EASTCOAST EASY
    EASTCOAST EASY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Temple to cover Saturday

Anyone on board with Temple covering against Penn St???? Love this dog play on Saturday. Owls will be up for this one at home.

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

no..

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

They wont cover.

Fire15
    Fire15's Avatar Become A Pro!

shut your ass!! doooosh!!!

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

RLM loser

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no

Penn St played a powerhouse in game 1

Temple is ok but it looks too easy

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Not sure if I like this one.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by EASTCOAST EASY View Post
    Anyone on board with Temple covering against Penn St???? Love this dog play on Saturday. Owls will be up for this one at home.

While this game is being played in Philly @ The Link, it is hardly a "home" game for Temple. Nobody cares about Temple football around here while Penn St is huge throughout Central & Eastern PA. This crowd will be 80% Penn St essentially making it a home game for them.

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EASTCOAST EASY View Post
    Well first of all, what makes you think this will be a Temple home game? Because the schedule says "at" Temple?

It's at the Linc in Philly. 80%+ of that stadium will be Penn State fans. So there goes your last sentence.

Secondly, Penn State's defense will really hold back Temple. Remember they don't have Golden anymore either. Right now I'm seeing this at 7.5 and would never ever ever even put a penny on Temple in this situation.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Temple has always been a money maker for me, both when they sucked and once they turned things around.
    This line opened at 10 and dropped to 7 1/2, meaning lots of money coming in on Temple
    I liked Temple at 10, not too sure now. Temples much better offensively but I'm not sure their defense holds up here
    Its a no play for me

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Temple a legit team this year? Should I be concerned when they play Maryland?

EASTCOAST EASY
    EASTCOAST EASY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice FIRE 15, just putting out there a dog i like and there always has to be one jack off that has to be down right nasty!!!!!!! perhaps your life is lacking something??????? maybe a lack of loving ?????
    Last edited by EASTCOAST EASY; 09-14-11 at 08:05 AM.

bigguyz
    bigguyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

"Secondly, Penn State's defense will really hold back Temple. Remember
    they don't have Golden anymore either.
    Right now I'm seeing this at 7.5 and would never ever ever even put a penny on Temple in this situation."

Your right with te crowd, however regarding Golden not being there has nothing to do with it. Temple brought I'm Addazio from the gators along with 6 other coaches from Urban Meyers staff at UF. This is one of the better staffs around. Better than what Golden had, but not taking anything away from him, he did an amazing job there. Addazio will have them ready to play on sat. However, not touching this game.
    Huge scare, Bolden at qb is not vey strong in my op. This game will be won by defense.
    Last edited by bigguyz; 09-14-11 at 09:00 AM.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    While this game is being played in Philly @ The Link, it is hardly a "home" game for Temple. Nobody cares about Temple football around here while Penn St is huge throughout Central & Eastern PA. This crowd will be 80% Penn St essentially making it a home game for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kufta4 View Post
    Well first of all, what makes you think this will be a Temple home game? Because the schedule says "at" Temple?

It's at the Linc in Philly. 80%+ of that stadium will be Penn State fans. So there goes your last sentence.

Someone ban this guy for plagiarism

bigguyz
    bigguyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Hahah, just realized that

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post

Exactly. This is essentially a home game for Penn State. 80% PSU fans sounds about right to me.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

I like temple also but it seems like a pretty popular dog pick around here. Penn st ain't no slouch as a road favorite but the same can be said for temple as a home dog.

SVD514
    crosby sucks. go flyers
    SVD514's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont think you can use the fan excuse for penn state though. I go to temple and yea our stadium is gonna be taken over by psu fans. id give it 70 percent not 80, but thats not that big of a difference. i went to the game last year at PSU and it was about 98 percent PSU with an occupancy of what? double the linc? temple definitly could have won last year if it wasnt for pierce(our RB) getting hurt and missing the second half. just saying i wouldnt use the "home" game for PSU as a reason to think you can trick vegas

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Temple is a good squad, but my money is on Penn State. PSU is much bigger and faster, and is going to give Temple a much harder time than their first two walkovers.

NolNo
    NolNo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked Penn St til I saw the line dropped from 12.5 open to 7.5. Makes me think something is up that I don't know about. I think Penn St is better than they were last year and I have a hard time seeing them give up a lot of points to Temple. Temple is a good team but they have played a couple of cupcakes. Akron is probably one of the top 5 worst teams in the country.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by SVD514 View Post
    i dont think you can use the fan excuse for penn state though. I go to temple and yea our stadium is gonna be taken over by psu fans. id give it 70 percent not 80, but thats not that big of a difference. i went to the game last year at PSU and it was about 98 percent PSU with an occupancy of what? double the linc? temple definitly could have won last year if it wasnt for pierce(our RB) getting hurt and missing the second half. just saying i wouldnt use the "home" game for PSU as a reason to think you can trick vegas
    Temple lost two major defensive playmakers to the NFL and from what I've seen, they have not made many improvements. Sure, they're decent, but PSU wins by 10+

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Not only they will cover..they will win.