Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are the Vikings THAT BAD?????

I mean c'mon guys .... they hung in there on the road vs San Diego who some people are picking to beat New England this week....

Is McNabb that bad???????? REALLY????

Remember when Minnesota used to be an automatic win when playing at home?

The Vikings defense is still good right?

what am I missing here? Vikings -3 looks solid

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Minny did not have the ball much
    SD controlled the game

Hard to tell off that game how Mcnaab looks

Ice House

Yeah i admit I didn't follow the Redskins last year.... I watch a lot of NFL football and didn't watch a single Redskins game.

McNabb used to be good. But the main thing I've always thought that made the Vikings good is their defense , home field advantage, and AP

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNabb looked horrible
    Vikings defense has taken a big step down
    If Bucs can contain Peterson they win

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    I mean c'mon guys .... they hung in there on the road vs San Diego who some people are picking to beat New England this week....

Is McNabb that bad???????? REALLY????

Remember when Minnesota used to be an automatic win when playing at home?

The Vikings defense is still good right?

what am I missing here? Vikings -3 looks solid
    Take away the opening kickoff return and they were really bad, SD lost their field goal kicker on the first play of the game else SD would have had more points.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

mcnabb is a mediocre quarterback, not to mention that he is in a new setting, no matter what you say it is gonna take at least a few games for the offense to feel comfortable

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22798

McNubb is the problem. They need to develop a QB for long term benefits

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess you forget mcnabb's history against that tampa 2 defense. No matter who is on that defense he has trouble making reads and usually throws a couple back breaking picks. Bucs D has his number. The bucs overachieved last season but they are better than the vikings. No more Williams wall (Phat Pat is gonna hang it up and kevin is suspended 1 more game) either nobody seems to talk about that but it's a huge deal.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah I like Bucs +3, but sometimes it is hard betting against AP. Peterson is easily the best non-QB player in the NFL. I don't see Raheem Morris' team going 0-2.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Mcnabb now adays equals terrible!

Ice House

ok so i won't take vikings -3

next game ....

ottomatic
    ottomatic's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live in MN, and it's really hard to predict what kind of team this is right now. With S.D. spotting us 7 pts right away last week and their K being hurt we should have been able to steal the game. I guess I'm not betting on them until I see more out of this Offense

Ice House

I remember the days when the Vikings had the best D-Line in football ... they recked havoc on the other teams running game and put pressure on the QB ...

Is Jarred Allen not good anymore and Antawn Winfield is he really good?

ottomatic

by the way watching the vikes last week was just like watching a terrible car accident in slow mo

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Just so you know the Bucs don't run the Tampa 2 anymore. Raheem Morris says he uses it a few times a game, but not his base defense.

Quote Originally Posted by letitride87 View Post
    I guess you forget mcnabb's history against that tampa 2 defense. No matter who is on that defense he has trouble making reads and usually throws a couple back breaking picks. Bucs D has his number. The bucs overachieved last season but they are better than the vikings. No more Williams wall (Phat Pat is gonna hang it up and kevin is suspended 1 more game) either nobody seems to talk about that but it's a huge deal.

Ice House

i just wouldn't bet on the Buccaneers in this spot though.... playing on the road.

I think they are better road teams to choose from

Texans
    Cowboys
    Packers

ottomatic

I remember the days when the Vikings had the best D-Line in football ... they recked havoc on the other teams running game and put pressure on the QB ...

Is Jarred Allen not good anymore and Antawn Winfield is he really good?
    Winfield is slowing down but he is my fav player to watch on that D, watching him blow up people @ only 5'9" is fun and he's fearless. I don't know what Allen's problem is but he is talented, whether or not that will equate to sacks again remains to be seen.

Someone else mentioned K williams missing, he is a beast, 6'5" and (athletic) 310lbs cannot be replaced easily

Ice House

did williams retire or go to a different team?

ottomatic

did williams retire or go to a different team?
    kevin is serving his 2 game suspension for the starcaps supplement debacle. pat williams retired/wasn't resigned this year

ottomatic

double post

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

vegas thinks these teams are even yet everyone on SBR thinks the opposite.

What should you do?

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

line is very telling, take tampa plus the points all day long

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Kind of hard to make a read on Minnesota. They went on the road and got outplayed by the Chargers. That was expected considering the Chargers are a Super Bowl team. Minny took away the Chargers running game but couldn't do anything to stop P Rivers in the passing. I see Minny shutting down the Tampa running game and I doubt Freeman will put up Phillip River numbers. He's a good QB but not that good. Minny should be able to run on Tampa. Tampa's pass defense is horrible but I don't know if Minny is that bad in the passing game where they can't take advantage of the horrible pass defense.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I had to role with the Buccaneers ML +135 here.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

Mcnabb IS that bad...he had the benefit of playing in the same system for years mastered it. Couldn't figure out the redskins offense in his one year there...reportedly calling the wrong formation numerous times throughout the season. Now he is learning another system and is struggling with it as well. You won't hear anything bad about Mcnabb with the way he practices, always positive things coming out of practice but when it comes down to running this new offense on Sunday he fails time and time again.

Minny is going to be as good as AP makes them, because aside from a few deep passes this year where mcnabb will hit, their pass offense is going to struggle. Defense is solid.