I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Tom Brady Tells Fans To Get 'Lubed' Up Before The Game

This cracks me up. Have a great Friday!

Tom Brady Tells Fans To Get 'Lubed' Up Before The Game

6:46 p.m. CDT, September 15, 2011
    FOXBOROUGH, MA—
    New England Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady, was asked about how Patriots fans should prepare for this Sunday’s home-opener against the Chargers and his response was a bit odd.

“Start drinking early,” says Brady. “Get nice and rowdy. It's a 4:15 game. There is lots of time to get lubed up, and come out here and cheer for their home team."

Lubed up?
    Does he mean like with KY jelly?

If so, it’s certainly working for him considering he threw for 517 yards and 4 touchdowns last weekend against the Miami Dolphins.
    The NFL is not happy about Brady insinuating that fans in New England get drunk before Sunday’s game.
    The Patriots PR staff quickly put out a statement saying that Brady meant the fans should stay hydrated, drink water and drink responsibly.

Sure, that’s exactly what he meant. Right! Glad they cleared that up.

VIDEO ---- http://www.39online.com/newsfix/kiah...,7356441.story
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 09-16-11 at 11:17 AM.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

I suspected Brady was gay as soon as he got his Justin Bieber hairdo, but this confirms it
    Last edited by OTL; 09-16-11 at 11:21 AM.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Maybe Gisele's got a dry oyster.

But, most of the time this is due to poor shucking.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm so tired of the male press having a giant man crush on Brady saying he's perfect.Last year they interviewed him coming off the field around Christmas and they asked him if he had something to say.He said, ''I want to wish my DAUGHTERS and wife a merry Christmas''.The guy has a bastard son too who someday will hear about how Brady doesn't aknowlege his presence other than flipping him child support.At least Latrell Sprewell said that he needed more money in a contract to support all his illigitimate kids where besides child support,he aknowleged having them.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Maybe he thinks the Chargers defense are in town to go after his ass!

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like it

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

patriots

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna be some gay stuff goin on in the crowd
    Keep your eyes peeled

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I heard this on WEEI (Boston Sports Radio) about 5 minutes after the interview and I almost shit myself. I couldn't believe my ears...but I love it! Live about 45 minutes from Foxboro and it's going to be ROWDY around these parts. MNF was rowdy enough, now the home opener against a hated AFC rival, high scoring shootout and with Brady telling everyone to "start drinking early"

Tom, I will obey your commands

Ingram$
    Ingram$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Keeps my eyes open

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    I'm so tired of the male press having a giant man crush on Brady saying he's perfect.Last year they interviewed him coming off the field around Christmas and they asked him if he had something to say.He said, ''I want to wish my DAUGHTERS and wife a merry Christmas''.The guy has a bastard son too who someday will hear about how Brady doesn't aknowlege his presence other than flipping him child support.At least Latrell Sprewell said that he needed more money in a contract to support all his illigitimate kids where besides child support,he aknowleged having them.
    You have no fukking clue what you're talking about. He spends lots of time with his son. Plenty of articles and pictures online.

PS- he doesn't even have a daughter

OP- that was a funny ass quote. And for the Pats.... worst attempt at a PR move ever? Lol

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Tom Brady is a immortal. A modern day hero. A true warrior. Tom Brady's father was Chuck Norris.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    You have no fukking clue what you're talking about. He spends lots of time with his son. Plenty of articles and pictures online.

PS- he doesn't even have a daughter

OP- that was a funny ass quote. And for the Pats.... worst attempt at a PR move ever? Lol
    You're exactly right, rsnnh. Crude, you have no fukking clue. Ever wonder why Brady spends all offseason in SoCal and gets back JUST before OTA's and camp????

If you're that retarded, I'll answer for you...

HE'S WITH HIS FAMILY!

Ice House

Yeah Tom Brady you are the ******* man!!!!! I love Tom Brady

you gotta love Tom Brady this dude is what sports is all about. Hell Yeah Tom get those fans drunk and fired up

Ice House

people just don't realize how big of a home field advantage New England really has until they go see a game at Gillette stadium... It is massive.

Other stadiums like the Panthers, Chargers have no home field advantage

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brady can say anything he wants

Ice House I though Jets beat Brady in Gillette Stadium last year in playoffs??

Ice House

They did... and the Jets are built to beat the Patriots... Homefield advantage was not going to help them in that game.

To beat New England you must have very good WR which the Jets have. Very good secondary which the Jets have. And you have to put pressure on Tom Brady which ofcourse the Jets did.

That being said there are only a handful of teams that can do that against the Patriots...

Packers
    Jets
    Eagles
    Ravens
    Maybe the Chargers....

Unfortunately for the Patriots they will have to beat these teams in the playoffs but they have a much better chance playing at home. The Patriots really addressed the need to protect Brady in the off-season. Very Solid draft pick in Soldier.

and the defense seems a little better than last year.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Brady can say anything he wants

Ice House I though Jets beat Brady in Gillette Stadium last year in playoffs??
    Bad memories

The Jets just flat out outplayed the Pats. No excuses.

Pats haven't lost a regular season home game with Brady at QB since 2006 though crazy ass streak.

jmush
    jmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

yea hate on tom brady that would be pretty original of all of you...kiss the rings dbags

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Brady uses lube all the time. He wants the fans to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I heard this on WEEI (Boston Sports Radio) about 5 minutes after the interview and I almost shit myself. I couldn't believe my ears...but I love it!
    Tom, I will obey your commands
    Make sure not to skimp. Buy lots of KY jelly!
    Last edited by yisman; 09-16-11 at 03:13 PM.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    people just don't realize how big of a home field advantage New England really has until they go see a game at Gillette stadium... It is massive.

Other stadiums like the Panthers, Chargers have no home field advantage
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...partone/081121

When Gillette Stadium opened eight months after New England's first Super Bowl title, the boys reacted like Tom Hanks in "Cast Away" right after his rescue, when he's wandering around an empty hotel room after the "Welcome Back!" party, looking at the high-rise tray of fresh seafood and wondering what the hell just happened. Suddenly, it was harder to get there and harder to park. Many die-hards were nudged to the third level of the stadium, with their noise drifting toward the sky instead of the field. The lower seats and suites were dominated by some die-hards and an inordinate amount of laid-back, well-connected fans who weren't exactly painting their faces before games. The chasm between the "haves" and the "have-nots" was jarring. I've attended three Pats games in the Gillette Mausoleum and always felt like I had been transported into a David Lynch movie in which everything looked slightly the same, only it isn't even remotely the same. Throw in the dirty secret that it isn't really fun to attend an NFL game in the 21st century -- the routine of "kickoff, TV timeout, three plays, punt, TV timeout, five plays, field goal, TV timeout, kickoff, TV timeout, someone gets hurt on first down, prolonged TV timeout, three more plays, touchdown, extra point, TV timeout, kickoff, TV timeout" gets old after about 25 minutes -- and by 2006 Bug's friends were making pro-and-con lists for keeping their tickets.
    So, why haven't they given them up yet?
    "The tailgates," Bug says grimly. "If we could take the tailgate and replicate the camaraderie in our backyard, we'd do it."
    Yikes. Even those tailgates became less enjoyable when the Patriots opened Patriot Place this season, a super-mall/mega-complex that bumped fans out of the main parking lot unless they paid an extortion fe— er, a premium fee. Team Buggy now tailgates on the other side of Route 1 for $50, crammed between a zillion other cars in a miasma of charcoal fumes. It takes them 35-40 minutes to walk from this space and find their seats inside. It takes them another 90 minutes to get home because common fans can't use the special access road for high rollers. Suddenly, it's an 11-hour commitment -- and a relatively expensive one -- to hang out and support their favorite team in an increasingly somber stadium.
    "We used to stand for every big down and every big drive," Bug says wistfully. "Now people yell at us to sit down. The old stadium was a dump, but we felt like we were at a football game, you know? Now we're at ... I don't know. The fans don't affect the game anymore. It's really sad. Grover calls it the wine-and-cheese crowd. We've become the fans we always made fun of."
    So, how did we get here? Like so many other Patriots fans who fretted about them possibly moving in the early '90s, I will always appreciate Robert Kraft for saving the franchise, hiring Bill Belichick, winning three Super Bowls and keeping the team competitive. But he turned the experience of being a Patriots season-ticket holder into something of a Have/Have-Not dynamic, an ironic twist for a local businessman who originally curried favor because of his "I've been a lifetime Pats fan and season-ticket holder just like you!" mantra. Once upon a time, the fans felt like Kraft was one of them. He was a "have" who cared just as much about the "have-nots." Fairly or unfairly, some don't believe that anymore. I would put my buddy Bug and his friends in that group. They feel disenfranchised to a degree. Like Turtle and Drama if "Aquaman" hit big, then Vince told them they had to start sleeping in the guesthouse.
    That brewing disenfranchisement keeps popping up at these home games. You can not hear it, if that makes sense. And not just in New England. Thirteen teams have built SOTAS (state-of-the-art stadiums) since 1999; 14 if you include Daniel Snyder's overhauling of FedEx Field in 2004. Each stadium follows a similar let's-rake-in-the-cash blueprint. The first section of seats hug the field. At the top of those sections, the club seats start. That's followed by a phalanx of premium luxury suites. More luxury suites dominate the second section. And the majority of blue-collar fans are crammed into the upper decks. Fundamentally, it's a flawed way to cultivate a home-field advantage; beyond the emotional compromises and festering resentment of the blue-collar fans, the newer stadiums don't reverberate noise the same. Look at Lambeau or Ralph Wilson Stadium -- just rows and rows of fans, one after the other, rising for something like 75 rows before you hit your first luxury box. Watching the Browns-Bills game Monday night, I found myself enjoying the fans as much as the contest itself. Now this was football!