Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will the Chiefs O-Line hold up against the Lions?

The Chiefs have a ton of weapons on offense Breaston, Bowe, Charles , Davis... but can their offense line stop Suh and Fairley???

is the Chiefs offensive line known to be good? I know they are not as bad as they looked last week but I don't know much about their O-Line...

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Chiefs might be in for a long day on both sides of the ball. If Charles doesn't get established early and the game is in the hands of Cassel, it might get ugly. With Berry being out for KC, I think Stafford and Co. have a field day. I just don't see how KC can score enough points to hang with the firepower of the Lions (yes, I said firepower and Lions in the same sentence lol)

jbatcha21
    jbatcha21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Not a chance in hell. Look for Stafford and the offense to score early and force the Chiefs to throw the ball to get back in the game. Suh and company will tee off on Cassell once that happens. It's going to be tough to beat this Lions this year if you let them get out to an early double digit lead.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Lions should win. Cover another story. Expect the chiefs to put up a better effort after the ass whooping they took.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I have no idea how the cheifs won last year, but I don't think Cassel will be as bad as he was vs. Buffalo. They still have Bowe, and Beaston, and charles as their rb. i still think the lions win big, but playing better then they did vs. last week isn't saying much i guess.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

is fairley playing

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lions should win. Cover another story. Expect the chiefs to put up a better effort after the ass whooping they took.
    Hopefully I seen some stat that said in the last 6 games or something they were out scored at home 126-42.

biggamerife21
    biggamerife21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

i would split 60 carries between charles and jones before i would let noodle arm throw it twice

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough game, and agree with lakerboy....Lions win (I think) But not sure about the points.

I figured Kansas City would win last week as well. Who would of thought Buffalo putting up that many points on em. And I would like to believe that the Lions offense is MUCH better than Buffalo's.

But who really knows if Kansas City is just really that bad this year, or if last week was just a fluke, and they play the Lions much better than people think.

Who the fukk knows...

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Kansas City will find it very very difficult to win this game

their secondary is awful without Eric Berry and Stafford and company will throw the ball all day against them forcing the Chiefs to become predictable and try to throw the ball a lot. Detroit's D Line will take it from there and I expect at least 3 sacks in this one

I think Detroit will cover the spread but I don't feel all that confident...worst case scenario is they win this 27-20

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    The Chiefs have a ton of weapons on offense Breaston, Bowe, Charles , Davis... but can their offense line stop Suh and Fairley???

is the Chiefs offensive line known to be good? I know they are not as bad as they looked last week but I don't know much about their O-Line...
    Ice...I live in the KC area so I've been hearing the local stations just bashing the Chiefs to death this week. Couple of things up front the loss of Tony Moeaki at TE was a killer and weakened an already below average offensive line. Also, not sure who you mean on "Davis" as a weapon...you mean Thomas Jones? The Kansas City "O" line is probably the weakest point of the whole team, and if Buffalo pushed them on their ass, Mr Suh and company will probably do much of the same.

Cassel has a below average arm, and when he is made to rush he's really inaccurate. He's got a rib issue, so a couple of shots from the Lions and the Tyler Palko era may begin On defense, the loss of Eric Berry is probably the biggest blow to the team. The secondary without Berry will get exposed as they're slow, and chasing around Johnson and company won't make it any easier. I've got zero confidence in the Chiefs this weekend.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

If there was such a thing as fading the public... i see KC as a good value at +9 should climb higher by kickoff . They were a playoff team last year and added Steve Breaston at WR to go along with one of the top fantasy WR Bowe.

I like the Lions ML though. Haven't seen Nick Fairley this year yet ... is he as good as Ndmdhah Suh?

brahmabull117

If there was such a thing as fading the public... i see KC as a good value at +9 should climb higher by kickoff . They were a playoff team last year and added Steve Breaston at WR to go along with one of the top fantasy WR Bowe.

I like the Lions ML though. Haven't seen Nick Fairley this year yet ... is he as good as Ndmdhah Suh?

the problem with taking the chiefs is that I think detroit will get out to a decent size lead playing at home with that explosive offense. If you get 2 quarters of Cassell having to throw every play against a great defensive line facing a terrible offensive line, you will see a lot of hits/sacks and mistakes by cassell

Dirty Sanchez

Fairley just got out of the boot this past week and hasn't practiced in about 6-8 weeks....he might not be seen for another 4-6 weeks. He's not as good as Suh, but he'll take some of the double teams, etc. off of him which makes the Lions D even better. If the Lions decide to put 8 men in the box and shut Charles down, daring Cassel to beat them by the pass, it could be a long day for KC. KC's front office did a horrible job strengthening the team this off season, and they're tons under the cap. The fan base are really bitching right now, and if they get smoked this weekend, talk radio will really be singing next week Here's sticker shock for you....last weekend at Arrowhead it cost $27 to park...damn

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Doesnt matter you have weapons like Bowe & Breaston when you have Cassel as your QB. This guy should be in the arena league. KC has NO shot here

LittleLarryY
    LittleLarryY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I don't know if any o-line can hold up to the lions. Not really a fan but they're that good.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Doesnt matter you have weapons like Bowe & Breaston when you have Cassel as your QB. This guy should be in the arena league. KC has NO shot here

how did this guy have such good numbers last year?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

You guys know Eric Berry missed the most tackles in the NFL last year...

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    You guys know Eric Berry missed the most tackles in the NFL last year...
    He also was selected to the Pro Bowl...first Chiefs rookie since Derrick Thomas....led the teams in interceptions, and was 2nd on the team in tackles right behind Derrick Johnson. You might want to check your facts

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    He also was selected to the Pro Bowl...first Chiefs rookie since Derrick Thomas....led the teams in interceptions, and was 2nd on the team in tackles right behind Derrick Johnson. You might want to check your facts
    Pro Bowl, are you serious? Pro Bowl selections are a joke.

Anyway, that "fact" was from nfl experts who break down every play not some espn yahooooos and fans.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Pro Bowl, are you serious? Pro Bowl selections are a joke.

Anyway, that "fact" was from nfl experts who break down every play not some espn yahooooos and fans.
    Well the numbers were 92 and 77...he pulled down a $60 million dollar contract....and the Pro Bowl Players are selected by the coaches and players....so somebody obviously likes his play

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

The Lions should be able to win this.