BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    You think so? What have you seen from Minny to think they're a good football team? Yeah, I know it's a division game but are the Lions only .5 better then the Vikings on a neutral field? Because that's what this line is saying, the market is currently undervaluing Detroit here BIG TIME!!
    6.5 on neutral

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    You guys forgot that 2 seasons ago that the Jets came to Oakland then dominated the Raiders with Mark Sanchez in his rookie year.

Also, The Bills have not defeated the Patriots since 2002. I would take the Patriots ML.

i think it fair to say we are talking about 2 completely different teams in oak and buf than 2 seasons ago...cetainly not gonna say Buf beats the pats but 10 is pretty damn generous imho.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by Jive View Post
    Friendly reminder: The Redskins will win at least 8 games this year. How many times I have to tell you people that they are the most improved team in the league? I don't think this week is one of those victories, but the Cowboys won't win big. It is Redskins +6 or no play.
    They played like crap and were lucky to win today; left a lot of points off the board today with dumb mistakes and red zone turnovers.

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

FREAKIN BROCK LANDERS ON THE BILLS +10

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post

6.5 on neutral
    Right, my bad. I think they're 10 points better than Minny on a neutral field.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Bears. Nothing else, other than possibly Raiders and Vikes.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

bengals -1 (expect sf to go on major slide after harbaugh basically announced he has no faith in them with his decision)
    pats -9 (buffalo loses the game today if not for the refs; pats are ruthless and i hate laying road chalk but don't see any way this doesnt end up as a blowout)

denver if it gets to +7'
    jax at +4' or better

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Bears. Nothing else, other than possibly Raiders and Vikes.

Why would you take the bears ?

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

understand your thought process for playing minny but more than likely ill just pass cause the Lions are starting to look like the ppls champ and im not trying to get in their way just yet.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

leans: chargers -16.5, panthers -3(buy.5point), steelers -10.5, patriots -9, whatever redskins line is.

imp4pdabest
    imp4pdabest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Patriots & Jets.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Steelers - 10

this is a particularly terrible matchup for the colts because of the pass rush the steelers can bring with their linebackers against such a bad offensive line/QB/run game combination. I would be shocked if that game is within 21 points

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

[quote=moses millsap;11499375]bengals -1 (expect sf to go on major slide after harbaugh basically announced he has no faith in them with his decision)

cincy line is on the move

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Steelers - 10

this is a particularly terrible matchup for the colts because of the pass rush the steelers can bring with their linebackers against such a bad offensive line/QB/run game combination. I would be shocked if that game is within 21 points
    is big ben healthy.

i mean we must all take the colts now?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

i hope he doesnt play, line will go down and steelers will still crush collins

just like last year, week 3 steelers @ tampa bay

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    is big ben healthy. i mean we must all take the colts now?

he hasn't sustained any sort of a serious injury so he should be fine

truth be told, I think the steelers could win this game without playing offense at all, because the Steeler defense will likely return a couple picks/fumbles to the endzone and then also shutout the colts offense

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why would you take the bears ?
    I like the Bears as well. More accurately, I really don't like the GB -3.5 line. This is probably the biggest game in the Bears schedule that they'll be the most prepared for, and be determined to revenge their playoff loss. Green Bay has allowed 950 total yards in their first two games, and even though Cutler is not at the same level as Brees or Newton, GB has looked very vulnerable to me. Add to that a strong defensive opponent and this game will be a tough one for the Packers. Not sure if it warrants a play on the Bears, but I think that GB backers are at best going to be sweating it out, if not losing outright.

I've already played the Saints -4 (x3), Bengals -2.5 (x1) (the line won't matter), the Lions -4 (x1), and the JAC/CAR Over 41.5 (x1). I expect the Saints to play with the same intensity they did this week. Houston's secondary is weak and Brees will pick it apart. I actually think the Lions are a TD better than the Vikings, and the -4 line is a very appropriate line for this game when people are still very divided on Detroit's potential this season.

anticsd
    anticsd's Avatar Become A Pro!

I personally like the titans and jets, as for lions vs. vikings i like the o44.5. Vikings let a win slip today against the TB with a 4th quarter meltdown, where as lions are blowing out teams since the preseson. They're bound to run out of fuel, but since both of their Ds suck Over is the best play.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I like the Bears as well. More accurately, I really don't like the GB -3.5 line. This is probably the biggest game in the Bears schedule that they'll be the most prepared for, and be determined to revenge their playoff loss. Green Bay has allowed 950 total yards in their first two games, and even though Cutler is not at the same level as Brees or Newton, GB has looked very vulnerable to me. Add to that a strong defensive opponent and this game will be a tough one for the Packers. Not sure if it warrants a play on the Bears, but I think that GB backers are at best going to be sweating it out, if not losing outright. I've already played the Saints -4 (x3), Bengals -2.5 (x1) (the line won't matter), the Lions -4 (x1), and the JAC/CAR Over 41.5 (x1). I expect the Saints to play with the same intensity they did this week. Houston's secondary is weak and Brees will pick it apart. I actually think the Lions are a TD better than the Vikings, and the -4 line is a very appropriate line for this game when people are still very divided on Detroit's potential this season.

I'm a bears fan and I can definately tell you that you're crazy

Cutler's record against the packers is atrocious. They won a game vs the packers last year in which green bay beat themselves with a million penalties, the other 2 games were solid victories for greenbay

with how awful the bears offensive line looked against the saints, I expect another terrible game for cutler. Bears defense will play hard and keep it close but bears will lose this by at least a touchdown

suicidekings
    Update your status

with how awful the bears offensive line looked against the saints, I expect another terrible game for cutler. Bears defense will play hard and keep it close but bears will lose this by at least a touchdown
    Like I say, I'm not sold on actually playing the Bears, but GB -3.5 is not a good line to bet. Throw out today's game vs the Saints to a certain extent. Chicago had no chance in today's matchup. None... However any Packers/Bears game has the potential to come down to the wire, and GB has not impressed so far.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Like I say, I'm not sold on actually playing the Bears, but GB -3.5 is not a good line to bet. Throw out today's game vs the Saints to a certain extent. Chicago had no chance in today's matchup. None... However any Packers/Bears game has the potential to come down to the wire, and GB has not impressed so far.

Jay Cutler is, I believe, 1-4 in his career against Greenbay

I'd buy a half point just to guard against a field goal win for the fudgepackers, but they're definately gonna win this game. They're about the same level of talent on defense with an infinitely better offense

Stevedore

I'm a bears fan and I can definately tell you that you're crazy

Cutler's record against the packers is atrocious. They won a game vs the packers last year in which green bay beat themselves with a million penalties, the other 2 games were solid victories for greenbay

Two MAJOR things to keep an eye on in this game are 3 injuries to the Packers defense. Tramon Williams, GB's best corner was out today, check his status and starting safety Nick Collins went off in a stretcher with a neck injury. Also, DT Ryan Pickett left with a sprained foot and didn't return. If two of those guys don't play, it's a big loss for GB's defense.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Jay Cutler is, I believe, 1-4 in his career against Greenbay

I'd buy a half point just to guard against a field goal win for the fudgepackers, but they're definately gonna win this game. They're about the same level of talent on defense with an infinitely better offense
    Does the GB line strike you as being strange? Being too easy?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Does the GB line strike you as being strange? Being too easy?

no, Chicago was still the #2 seed last year in the NFC playoffs and no team is gonna be huge favorites against them this early in the year

the problem is that this is just a terrible matchup for jay and this offensive line. Dom Capers will find a million different ways to get pressure and force cutler into throwing a few picks (as he usually does against green bay)

suicidekings
    Update your status

They're about the same level of talent on defense with an infinitely better offense
    Allowing 425 total yards and 27.5 points per game so far is not getting the job done defensively.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Let's talk about the early lines.

Pack -3.5
    Lions -4
    Pats -9.5
    titans -6
    Saints -4
    Jets -3.5
    bengals -1
    Steelers -10.5
    browns -3
    Panthers. -3.5

I really like the vikes.

DUDE.....you suck in sports betting period.Why the act all the time? I don't understand why someone credible can't be writing posts like these and it's you instead. What make sit worse is the people who actually think you're SHARP and deserve a response to begin with.
    Points Awarded:

grizzlies1 gave NYSportsGuy210 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: grizzlies1

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Raiders plus 3.5 looks the best to me. Carolina also but I don't like laying 4.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    DUDE.....you suck in sports betting period.Why the act all the time? I don't understand why someone credible can't be writing posts like these and it's you instead. What make sit worse is the people who actually think you're SHARP and deserve a response to begin with.

Too many drinks? You only come into my threads to get noticed.

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

raiders and vikings jumped out at me

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Too many drinks? You only come into my threads to get noticed.
    Dudes want to be LB so bad.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    You think so? What have you seen from Minny to think they're a good football team? Yeah, I know it's a division game but are the Lions only .5 better then the Vikings on a neutral field? Because that's what this line is saying, the market is currently undervaluing Detroit here BIG TIME!!
    The market is overvaluing Detroit Big Time here.

The true line was +2 Detroit

k13

Lines before Week 2 finished

New England (-9) at Buffalo
    Detroit (+2) at Minnesota
    N.Y. Giants (+3) at Philadelphia
    Jacksonville (-2.5) at Carolina
    San Francisco (+3) at Cincinnati
    Houston (+6) at New Orleans
    Miami (+1) at Cleveland
    Denver (+4.5) at Tennessee
    Kansas City (+6) at San Diego
    Baltimore (-5) at St. Louis
    N.Y. Jets (-3) at Oakland
    Green Bay (-2.5) at Chicago
    Atlanta (-1) at Tampa Bay
    Arizona (+6) at Seattle
    Pittsburgh (+1.5) at Indianapolis
    Monday, Sept. 26
    Washington (+6) at Dallas

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    The market is overvaluing Detroit Big Time here.

The true line was +2 Detroit
    so the line that came out before there was more information and more tape and more current variables is the true line?

everybody who knows anything about football knows the lions are a better team.

while i do respect lakerboy's nose for sniffing out the funny-business; thats all this play is- a conspiracy/fading the public type of play. it is not based on football merit.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

You guys are horrible. Never seen so many posters being wrong! Talking lines biggest surprises were Buffalo, Eagles, and Oakland.
    Oakland could of been pick, Eagles -6, and Buf +3. I was also surprised at o/u in pitt/colts game being extremely low.

When talking winners do not go against Lions this weekend. I was at game yesterday and am 6-0 with them and counting on making a killing this year with them.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    so the line that came out before there was more information and more tape and more current variables is the true line?

everybody who knows anything about football knows the lions are a better team.

while i do respect lakerboy's nose for sniffing out the funny-business; thats all this play is- a conspiracy/fading the public type of play. it is not based on football merit.
    Most lines don't change very much even weeks early. That was the line before inflation.

So the Titans are a better team than the Ravens?

People who know everything about football don't know anything about football.

First 1234 Last