chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I watched rugby for the 1st time today

It was on TV earlier today, New Zealand vs Japan, in the rugby world cup. I've never watched rugby before, and I still need to read up on some of the rules that I don't understand, but what an awesome game. It's like the perfect mix between american football and soccer. Very cool game. Definitely a fan from now on.

New Zealand completely killed Japan, 83-7!

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Basically, I watched the first half. Truthfully, I did not know how long a half was, so it seemed a long time.
    I bet against Chance as he gave us all a sure winner (it won).
    It seem like a good game for the first few minutes but then the All Blacks just ran over, through the little Japanesse. It did not seem fair anymore.
    I am a semi-fan now.
    Canada is also kicking butt this year too.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I played one year at state and one year of football at state. Rugby was definitely rougher.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A bunch of clumsy fuks

I pass

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bunch of marshmallows

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

you should watch the rugby league not rugby union ,rugby union is for pussies, watch the Brisbane game later vs the Dragons you wil llove it
    Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    It was on TV earlier today, New Zealand vs Japan, in the rugby world cup. I've never watched rugby before, and I still need to read up on some of the rules that I don't understand, but what an awesome game. It's like the perfect mix between american football and soccer. Very cool game. Definitely a fan from now on.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I don't know shitt about the game except the scrum and the basics but remember the rugby parties in college....those fukks could drink.

Good times

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

I wish I knew the fukking rules to this game. I've only seen a few games and it looks like a fun game and it's fun to watch. Would be better if I knew what the **** they were trying to do all the time tho.

They are definitely tougher than NFL players. NFL has too many rules (and pads) to protect players. Rugby players don't give a fukk.

Do they flop in rugby like they do in soccer? I doubt it. Like I said I don't know the rules.

IDunno89
    IDunno89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    I don't know shitt about the game except the scrum and the basics but remember the rugby parties in college....those fukks could drink.

Good times
    Lmao that's hilarious....

I don't know about rugby being a pussies game... Pretty tough guys imo

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post

Good times
    What exctly are they trying to do in the scrum anyway? In the games I have seen it seems like the ball is in there for soooo damn long when it would be so easy to just grab it and toss it to a teammate. See, again I wish I knew the rules and strategies of this fukking game.

Can you imagine an NFL WR running down the field dribbling the football like an NBA player and then kicking it through the goal posts? Kinda sounds like something TO would do.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post

I agree... it's a LOT like American football without a separate offense/defense lineup.

If you liked that match, just wait until Australia plays New Zealand or France v England. They'll be much better matches to watch.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I played for 2 years in college.....fun fukkin game.....I played in the back line (behind the scrum, the guys who throw the ball around in the back), inside center (basically compared to an outside linebacker on defense and fullback on offense)

Did it mostly for the social part of it as the parties we had were ridiculous but it was a really fun game and great group of guys. Also, was kinda laid back as we had alotta fun in practice and games

No joke, every game we had, there was atleast 1 serious injury and usually more than that......By the end of the season, we would usually have around 15 guys on injured reserve LOL

My first game ever, there was a short opening kickoff and it went right to me (just my luck)......As soon as I caught it, I got rocked so hard I had no clue what hit me, and one of my eye-contacts flew out.......Welcome to Rugby I guess. Never had a serious injury thank god

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Make sure you guys watching for the first time tune later in the tournament for the finals.

Should be some really good matches. You will all want to see the All Blacks lifting the trophy as well

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38325

they have this on tv?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    they have this on tv?
    You own a tv?

Optional

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/ne...d=2042464.html has the TV list

if it USA you want

United States & Territorries NBC Universal
    • All USA pool matches, opening match, both semi-finals and Finals live on Pay TV (VIA Universal Sports)
    • Minimum of 5 additional matches on Pay TV within 3 days of the match
    • All 48 matches live on PPV and simulcast on Universal Sports

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

Watch the Samoan/Tongan/NZL games if you wanna see some hits

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I don't have the Fox broadcasts of Rugby, but F'N hell - that is a GREAT game to watch live from start/finish.
    Wish I had more of bead on it to catch live games. It's a SICK game with sicker oppenents.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Okay, so the next rugby games on TV over this coming week (primarily on espn2 mexico) are:

france vs canada
    england vs georgia
    italy vs russia
    south africa vs namibia
    tonga vs japan
    australia vs usa
    new zealand vs france
    argentina vs scotland

It's gonna be a fun week

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Glad to see you getting into the codes us Aussies love. You should definitely watch some league and AFL - those are two of the best games in the world to watch in my opinion.

Problem with Rugby is that it can be ruined by a referee (e.g. Ireland vs Australia game), doesn't happen in League and AFL.

Agree with Beni - love watching those games from teams in the south pacific.

In Australia Union is the bastion of elitest private boys school wankers, so I don't watch it often other than the world cup; it's the same in the UK and South Africa, but fortunately not like that for all countries that play.

Keep enjoying the footy!

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bunch of hard hitting going on. Rugby is top class.

astrobloke
    astrobloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1642

Yes it aint no NFL where they have to wear Helmets, body armor and tampons down the front. That game is for girls!!! LOL

Rugby is a real mans game!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

Optional

Almost every RWC video on youtube seems to have people dissing NFL too. I don't get it. Have you never watched NFL? They have heaps more big hits than we do in Union. And enough about the pads already. Union players wear pretty substantial padding too, plus the American stuff hurts more when it hits as well as just protecting, and also makes the players go in harder.

Why pick an argument about toughness against a sport that is clearly very tough itself? Stick to laughing at soccer.

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

Agreed optional, hate it when people try argue over what's better, people just back the sport they play/watch. Really looks stupid

Optional

Personally, I think Union is closer to American football than it is to Rugby League. The way the play flows, and tactically.

Surprised more union fans don't get right into the NFL.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I'm a convert to NFL, and anyone that watches it knows it's equally a brutal sport. On today's Sunday night football we had people diving helmet first into tackles and a quarterback coughing up blood!