blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any SEC homers out there still mad about the Cam Newton scandal?

i have a friend who is still hung up on the entire cam newton deal. i told him to get over it and he comes right back and says thanks for condoning cheating? i mean wtf? its not like he taking money or not taking money gave him super human abilities to win games

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

people are morons and will fabricate meaningless facts to try to prove their point

this is evident all around this forum, people posting loser after loser yet claim to be making a living off of sports betting

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

you should ask your friend this:

would you destroy your body and brain week in week out for free, while the people you are sacrificing your health for are in the back room counting the millions you make them?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Alabama fans are the fukkin worst with that shlt

They've got a their first heisman and a title in the last couple years but theyre more angry about auburn than they are happy about their own shlt.

Like they're clean
    Points Awarded:

firehoyt gave InTheDrink 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

blackbeSSt

he says just cause he contributes money to an sec school and spent thousands on tickets that he thinks he's getting cheated cause he feels his team wasn't beat "fair and square"

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Tell him to spend money on the players instead of all that other stuff. That should get him more fired up

blackbeSSt

here's the website he posted to start all this:

http://www.camnewtonliedetector.com/

to which all i said was "Who cares? This is in the past. Let it go."

and here are some of his replies to me after getting upset

Good job xxx- condone cheating in the NCAA. They are still under investigation for a reason. All I know is that if I had nothing to hide, I would take the million and clear my name. Heck, I would have done it for free. Oh - and he touts his dad being a pastor...that makes both of them hypocrites.

I think he knows he lied about taking money to go to AU. I know he doesn't need the money now, but why not take a cool million if you WERE innocent? Come on, it is only 4 questions!
    I love how you condone what people do to get to the top.... Vick is a great QB, guess him killing dogs is pointless. Think about what Reggie Bush or Lane Kiffin did to their schools. Look at all the headlines for NCAA cheating. Last time I checked, it is a team sport - not about individuals. You actually make my point - Cam doesn't care about UF or AU. He is a liar and he knows it. What he did was cheating and the NCAA agreed with that conclusion, even if they were too scared to suspend him for more than a day. Winning doesn't make you champion - hopefully you won't coach any kids with that kind of attitude.

Yeah, worrying about teaching kids about telling lies, cheating and ethics is so overrated. Like I said, stay away from my kids teams.

Maybe if you donated money to a college to make the program better you would start to care. I really d...on't want to see UGA in trouble like Ohio State is. Not every guy on that team was guilty but they are all paying for it now. Guess you don't have a problem with that. Cheating in the SEC does involve me and my money and my time, even if it isn't directly at my school.

Time for you to go sit on the sofa with your Vick jersey on...I just wonder which jersey you will choose.

Ok, let me try another way to say it. I'm not upset at all. I'm not taking it personally either. Saying " it's wrong to cheat? yes. its it wrong to steal? yes. but you know what, that happens in this world every day. why get caught up in so...mething you can't change..." is wrong. Do you say that about the way politicians are raping hard working every day Americans like us, also? So in other words it's biz as usual and there's nothing you can do, so why even discuss it all, let alone try to cause change? See, Facebook is a social network, and has helped to enable change as big as an uprising in Saudi Arabia. I'm not comparing the two here but the fact that FB is a social network, it allows sports enthusiast to discuss the issues in college athletics that are wrong. It certainly has gotten your attention!

I think it is funny you don't even contribute to UGA or actually go to games and you think I take it personally. I think you are very naive about the consequences of cheating. As Dave said, when one team has an unfair advantage for... not following the rules the playing field isn't level. That affects me because I give thousands to get my tickets. Those tickets are worth less when another team wins, and if that win is due to cheating then it isn't fair. When the team plays bad, it affects thousands of people. There is an article in the Athens paper today talking about how noon games (booked because lower ranking) are costing local businesses a lot of money. The fact is that AU was caught cheating and somehow you condone it because it is in the past.

You seem clueless about college football. First of all, USC "got away" with their scandal for some time before they were caught. So did Ohio State. Maybe AU gets caught, maybe they don't - either way most people think their championship was tarnished or illegitimate. It isn't about living in the past, it is about playing with dignity and respect. Beat me fair and square is all I ask. Auburn is STILL under investigation because the NCAA isn't satisfied, do you think they are living in the past too? Secondly, you are totally ignorant about Auburn's play last year. Without Cam, I doubt you can count on a perfect season. You honestly think without Cam they would have beat Miss St by 3, Clemson by 3 in OT, Kentucky by 3, Alabama by 1 or Oregon by 3??? Geez son, do some homework before you spout off.

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Who gives a fukk what Cam did in college? I didn't care last year and don't care now. Bottom line, he's a millionaire now and destroying defenses. NCAA is a joke for how they handled the whole situation.

I'm glad Cam got to play the whole year last year so that his audition for the NFL was complete.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Lol he said you spouted off?

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

they shud pay the players a stipend.
    most of these kids are broke so of course they are gonna take the money.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Lol he said you spouted off?
    prolly cause i said "i just think its funny people would rather bitch about something that won't change rather then do something productive with their life." before he posted that

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

everyone was mad at him accusing him of things and he still won the college championship. cam is a cool story, one year of college football, wins championship and goes to NFL. this could be the prototype of the future NFL player where they skip college if they are good enough so that they can get PAID legally. why play football for free if you can turn pro?

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Aside from bama fans, I don't think most SEC fans really care.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    Aside from bama fans, I don't think most SEC fans really care.
    this guy does. he lives in columbia, sc but supports uga.

he's just a sorta guy that no matter the scandal, he wants to be in the middle of it on a social networking site

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

If Auburn did pay him to come to their school then it will get exposed eventually. Could take some time but it should eventually come out. the NCAA is still investigating Auburns program. All I know is, you don't turn down money from Miss St to go play somewhere else for free. It will come to light if there was any wrong doing.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonCock View Post
    If Auburn did pay him to come to their school then it will get exposed eventually. Could take some time but it should eventually come out. the NCAA is still investigating Auburns program. All I know is, you don't turn down money from Miss St to go play somewhere else for free. It will come to light if there was any wrong doing.
    true. but this guy is hung up on it entirely. he's lumping cam in the same group as oj, barry bonds, michael vick and ray lewis.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    everyone was mad at him accusing him of things and he still won the college championship. cam is a cool story, one year of college football, wins championship and goes to NFL. this could be the prototype of the future NFL player where they skip college if they are good enough so that they can get PAID legally. why play football for free if you can turn pro?
    One year of college football? Are you serious?

Let me preface by saying that while I live in SEC country and I do not support any team in the league... I am a transplant who is obsessed with college football...

So... 1 year eh... most of this taken from Wikipedia...

2007... @ Florida...played back up to Tim Tebow, 5-10 for 40 yards and 16 rushes for 103 yards and 3 TDs...

2008... During that next year Cam was arrested for knowingly purchasing another students stolen lap top and then trying to hide the fact that he had it by tossing out the window when he heard the authorities coming down the hall to search his room... He was indef. suspended from the team... Also while a frosh and sophmore Cam was accused of cheating no less than 3 times.... once in a class after he copied straight from Wikipedia nearly word for word on an paper... that very same professor let that incident slide but Newton again violated the university's honor code by putting his name on another student's paper and turning it in. Newton was caught after the instructor asked the real author of the paper why he had not turned in his work. Newton decided to leave Florida before he was scheduled to go in front of the Academic Advisory Board to face the academic cheating charge...

Not to mention that while down in Gainesville Cam amassed 12 traffic tickets for various moving and non-moving violations including a driving on a suspended license...

2009 -In January 2009, Newton transferred to Blinn College in Brenham, Texas under head coach Brad Franchione, son of Dennis Franchione. That fall he led his team to the 2009 NJCAA National Football Championship,[16] throwing for 2,833 yards with 22 touchdowns and running for 655 yards. He was named a juco All-America honorable mention and was the most recruited juco quarterback in the country. Newton was ranked as the number one quarterback from either high school or junior college by Rivals.com, and was the only five-star recruit

2010 - I am sure you know the rest... If you don't you were in a coma last season during Auburn's run to the title.

So...

A. He certainly played more than 1 year of college football and by no means was he some 19 year old ready to enter the NFL.. He is currently 22 years old... and while clearly very talented, he has a long way to go before he can be considered a pro-bowl bound QB.

B. The people that get upset about him and whether he was eligible seem to have a pretty favorable argument considering his own father admitted to soliciting him out to Miss St... and judging by his and his fathers past numerous character flaws is it not reasonable to think that Cam knew about it and perhaps was even paid by an Auburn booster since that is in fact where he decided to go?

I am not trying to preach from a soap box here but most of the evidence points to Cam and his father being of marginal character at best.. (interesting that Cecil is a Church leader huh...) So I really can't blame others in the SEC for still being pissed... that being said Bama needs to check its own dirty linens considering all the stuff that went on with the T-Town menswear guy and several star players for Bama...
    Last edited by Hotlanta Steam; 09-19-11 at 10:59 AM.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

haa bs , 85% of the nfl is fish cleaners and roofers in the real world, if it wasnt for the free rides there ass gets in school because of football