend who was murdered there (he was a fireman), along with many others.

It's very sad.

I thought to myself that these people who worked in high levels made a decisive choice to work there. Some knew that the place was bombed in 1993. The firefighters were heroes but when you enter a building that got hit by a plane, do you expect to live.

I hate thinking like this but they're realistic thoughts. Why would someone work on the 100th floor after a previous bombing. They're playing Russian Roulette with their lives and we know what happened.

I'm very sympathetic but I would've considered the risks and worked somewhere else

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I knew that I would open myself up for bashing when being honest. Fact: The World Trade Center is a building that had a variety of important dealings that affects the United States.

When you decide to take a job on the 105th floor after a previous bombing in 1993, it should enter your mind that you're vulnerable.

This day haunts me because my friend was killed there. He was in the lobby and found 4 levels below the ground in January 2002. I snuck with my ex girlfriend after a Yankee game on September 29th,2001 through China Town, City Hall, and managed to see the destruction like most people didn't get to see. I tasted the dust like a person tastes the grit on a baseball diamond.

Yes, it easy to say could've, should've....it doesn't take away my sympathy for the people and the situation. I just wondered, if I was offered a job on the 100th floor after a bombing, would I have taken into consideration that this place was bombed before? The answer is yes. Would I have taken the job? I don't know

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I knew that I would open myself up for bashing when being honest. Fact: The World Trade Center is a building that had a variety of important dealings that affects the United States.

When you decide to take a job on the 105th floor after a previous bombing in 1993, it should enter your mind that you're vulnerable.

This day haunts me because my friend was killed there. He was in the lobby and found 4 levels below the ground in January 2002. I snuck with my ex girlfriend after a Yankee game on September 29th,2001 through China Town, City Hall, and managed to see the destruction like most people didn't get to see. I tasted the dust like a person tastes the grit on a baseball diamond.

Yes, it easy to say could've, should've....it doesn't take away my sympathy for the people and the situation. I just wondered, if I was offered a job on the 100th floor after a bombing, would I have taken into consideration that this place was bombed before? The answer is yes. Would I have taken the job? I don't know

This is odd as I had a 9/11 WTC dream last night. Unless you had your life set financially, 1 out of 1,000 people would balk at working there after the first attack.

durito
    escarabajo negro

I imagine you suck at gambling?

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

you imagine wrong. What a ridiculous comment to make.

crjohnson32

I had a friend killed by a drunk driver. He knew damn well people like to drink, most drinking occurs at night, and many people drive home from bars drunk. Therefore it is his fault he died for choosing to drive at night.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

sorry about your loss but it's a poor analogy.

neverstoppers23

No its not, its exactly what your dumbass is saying.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    So anyone that works in a potential terrorist target deserves to die? WTF?

So the entire airlines, government, mass transit, any famous tourist spot (Times Square, Empire State building, etc), any major sports event, etc etc etc should all just completely shut down?

You're friend was a firefighter, his job was to try to save ppls lives in fires, that's a dangerous job. You accept certain risks when u make a career out of running into burning buildings but you dont DESERVE to be killed. He may have saved many ppls lives in previous fires, sure he could've stood safely outside and let em die but wtf kinda firefighter would that be? He was sure lucky to have you as a friend

QFT

crjohnson32

please explain how this:

Quote Originally Posted by crjohnson32 View Post
    I had a friend killed by a drunk driver. He knew damn well people like to drink, most drinking occurs at night, and many people drive home from bars drunk. Therefore it is his fault he died for choosing to drive at night.
    is a poor analogy in reference to this:

Why would someone work on the 100th floor after a previous bombing. They're playing Russian Roulette with their lives and we know what happened.
    Seriously, I find psychology fascinating so this is a great opportunity to dive into the mind of someone with an abnormal thought process such as yourself.

bettilimbroke999

This thread is one of the stupidest of all time, how the **** could they know their building was going to be hit by a hijacked jet aircraft and collapse? Even the ppl who were hijacked had no idea their aircraft was gonna be used as a missile, if they had they would've charged the cockpit like they did on the last plane, somehow only the OP was completely aware of what to expect . Im sure since the attempted bombing in 1993 their security was much higher to try to prevent a terrorist attack but wtf can ya do if someone decides to hijack an aircraft and fly it into the building?

August 2001:

Joe we'd like to offer you 500k a year + benefits to manage our brokerage on the 90th floor of the WTC

**** no! What do you think Im suicidal? I know anyday they're gonna hijack multiple aircraft and use em to slam into the upper levels of the twin towers trapping the upper floors and after a couple hours the steel beams are gonna melt and both buildings collapse!

Hmm, well would you take 50k to work as a bookkeeper on the 50th floor?

Sure, no prob, everyone on the 50th floor will get out safely, thanks for this great opportunity!

Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 09-20-11 at 10:06 PM.

durito
    escarabajo negro

you imagine wrong. What a ridiculous comment to make.
    I would bet large amounts of money that you do. Gambling is about assessing probabilities, which clearly you fail massively at.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Every individual is different. I've had 10 years (520 months, est..25,000 months,etc.) to think this through. I really did think about this before the 2nd attack. When I was a kid (long ago), my grandfather had worked in the Empire State Building as an accountant and my fascination for these high rise building started.

When I became an adult, I realized that fires, etc, happen and to be at such an elevated level is very risky. If you're offered a high paying job it's the old "risk/reward" factor.

I have a heart and am a good friend. I really miss my friend and it kills me that he had to die that way. I think about it almost every other day.

When you watch these documentaries, you can see the look of fear in the eyes of the fireman as they enter a building that people are desperately trying to get out of. Of course they should do their job. They know how buildings are structured more than anyone. Do you think that any of them were climbing the stairs thinking to themselves that they're automatically going to die? I can't think for every person. I can only tell people what I think. I probably would've taken a high-paying job but I definitely would've been looking at different ways to exit the building and I certainly would never climb stairs if the smoke became overwhelming. My first instinct would've been get out of that building ASAP.
    Last edited by will2survive; 09-21-11 at 06:15 PM.

bettilimbroke999

will2....no offense but after reading your posts I think you are safe from ever being offered a job at the World Trade Center. Unless Al Qaeda starts targeting McDs I think you will be alright.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by tunaguitar76 View Post
    ummm, it took 10 year for this thought to cross your mind?
    Maybe his mind is slow...takes time to process