Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bengals +4.5 a gift? ????

This Bengals team might be foreal....

AJ Green and Cedric Benson 2 of the most explosive offensive players in the NFL.

Leon Hall and Nate Clements as CB's 2 of the best shut down corners in the NFL.

I'm looking at this roster and it's loaded with talent... the Bengals offensive line and defensive line is very good too.

LittleLarryY
    LittleLarryY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Green remains to be seen and I'm not so sure that Benson is "explosive" but I am high on the Bengals this year. I'd take the ML if it weren't at Mile High.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont do it. broncos will bounce back here.

Ice House

really? you think Broncos win here?

On Monday night it seemed like the fans had already given up on the Broncos this year... they were chanting the 3rd string QB's name lol

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    really? you think Broncos win here? On Monday night it seemed like the fans had already given up on the Broncos this year... they were chanting the 3rd string QB's name lol
    hes a broncos fan, of course hes going to say it.

im on bengals myself. no way denver wins big vs bengals.

brucelee66
    brucelee66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seriously??? The Bungles will always be the Bungles, trust me - I've been a Steeler fan for 30 years and last time Cinci had a good team (real good) was when Boomer was under center. Starts from the owner and trickles down, Bengal organization is erratic and have no knack for winning (see LA Clippers, Detroit Lions). Although looks like Det may have something going, like last year - then they get hit with the voodoo Stafford injury. Something will get Detroit this year too.
    Anyway, Bengals suck and so do the Broncos. This game's a toss up. Neither team improved since last year. Well I take that back, anything is an improvement over McDaniel's - who almost single-handedly jacked up the franchise. At least they were smart enough to ditch him quickly. Fox is a good coach and will probably get the team back on track sometime, but it won't happen overnight. Rush defense is terrible still and McFadden exposed it AGAIN on MNF. As for Cinci, Browns were overrated and lost - as is always possible in a division game. Denver choked to a mediocre Oak team, this even with double (ass-kickings) revenge from last year. Lewis will never get this team anywhere, they'll be lucky to win 5 games (including 2 vs Browns). Benson is "ok" and AJ Green caught 1 pass. Denver shouldn't be favored vs many teams but Cinci, probably.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Wow, how people change perception so fast.

Thought the Bengals TT for the year was a lock of the century???

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Bengals are a good bet because the Broncos have been the worst favorite in the history of mankind in recent years. They are seemingly always overvalued at home. Now I am not a huge trends guy, but I think it's worth noting that Denver is 10-30 ATS as a favorite on the last 40 occasions and 2-14 ATS when favored by more than 3.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Bengals wont win. They might cover the spread but they arent winning. Mile high affect will take place in the fourth quarter.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Bengals are a good bet because the Broncos have been the worst favorite in the history of mankind in recent years. They are seemingly always overvalued at home. Now I am not a huge trends guy, but I think it's worth noting that Denver is 10-30 ATS as a favorite on the last 40 occasions and 2-14 ATS when favored by more than 3.
    Den: 4-21 ATS as Home Fav.

Who wins? Who knows, but Bengals not a gift, considering their QB situation. I do think AJ Green winds up being a stud.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bengals wont win. They might cover the spread but they arent winning. Mile high affect will take place in the fourth quarter.
    And that logic could precisely be the reason why the Broncos are often overvalued at home. People buy into the altitude factor and ignore the fact that the Broncos are not very good. No, the Bengals aren't great either, but whenever it is dregs vs. dregs, the dog almost always has value.

lakerboy

And that logic could precisely be the reason why the Broncos are often overvalued at home. People buy into the altitude factor and ignore the fact that the Broncos are not very good. No, the Bengals aren't great either, but whenever it is dregs vs. dregs, the dog almost always has value.
    I dont think the broncos are good at all either. I do think the mile high effect will happen to a team like the bengals cause they arent very good to begin with. As for the ml the value has dropped like a rock on the bengals. So many teams over the years have folded late in denver.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

There are no gifts in the NFL...

You are one roughing the passer penalty away from losing any NFL bet...

Unless of course, it is a well thought out over, which these penalties tend to help...

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee66 View Post
    Seriously??? The Bungles will always be the Bungles, trust me - I've been a Steeler fan for 30 years and last time Cinci had a good team (real good) was when Boomer was under center. Starts from the owner and trickles down, Bengal organization is erratic and have no knack for winning (see LA Clippers, Detroit Lions). Although looks like Det may have something going, like last year - then they get hit with the voodoo Stafford injury. Something will get Detroit this year too.
    Anyway, Bengals suck and so do the Broncos. This game's a toss up. Neither team improved since last year. Well I take that back, anything is an improvement over McDaniel's - who almost single-handedly jacked up the franchise. At least they were smart enough to ditch him quickly. Fox is a good coach and will probably get the team back on track sometime, but it won't happen overnight. Rush defense is terrible still and McFadden exposed it AGAIN on MNF. As for Cinci, Browns were overrated and lost - as is always possible in a division game. Denver choked to a mediocre Oak team, this even with double (ass-kickings) revenge from last year. Lewis will never get this team anywhere, they'll be lucky to win 5 games (including 2 vs Browns). Benson is "ok" and AJ Green caught 1 pass. Denver shouldn't be favored vs many teams but Cinci, probably.

Says the Pitt fan, wtf happened to them last week?

Ice House

correct me if I'm wrong but Leon Hall and Nate Clements are 2 of the best cornerbacks in the NFL right? I haven't followed Nate Clements that closely but I know he used to be a stud...one of the most hard hitting DB's in the league.

Ray Maluaga from USC has he been good in NFL? Reggie Nelson is a stud saftey too. I'm not even a Bengals fan and I know they sucked last year. But someone please name me just 1 playmaker on the Broncos offense??

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I would be on CIN with the spread precisely because it's ugly versus ugly which makes me nervous.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    There are no gifts in the NFL... You are one roughing the passer penalty away from losing any NFL bet... Unless of course, it is a well thought out over, which these penalties tend to help...
    just fukin amazing contribution to the thread.

what good did the mile high stadium to them vs oakland? its all BS if you ask me.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post

what good did the mile high stadium to them vs oakland? its all BS if you ask me.

oakland is used to playing there.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post

actually, its the most useful info in the whole thread...

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

raiders have always played well in denver. Denver is not bad, their rush defense is bad. their offense is not. Trust me, yes i am bias but they are not as bad a team as people think. The bengals will not be able to throw at all in this game. The broncos will load up the line. they gave up a 20 and 47 yard run to the stud of the league last week. After that they only gave up 83 yards to him. They will cover this.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

ii wheres my 20 pts at pal
    Points Awarded:

iifold gave Bcatswin 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Donkwin47
    Donkwin47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    This Bengals team might be foreal....

AJ Green and Cedric Benson 2 of the most explosive offensive players in the NFL.

Leon Hall and Nate Clements as CB's 2 of the best shut down corners in the NFL.

I'm looking at this roster and it's loaded with talent... the Bengals offensive line and defensive line is very good too.

Are you serious?

TonyHoliday
    TonyHoliday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Denver for me

Orton at home in bounce back game against a rookie QB who is banged up.

thanks

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Broncos have lots of injuries thus why the line went down.

Tough pick for now.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

bengals seem like a good teaser idea, no way they lose by a lot to the crappy broncos imo.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Benson is one of the most explosive offensive players in the league?? Are you fukking high?

Gore
    Peterson
    Sproles
    Turner
    Vick
    McCoy
    D. Jackson
    Maclin
    White
    V. Jackson
    C. Johnson
    A. Johnson
    Foster
    Wayne
    Wallace
    Mendenall
    Hillis
    Charles
    Bowe
    McFadden
    Holmes
    Marshall
    Gates
    V. Davis
    Witten
    Bryant
    Austin
    Manningham
    Nicks

Should I list some more?

ThaddeusB
    ThaddeusB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135661

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee66 View Post
    As a long time Bengal fan, I must say this is 100% true. They have the worst ownership in the league and arguably the worst in-game coach. The talent is OK, but nothing special, and you can't win in the NFL via the run. Week 1 was a fluke and only looks like something because it was week 1. The Bengals will be lucky to win 4 games this year. No opinion on the +4.5 line though.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

line down to 3.5, got it at 4.5, feeling good. might drop even more.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by ThaddeusB View Post
    As a long time Bengal fan, I must say this is 100% true. They have the worst ownership in the league and arguably the worst in-game coach. The talent is OK, but nothing special, and you can't win in the NFL via the run. Week 1 was a fluke and only looks like something because it was week 1. The Bengals will be lucky to win 4 games this year. No opinion on the +4.5 line though.

Disagree. I think they win 6 games for sure.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

They will fall into 6 wins for sure.

brooks85

Its not even out of the realm of possibility they start off 8-0 with peyton out. The D is that good, when healthy, and Benson is legit. The biggest factor is dalton and not turning the ball over; he has looked very calm in the pocket so far...

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not...

bilsonx_nc
    bilsonx_nc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver was terrible against the run last week and Andy Dalton actually looked pretty good in week 1. However Cincinatti just doesnt seem like they got an overall team good enough to beat anyone. They got lucky in the browns game last week and caught the defence off guard for that game winning touchdown pass while the browns were still in a Defensive huddle. I would say Denver would be the better pick but probably a no play for me.

brooks85

also worth noting even tho the bengals moved the ball, the browns had a bunch of penalties in the first half.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

O
    |
    M
    |
    G

If, by "explosive", you mean "slow and plodding", then yes -- Cedric Benson is explosive.

12 Last