OnlyMayo
    OnlyMayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Sports Memorabilia

How many of ya'll here collect or have some sort of sports memorabilia? (what do you have) Just wondering if people that bet on sports have other sorts of hobbies in the sports...

Takethebooki
    chizzy owes me 330 pts?
    Takethebooki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

wayne gretzky rookie card. walter payton rookie. autos. recchi autographed winter classic ticket got personally signed best sporting event I ever went too. Also hank aaron sandy kofax etcc..... i like autos and rookie cards.

grzftbl
    grzftbl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Not much but I'm a life-long Cowboys fan. Got a signed (w/ COA) Romo ball and jersey. Got 'em pretty cheap back then and I still don't know if they're worth more now, lol.

grzftbl
    grzftbl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Takethebooki View Post
    wayne gretzky rookie card. walter payton rookie. autos. recchi autographed winter classic ticket got personally signed best sporting event I ever went too. Also hank aaron sandy kofax etcc..... i like autos and rookie cards.

damn, almost forgot about my sports cards. i have unopened/still wrapped boxes of mid 90's NBA & NHL cards. also thousands of other cards. damn, should go thru them someday...

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I'm a huge bobblehead collector. I'll post a picture of the collection sometime

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

About 15-20 years ago I collected a bunch of cards for all sports... Hoping one day they be worth some good cash.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Hank Aaron signed ball

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I have this guys pants

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I have this guys pants

Lol. What a find

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I have a pretty large collection. All kinds. Full-size NFL & NCAA helmets, baseballs, bats, basketballs, & hockey pucks. I got everything signed in person, and have pics of each athlete signing (mostly with me beside them.) We used to go to a lot of shows, now just make 1 or 2 a year. Its a fun hobby.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I have a pretty large collection. All kinds. Full-size NFL & NCAA helmets, baseballs, bats, basketballs, & hockey pucks. I got everything signed in person, and have pics of each athlete signing (mostly with me beside them.) We used to go to a lot of shows, now just make 1 or 2 a year. Its a fun hobby.
    I've actually got some old Ranger stuff when Bobby V was their Manager....when GW was the man there. My prized Nolan Ryan 16x20 sits in my den...down the line from my Thurman Munson of course I'll leave out the crap load of Juan Gon stuff from his Oklahoma City 89er days

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

i hope memorabilia makes a big come back

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

i have 35000 cards mostly 79-95 and a few hundred 52-71 all baseball except for a few football 1970s and basketball 1980s

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Got a bunch of sportscards, but my favs are my Dallas Cowboys rookie cards, including Staubach, Randy White, Too Tall Jones, Drew Pearson, Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin etc. Also have a bunch of signed stuff autographed rookie David Robinson card, autographed George Gervin card, Bill Walton signed game notes from a Mavs/Spurs game he was color commentator for Fox Sports SW once upon a time, a few signed footballs by Aikman, Montana and Ray Lewis, some signed mini helmets from Earl Campbell, Staubach, D Ware and a ton of signed Cowboys photos from the 70's and 90's. Got most at shows, training camps etc.

Djohns04
    Djohns04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Huge card guy here, have easily 100K cards, probably a lot more. Mostly hockey but smaller amounts from the other 3. When i was younger pretty much my only thoughts were get cards get cards, mow the lawn, do chores.. get that allowance money and get to the card shop..I stopped a while back though because for one, I can't really afford to buy wax boxes and packs just dont cut it anymore.. And also, I finally realized that unless your cards are pre 1990, a rookie card, or a rare #'d card, it's probably going to drop in value like a stone... That sexy patch card you just pulled that books at $120, try selling it 2 years from when you get it, that product will now be cold and you'll be lucky to get $20.. Probably get back into it at some point and just stick to rookies

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

autographed flags from major golf championships..... i.e. pin flag from The Masters signed by Mickelson, St Andrews flag signed by Daly, etc. Lucky that the years my kids were born ( 2004 and 2006 ) Mickelson won Masters both years... and he signs a lot of items, so he's a little easier than say.... Eldrick.