EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

$600 Fantasy Baseball Week Coming Up

So I made my fantasy baseball playoffs with an 11-12 mark, sliding in as a "wildcard" team to play the best team in the league that went 18-5. Beat him this week. Four teams out of ten made the playoffs and it's both wildcard teams in the Championship. Wish me luck. Invested $100 to start the year.

Been a strange year with injuries on my team. Had both Ethier and Quentin as starting OFs. When they went down, I picked up Carlos Lee & Juan Pierre who have played like friggin' MVPs for me. Picked up Fister on waivers about a month ago and he has probably been my best pitcher now on a staff with Haren, Oswalt and Hudson. Championship is gonna be tough. Here's the match-up:

Snorting The Mendoza Line [Me]
    C: Santana
    1b: Votto
    2b: Pedroia
    SS: Alexei Ramirez
    3B: Longoria
    OF: BJ Upton, C.Young, Pierre
    U: C.Lee
    SP: Fister, Hudson, Oswalt, Minor & Jerome Williams [Using because each have 2 starts]
    RP: Walden, Hanrahan

Python
    C:V.Martinez
    1B: Cabrera
    2b: Cano
    SS: Hardy
    3b: Aramis Ramirez
    OF: Bautista, Bruce, Kemp
    U: Konerko
    SP: Verlander, E.Jackson, Hendriks, Happ, Milwood [His last 4 have 2 starts each, only reason to use]
    RP: Nunez, Motte

I beat this guy twice during the regular season. Think it is going to be tough, but I am pinning my hopes on his double start guys making him pay with shitty games. You do lose points for hits given up, ER and BB. I also have Harden on my bench if I want another double start guy but I'm not so sure his two starts would equal one from Oswalt, Hudson or Fister who all have pretty good shots at wins this week. His offense on paper is certainly better than mine any given week, but I'm just looking for consistency. This is a head-2-head league. Points for hits, runs, HRs, doubles, triples, etc. Pts for IP, W, S, Quality Starts.

Any who .. wish me luck!

EaglesPhan36

I don't care that you don't care. Updating for historical purposes, so I can cry later.

I wound up subbing in Josh Willingham for Chris Young at the last minute and put Guthrie in with two starts over Fister. Worked out today although Guthrie's start did not get me a ton of points, still got me double digits which is what I need. My opponent yanked Hardy for Aybar - already helpful as Hardy went deep - and he took out the Twins double start pitcher and subbed in Gio Gonzalez so we both have 8 starts a piece. Finally, I went with Waldren & Chris Perez as closers instead of Hanrahan. Took the extra game/opportunity with Cleveland. Aiming for 360 points and I think I can win.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Good Luck!

Winner take all? Or are you guaranteed some money?

EaglesPhan36

Winner takes all.

EaglesPhan36

58-16 lead after Monday. Guy got killed by Millwood today who had -10.5. Got decent starts from my three pitchers today, totaling 34 of my points for the day. Tomorrow is a big day. He's got one starter going [Jackson] and I have none. So I need to maintain a good 30 point cushion or so, maybe Jackson can get pounded by the Phils!

EaglesPhan36

91 to 32.5 after Tuesday. Extended my lead even with him having a startin pitcher going and me having none. All offense vs. offense today. Looking to maintain the pts lead or extend the lead today.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Good Luck!

EaglesPhan36

Root me in boys! I'm up 270.5-220 going into the final day. He has two starting pitchers: Millwood & Edwin Jackson, I have Minor going for the Braves. Otherwise, it's offense v. offense and closers v. closers. I think if I can get a solid start from Minor and he doesn't get wins from both starts that I have a real shot to finish this off.

EaglesPhan36

Pretty much screwed here.

My offense no-showed today outside of Upton and Longoria hitting HRs. His pitchers were great. Best I can hope for is maybe getting a save from the Angels and hope Pedroia does something tonight, but pretty much a fail today.

EaglesPhan36

Ah shit. Never mind. Cards up 3-2. He's going to get a save opportunity there too. Well it was fun while it lasted, but going home empty.